chrysanthemums&ink

i want to reinvent myself.

nothing i write could ever compare to your beauty. would you mind staying for awhile anyways?

she/her. younger half of wtw: √!^(.
founded march 12th, 2020

hahahaHA so i'm cashing in on that old chinese nostalgia again bc you know bullet train stations are FILTHY but i still remember them.

also bottled water over there tastes like plastic ew and everyone's mean. and yes you can buy baijiu at train stations and medicine??? weird. everything's super expensive over there tho. and filthy.

checked back after a few hours and wtf is that title w hat is that.

grunge palace

21

oil stamped fingerprints, sharp tang of rolling suitcases and alcohol bottles
smashing against grubby concrete floors /
the filth crawls up the walls, numbered waiting rooms packed full of oxygen-wasters
crawling from squat toilets /  
pay an extra cent for bitter water wrapped with plastic noose /
brush sparks out of your hair as 
spines press against broken seat cushions, sheen of retired blue paint 
shattering and sticking to the back of wet jackets / 
echoing tonic triad, static filtering through robotic mandarin, the
stale reverb stings through the nape of your neck / 
blinding bits flying from neon leaderboards
dots of liquid anxiety /  
thighs pressed together and puffing uncomfortable cigarettes / 
iron your lips, silt and fast food remnants cling to the frames of your glasses / 
decomposed wallpaper where depraved shopkeepers dwell, shoving 
plastic wrapped hello kitties into your hands / 
listen for your rail number, the blue stained warrant impaled between sharp fingernails / 
leave a trail of rice cracker crumbs in your seat when you stand up / 
sweet hand sanitizer compels tears rubbed roughly into metallic paper cuts / 
melancholy long past its expiration date coats the gloves the conductor uses to
hole punch your ticket / pursed lips / 
tainted sorrow soluble in the shrieking voice of a mother in your aisle 
passing out seaweed snacks to her children / 
pale high speed rail emerges through charcoal shades of dirty train tracks / 
spittle adheres to your cheek, you breathe it in / 
your train is here / . /
旅客们请注意, 开往武汉的T248次列车,已经开始捡票进站。 

• July 2, 2020 - 2:37am (Now Viewing)

“melancholy long past its expiration date” !!!
    i adore this poem, reading it truly feels like stepping into a snapshot of somewhere i’ve never been but can fully picture and hear in my head. like i feel like i know EXACTLY what you’re describing, that’s how vivid and real it is!

• Tapasya

Ooooohhhh this was aweeeeesoooome......
    I even decoded the footnotes...... Hooray!!!!!!!
    This was lovely, seriously... I can sleep peacefully now......

• inanutshell

such vivid imagery!!! love love love this esp 'echoing tonic triad, static filtering through robotic mandarin, the stale reverb stings through the nape of your neck' and also 'melancholy long past its expiration date coats the gloves the conductor uses to hole punch your ticket' how do you do this omg

hey im a singer too owo i actually perform in a gg go stream my fancam and stan sunny <3

• naomi ling

yes yes yes!! everything abt this. "echoing tonic triad, static filtering through robotic mandarin, the / stale reverb stings through the nape of your neck" how???? when i die i would like ur poetry printed on my grave...
    i'm an alto too!!! *happy dances* all regions is a thing? i've only heard of all shore and all state. sounds like a blast thoo

• bellairet

The cigarettes, the noise, the paint, everything is described perfectly! love your "chinese nostalgia "pieces.

• Eblinn

Once again, I am completely amazed by your vivid descriptions. You can describe the filthiest things in the world and yet make it into a beautiful piece of poetry?? That's what we call talent <3
    "echoing tonic triad, static filtering through robotic mandarin, the
    stale reverb stings through the nape of your neck /"
    "sweet hand sanitizer compels tears rubbed roughly into metallic paper cuts / "
    Just so goooddd wow

• Anlee

I understood the chinese footnotes?! O.o
    (i quit chinese school ages ago)

• elliemccul

Chrys it is totally unfair that you are this talented and I think I should start a petition for you to tell us your secrets. You make this piece seem gritty yet absolutely??? stunning??? all at the same time and I don't really understand. What sort of talent juice are you drinking, because I (along with many other WtW users) would like to know.

"...melancholy long past its expiration date coats the gloves the conductor uses to
    hole punch your ticket / pursed lips /
    tainted sorrow soluble in the shrieking voice of a mother in your aisle..."

^^ like this is just so breathtaking, even though it may not be talking about the most beautiful things. I don't know how to describe it, but you have a way of making anything you want seem gorgeous. I'm going to stop fangirling now but I love this piece so much. :)

• Flowing Ink

this reminds me of the grungiest subways on the Queens/Brooklyn lines (I live in nyc, btw) and this feels like a piece of home that somehow traveled across the world and came back with different hair and a couple inches taller- loved this piece so much.

mROW this is *good* grungy. the nostalgia...*chef’s kiss* a china train station sounds like such a niche vibe! u write it out so vividly, like: “ sweet hand sanitizer compels tears rubbed roughly into metallic paper cuts /
    melancholy long past its expiration date coats the gloves the conductor uses to / hole punch your ticket” WHEW. it’s so ~specific~ and lovely? i’ve never had such an experience so it’s like NYOOOOM. also “your train is here” wow wow wow. i love endings like that. also i already stuck ur footnotes into the translator but before I did that I was like what if I go to translate this and it’s something like “hey you idiot why’re you using google translate it’s outdated” and I went hm whatever worth the rISK LOL lovely piece! <3 <3