mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

a piece inspired by my endless block! enjoy! *me proud of myself for writing something, even if it's about not being able to write something*

note: this isn't really true; i haven't lost sight of my dreams or the passion, i'm just low on ideas :)

WORD VOMIT SQUADDDD

portraits of creative block

11
i craft effigies of myself so i can remember my passion should i forget it along with my keys on the kitchen counter.
/ dig through your purse in search for a purpose / consult your statues and come up blank / sit down on oaken stools and let the plaster coat your fingers / maybe the answers hide within the next project / so you chip at jade blocks until your knuckles cramp / throw yourself into thing after thing / and don't forget to breathe/ you remind yourself, or it might actually slip your mind / what does it say about your work ethic?

i sculpt the fire in my eyes with utmost precision, chiseling away at hard irises until they give way to vulnerability.
/ try as you might, you can't capture the ambitious glint in your eye / the one that used to greet you whenever you put on mascara / now it only comes out to play on occasion / you blame your problems on the tools, buying different things until your bank account is drained / still, you are nowhere, no one, aimless / you have no desire and the fight in your eyes has diminished / you are futile and you fear you will remain that way forever / is there even a chance that you won't?

my models litter my bedroom floor, always underfoot, and yet something is missing.
/ and you carry them down to the basement for storage / you've stubbed your toes on your forgotten dreams for far too long / pick up the mess and wallow in your desultory ways / let the icons watch you while you sleep / sift through restless moments and nightmares / please, give me inspiration, a reason to wake up / your creations are silent, for you had dribbled bits of yourself into their clay / they watch you with insight you wish you had / will you ever be the same?

how can you continue if you don't remember why you started?
/ dip your brushes in lemon juice and drag it along your forearm / let it seep into your pores / let the anguish jolt you back to the creative hurricanes you crave / the effigies stare back at you, unseeing / you beg for the answers, smash them to rubble on the basement floor / cry amongst the shards and lament the wall you have run into / pressure builds in your head until you fear your eardrums might burst / and you're waiting, waiting for inspiration, for a glint, for a token of good things to come / will you be waiting forever?

• July 2, 2020 - 8:51am (Now Viewing)

• EliathRose

Replying: I mean, maybe... DUN DUN DUUUUN!

• efflorescence

replying: hi! of course, you can write something inspired by my hummingbird piece! i'm sure you'll do it justice <3

Girl, you have a gift! I love this! Outstanding work! :)

I... idk what to say. Your writers block is... magnificent. I'm a bit flabbergasted actually. Just wow.

OH MY GOD MIA HOW DO YOU WRITE SUCH INCREDIBLE POETRY ABOUT WRITER'S BLOCK??
    *passes out*

"i sculpt the fire in my eyes with utmost precision, chiseling away at hard irises until they give way to vulnerability." wOT someone can write like that??? that line... wow. love love love it.
    "/ dip your brushes in lemon juice and drag it along your forearm / let it seep into your pores / let the anguish jolt you back to the creative hurricanes you crave" gosh what. this line. i want to hang it on my wall like what. this is so beautiful. this piece was gorgeous and depicted writers' block in such a breathtaking way (which i know you've been struggling recently) and yeah, if i could save all my favorite pieces into playlists or something, i'd definitely save this because wow. i just love this thing to death. like wow. never though someone could create this out of writers' block out of all things, and this really just stunningly relatable yet something only you could write. i can't rave enough about this, will reread (especially if writers' block hits me) like wow. this is brilliant.