fatpanda

a memory: pangong lake, summer 2018

14
where sunlight lilts / and dust ladders on itself / the water tank shrivels, bursts pipes / we meet at the turn of an elbow / as the furors lake into display / as auroras smile into the water / as the scootering songbirds sip chai / the afternoon unfolds, colds itself where our cities clasp hands / we reveal ourselves to the fatal truth: glory / is laundered / it singsongs where corals break their grief / where the windchimes sway their regrets / where the fabric is matted / our throats throne occurrence / redden / at its frothed edges / as our eyes wood a remaking / pencilled light drowns itself into gravel / 

; we are undone
if the wording seems a bit off-- it's intentional, but please say if it's too out-of-place!
pangong lake in ladakh is hands-down the most beautiful place i've ever been to. the water changed colours, and my father and i spent an entire evening skipping stones on its surface. i want to go there again.

• June 26, 2020 - 11:52am (Now Viewing)

“ it singsongs where corals break their grief / where the windchimes sway their regrets /” lovely. just lovely. pangong lake sounds beautiful, and you describe it so vividly!!