happy butterfly

South Africa

14
poet
swimmer
reader
people's person
wtw's official little sister:)
special wtw sister to anne blackwood<3

"it's time to sing something for no other reason than to feel my voice"~Anne Blackwood

"so rearrange the world and perhaps you'll find your celebration of humanity" ~Dmoral
if you're a newbie or haven't gotton to know me yet,come say hello please! :) don't be shy:)

Feed the flames of your burning beauty

14
i'll glue your fragrance on my wrists/to make myself believe you're here/record your voice one last time/before you go/before you leave me/play it on repeat/force my eardrums to memorise your sound/sticks beating to the notes of your voice on wood/the one sound i don't get tired of.

i tried to forget you/to make it easier/erased you from my canvas/the landscape of my life was empty/ dull without your energy/the feeling you radiated/i can still feel it/the hairs on my arms prickle/your burning beauty lit the shadows/your burning beauty set aflame my heart.

i can still feel your laugh/the soundwaves still tap on my chest/let birds swim out from my lungs/my smile your creation/you reflected rainbows into my eyes/your sweet words i will embroid onto blankets to keep me warm.

and i will sew your love onto my dress/i do not like sewing/in fact i hate it/mom forces me to learn/for my own good/pick up thread and needles with heavy groans/but i will sew to keep you alive dear/i will sew to keep you with me dear/i will sew for you dear

Improvement journey:take 1
Comments are appreciated!
i tried out writing with "/ " instead of starting on a new line.i don't even know if I did it right?! But ya
also am wondering could you tell that it's about someone you loved  who passed away? 

• ineffable

Wow you're really talented! I like "but i will sew to keep you alive dear"

• A Rose

Replying: oh thank you! And yes you're right, it is just so overwhelming much of the time!

replying: noooo definitely not leaving you!! <3 <3 the only time i’ll ever leave is if it’s for vacation, i’m getting kidnapped, or i turn 19.5. i don’t know if i’ll be publishing still, so i guess we’ll see! thanks for your support and love~ <3

• naomi ling

replying: you are too sweet!! i totally get the feeling of being overwhelming but you aren't at all <33 yess we should interact more often :")

replying: hello dear! i’ll get to the review on this as soon as possible <3

Replying: Omigosh thank you!! ^u^

Replying: No problem! I just have a basic Californian accent like you'll hear in lots of movies. Aw shucks thanks.

Replying: Idk I just read it in a generic South African accent?

Replying: Except I am relating to you I get confused sometimes too. Oh and at first when I read the shame thing I was so confused but then I reread it with the accent and it made perfect sense.

Replying: Oh no I was joking lol. The Smoky Mountains are in Tennessee. And I guess we both didn't sleep well bc I didn't get to sleep the second time until like after 11:30.

Replying: Thanks for the support. I was just exhausted and crashed with my light on and everything after posting that.

Replying: Ooh, I wondered if someone would call me out on that! I even did my research to make sure there were ravens in the Smoky Moun-- I mean, mountains. In the whole world. Somewhere. Not in Tennessee. ;P

You’re getting really really good! I remember when i first saw you here, and thinking that someday you’ll be amazing. This just proves it.
    ‘ and i will sew your love onto my dress ‘ this is real gorgeous!

Replying: K first of all that's not weird lol. Well if it is then we're weird together because I've done the same thing with something A Certain Type of Decisive said. That's so sweet! ^u^

Omigosh I love this! "sticks beating to the notes of your voice on wood/the one sound i don't get tired of" YES. I didn't necessarily know it was about grief, but I think it can be open to interpretation which is cool.