rainandsonder

"the audience is only safe when the story isn't about them."

they/them - probably listening to sufjan stevens

an important piece by outoftheblue- https://bit.ly/3dBxv5r

black lives matter & pride is over but the fight for lgbt+ rights is year round.

bio quote is from the magnus archives

roadrunner/coyotes/god/you

18

woke up with the coyotes screaming this morning like
        the world was burning, like they found it
    hysterical, the way there's something
        just a little hysterical about watching a 
car go up in flames:

you know what i mean, l'appel du vide, take
        the rattling parts of your lungs and hearts and
    roll them like dice; take the leather steering
        wheel sticky with summer and drive til
you think your flesh is on fire,

til you find the sun in your eyes, tasting like cherry
        lollipops; and you're standing outside a
    sweaty gas station, wondering if a god lives out
        here, and there's a roadrunner made her 
nest by your parking spot:

she hears coyotes in the morning and thinks
        the same thing as you. yes, she hears the
    burning, but when you're born into a fire, you
don't know any different life.

well then- what's your excuse?
really hoping that the formatting isn't messed up on this one. if you enjoyed, please consider commenting/reviewing with your thoughts or feedback, it's always appreciated! but not required, of course. 
partly inspired by real experiences. l'appel du vide is a french term for the "call of the void", the urge you may get when standing on a high ledge to jump off, or to drive into oncoming traffic, despite not actually wanting to do those things. 

• asta

(came back to re read this stunning piece, and your pfp is! the! cutest! the talent!)

• asta

"yes, she hears the
    burning, but when you're born into a fire, you
    don't know any different life. "

i like to think i usually leave better comments than this, but believe me when i say i have no words, and if i did, they would probably diminish how much i adore this piece. beautiful and gritty and perfect, all in one.

• fatpanda

i came back to read this and somehow it was better than it was the first time?? wow wow wow thank you for this beauty <3

• naomi ling

i love love this piece, so nostalgic and aesthetic and.. everything a poem can be. thank you for your kind words; they mean the world to me <333

• EdilMayHampsen

The feeling this poem give is visceral. I love it so much!

• Eblinn

"take the leather steering/wheel sticky with summer and drive til/
    you think your flesh is on fire,/ til you find the sun in your eyes, tasting like cherry/ lollipop"
    This piece is mesmerizingly beautiful! I had never heard of l'appel du vide but kind of felt it a couple of times.

• avoiding the big bang

-i read this poem and was beautifully confused, looked at the footnotes, read it again, read it one more time.
    -i never have any idea how to end a poem. how did you do that.

• BurningMidnightOil

like a said the other day, your writing is unbelievable. i can’t help but return to your writing time and time again. “ til you find the sun in your eyes, tasting like cherry / lollipops; and you're standing outside a /sweaty gas station, wondering if a god lives out / here...” is simply brilliant—there are no other words that would suffice. the way you string these words together seems so effortless, and each stanza has it’s own unique flavour that ties in with the others. marvellous work as always:)

• babybluelamentations

this is the only aesthetic as far as i’m concerned. i’m a bit afraid of how beautiful your writing is. it’s so divine and doesn’t just take my breath away, but rather vacuums the air out of my literal lungs.
    the line, “you know what i mean, l'appel du vide, take/the rattling parts of your lungs and hearts and/roll them like dice” is a gorgeous call to the spirit of living life in the moment. i’m in love with this piece. simply stunning <3

“ she hears the / burning, but when you're born into a fire, you / don't know any different life.” hands down the most intense and beautiful line i’ve ever read. every stanza is simply masterful, and you embody this giddy dangerous hysterical feeling so well? i’m in shock at how blood pumping and nitty-gritty-pretty this is. wow. lovely.