The Midnight One

Kieran | he/him

Nerd | Skychild | Writer | Worldbuilder | Dreamer

You know the guy, classic goof, loves bad jokes. But has a copious amount of knowledge in, well, everything & they call the "parent" of the friendship group? I'm that guy

Amazing WtW Writers

sunny.v -> https://cutt.ly/XiPyfpH
chrysanthemums&ink -> https://cutt.ly/kiPyrBJ

----

accept change will be the only constant in your life, & laugh at the irony of it. - @inanutshell

----

Dreams, come and go but ideas flow out this head of mine.

I'm a creator of worlds. I bleed to put words on a page. I dream of wondrous, creative and intelligent people, people I wish I knew. I reveal my true self to others, inner thoughts, hopes, dreams and values.

I fill screens with words, paper with ideas, and my head with dreams.
I write, and share with you.

Strange Child Of The Red Dust #childofyournation

11
i am the child of vivid sunsets / a rich palette of reds, orange bursts, and pinks / the sky is always on fire come the end of the day / spectacular gradients reflect on the river / turning the dull brown to a painter's lucid canvas / out here, the skies are so beautiful and clear / one of the few things left in this place i truly hold dear

i am the boy of the brown river / the lifeblood of our town / curving gently around the rural sprawl / she alone is the only reason we all exist / without her, this place wouldn't be here / next to her softly flowing banks, a true sense of calm and timeless washes over me / alone in the silence of nature, for a fleeting moment, i feel free

i am the son the whispering gums / the bush scrub of dull greens and silvery greens / perch swimming through the billabong, black swans and cormorants nesting in the reeds /then i realise, it's not the nature making me desperately want an escape / it's the people, the memories, those things that happened, not the landscape

i am the baby born of red dust / despite never feeling like I belong to the hot, dry landscape / haunted by the ghosts of days past / yet i must return every other year / why must I come back when there's nothing left for me here?
Credit goes to the wonderful talented @sunny.v for her community challenge #childofyournation, and her incredible piece elegant daughter of asia. Highly recommend giving it a read.

Loved this challenge, thanks to Sunny!

Stanza 1 - our beautiful sunsets
Stanza 2 - the river, our lifeblood
Stanza 3 - the wonderful nature and birdlife
Stanza 4 - confusion

• June 27, 2020 - 5:41am (Now Viewing)

• birthdaycandles

‘why must I come back when there’s nothing left for me here?’
    I love how you’ve ended the piece with a rhetorical question, it leaves the reader wondering after you’ve finished reading, loved it :)

• Dmoral

The imagery here was breathtakingly gorgeous!

oh i love love love this. you open with such a vivid image of an australian sunset, wow. it's absolutely beautiful. like sunny said, i'd totally visit australia after reading your wonderful poem! your descriptions... wow. they're just so fricking breathtaking i can't-
    replying: of course you can ;)

aaaaah this gave me such a vivid image into your world! i loved how each stanza showed me a different lens, and i especially enjoyed the one about the nature and bird life. “ i am the boy of the brown river / the lifeblood of our town / curving gently around the rural sprawl / she alone is the only reason we all exist / without her, this place wouldn't be here” this is soooo vivid and i absolutely adore it! australia seems beautiful, thank you for letting me get to know your home. i’m honored to have you partake in this challenge! <3

• inanutshell

really love the nature descriptions here! 'the sky is always on fire come the end of the day / spectacular gradients reflect on the river / turning the dull brown to a painter's lucid canvas' the colours you incorporate here really makes the piece a work of art :)