birthdaycandles

Ireland

birthdaybaubles #holidayvibes

Just an 18 yr old aspiring to be something like a living, walking (and writing) hug

Things close to my heart:
God, my family + climate change

-Joined Sept 2019, active since March 2020-
prev. AutumnRain

"In the end I think you're gonna wish you loved yourself a lot more, and craved love from everybody else a lot less."
- a song I can't remember the name of

Current reads...
- This lie will kill you

A friendly reminder that your number of published pieces doesn’t define you as a writer. Some people work more quickly than others, and for some it takes time. Work at your own pace, you’re doing great.

Unpainted Peace #varmebolger

9
Palette in his hand, a ring on his finger and a partner by his side. This is art. The lighter oil colour glides along the bridge of their noses to the tip, indicating that light is shining on their faces. I think the light source may be a window looking out to a garden or meadow. Peace from outside has been invited into their eyes. The man and his wife are not alarmed and they are not afraid of the light. Taking a closer look, I don't think that they are looking at the same thing. Martha has her face angled at a perfect right angle whilst Viggo's is tilted, as if questioning or surprised. Yet again, he is not alarmed, nor is she. He holds a paintbrush as it were a pen, as though it could speak. There is a certain sparkle in his eye that is alive with a story unwritten, or unpainted. I wonder how long it took for that plant to grow in the background. They didn't have plastic plants back then. Look at it leaning towards the light, with streaks of white that at first glance look careless and rushed, but were measured, calculated strokes.
This is for Prompt 1 of Vinter Vejen's contest.
200 words.
I looked at other paintings from the artist and they're all quite beautiful. What shocked me was how much younger his wife was than him, but I suppose things were different back in the late 19th/early 20th century to how they are now. It's strange how quickly things change. I'm happy I gave this a go. Hope you enjoy and have a great day/night!

A link to the painting from Prompt 1 I'll add here, but it's also found on the contest piece from Vinter Vejen :)

• June 26, 2020 - 10:56am (Now Viewing)

I love how you bring a painting alive here and really show the symbolism and beauty inside of it!

• EetIshMeh

replying:
    Thank you! I've yet to read the last book in the School for Good and Evil, but I hope I'll be able to soon. I think the book I dragged through the most would have to be QFG, so you aren't alone XD

• Eblinn

Such a lovely piece! It suits the painting so well.
    (reply) I'm glad you like the song :) What do you think about The Catcher in the Rye so far? I loved Holden's typical phrases and his relatable personality. Also, that's such a fun coincidence! I had always wondered whether trees (and plants general) communicated witch each other. Does that book give an answer to that?

Replying: aw, thank you, that's kind of you to say Autumn

• ~wildflower~

Replying: Awww!! Your comment just made my day! Hehe nice to know that I’m not alone in my strange bookshop habits. And how funny that we have so much in common - I’m super passionate/worried about climate change too! You sound like my sort of person :) Wow, you’ve “dabbled in a few irish trad instruments”? That sounds so interesting - I don’t even know what they are! I’m definitely doing to look that up... Also, it’s so cool that you chose your username from a poem - what a fantastic idea! I just read “Do Not Stand By My Grave And Weep” and... oh my, it’s truely my beautiful. Wow; I’m going to write that down in my list of favourite poems! I’m also super surprised that I didn’t discover you earlier, but I can’t wait to read more of your work!! <33 (lol sorry I sometimes go a bit overboard on the exclamation marks (!))

This is utterly lovely, exactly what i’m looking for :) His paintings are really pretty, yes, and yeah i suppose things were different that long ago ; )
    Wish you the best in the contest!

• books4life

This is really good! :)