HelpMe512

Aro(?)/Ace
He/Him
Transphobes stay out
Joined September 2019

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes, is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"One page of the bible isn't worth a life,"
-The Village by Wrabel

"A hundred bad days makes a hundred good stories and a hundred good stories makes me interesting at parties,"
-100 Bad Days by AJR

"With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite
How rare and beautiful it is to even exist"
-Saturn by Sleeping At Last.

"But there's a moment when you realize they're not superheroes or villains. They're painfully, unforgivably human. The question is can you forgive them for being human anyway?"
-Dry by Neal Shusterman

Sometimes love will splinter into sharp pieces that can make you bleed

11

"Hello?"
    "Is this Mister Patrick Nelson?"
    "Uh, yeah. May I ask who-"
    "Mister Nelson, this is the Los Angeles police department."
    "Oh, god. Did something happen? Is everything alright?"
    "You might want to take a seat, Mister Nelson."

When Pat stared into her eyes, he knew he would never be able to love anyone else. Mia had the prettiest eyes, like amber melted down and mixed with honey. She had the prettiest smile, and Pat felt like the luckiest guy in the world when she smiled. He was entranced, ensnared, and completely and totally in love.
    "I love you," he said, gripping Mia's unblemished hands in his own rough ones.
    Mia gave him a warm smile that melted his heart all over again. "I love you, too," she replied, giving his hand a squeeze. Her voice was so soft and caring.
    Pat took a deep breath and tried to remember the big speech he had planned. But Mia's smile made it hard to think about what he was going to say, so he simply said, "Mia, I love you, and I will never stop loving you. Ever," Slowly, he sank to one knee. "I don't ever want to leave you. Would you marry me?"
    Mia dropped his hands and covered her mouth, though Pat noticed it was quirked in a smile. Her eyes filled with tears as she processed the moment. Finally, she threw her arms around Pat, almost knocking him to the ground. "Yes! A million times yes!"

"Did something happen? Did she get arrested?"
    "No. Missus Mia Nelson was caught in a car accident this evening on the highway."
    "Oh my god. Please tell me she's okay."
    "I regret to inform you-"
    "No. This can't be happening."
    "-that Missus Nelson passed away before she arrived at the hospital. They did everything they could."
    "..."
    "Mister Nelson? Are you there?"
    "I- I am..."

Months later, they bought their own little apartment in the city of Los Angeles. It had always been Mia's dream to see the city, and Pat was more than happy to provide her with whatever she desired. It was his goal to make her as happy as could be, because that smile of hers was just so addicting.
    Mia got a job as an artist in a small shop across the street from their apartment. Pat worked for a big company as their IT guy. They didn't make a fortune, but it was enough to keep them happy. Pat could have been content with just being with Mia, even if they had no money. And Mia loved what she did, so the couple needed nothing more.
    One night, when Pat arrived home from work, his eyes drooping from tiredness, Mia ran up to greet him at the door. Though he was about to fall asleep, he embraced her in the tightest hug he could manage. They collapsed onto the couch, where they watched a movie, curled up in each other's arms. One thought raced through Pat's mind: I love you, and I will love you forever. With Mia close to him, he was safe. He was beyond happy. This life would be perfect because of her.

"...semi-truck in the wrong lane..."
    Mia. Dead.
    "...struck three other cars..."
    Mia. Gone.
    "...state is pressing charges..."
    The love of his life. His wife.
    "...only one made it..."
    He couldn't think. Couldn't breathe.
    "...the driver will pay all expenses..."
    This isn't happening.
    "...very sorry for your loss..."
    His loss. Mia. Not his love, his loss.

Three years after they got married, Pat still woke up every day and felt like the luckiest man alive when he saw Mia next to him. He felt like nothing else in that moment mattered, except her. Seeing her never became boring. He never wished for more, because she was enough, even if she didn't see it. And Pat made sure she knew that she was enough.
    Every morning was the same. "Good morning, my beautiful girl," Pat said.
    Mia smiled. God, Pat would do anything for that smile. "Morning," she would respond, pulling him into a kiss.
    And at night, when they both got home from work, they would stay with each other, sometimes with a movie or show playing, and simply be together. No words needed. No actions or complicated signals. Just holding one another, and feeling how lucky they both were to be together.
    Pat knew it would always be like this, until they were old and gray. Maybe one day they would have a child to hold too. Pat hoped so, and so did Mia.

Pat thought of all their plans together. A baby. Mia was pregnant. But Pat would never see his child now. With that, he started to cry bitter tears that tasted of everything lost. He cursed at the driver that drove the semi-truck into Mia that night. He pounded his fist into the walls, hoping to drown out everything else. Tear streaking his face, he fell to his knees by one of Mia's paintings: a solemn lake. He traced the lines with his fingertip because that was all he had left of her.
    He knew what Mia would say. 
All good things must come to an end, she would say. He could almost feel her, taking his hands and giving him a final kiss goodbye. She wouldn't be angry, or desperate. She would smile sadly at him with her enchanting smile. I'll see you again, she would promise. I'm gone for now, but I'll still be with you. She would expect Pat to not be angry either. She would want him to live his life to the fullest, for her.
Why are all my stories sad, you ask? Well, I dunno ;-; but I find that these types of emotional pieces always help me sort out my own emotions.

2

• rainydayz

Your review is done! If it goes at the same rate as the ones I did last night you should probably get it tomorrow. I loved this piece so much.

• pineapples

omg, the emotions were... ~very much there~
    i think the alternating backstory and present made this story really powerful

• Karma's_Coming

Wow this was. Ouch. That line “Not his love, his loss” was. O U C H.

oh man...this is sad. this is so so sad. it takes talent to jerk someone's heart out of their body (figuratively please) but you def pulled at my emotions here

• løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

I-I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry. *wails* wAAAAAaAAAA IM CRYING But this is so beautiful! I love this piece so much <3

• books4life

Whoa....amazingly powerful and sad.

• Charisse Marison

This made me ugly cry. And the fact that Mia was pregnant when she died...I can't even imagine. Absolutely stunning. I-I don't really know what else to say, I'm speechless.

• kealoha

Wooow, this is so raw and emotional. Beautiful piece :)