pineapples

Pineapples
I love reading and writing (obviously)
he/they, they/them preferred

"have I killed my thoughts right before their prime?
have I bit my tongue one too many times?
have I said it all the way I really meant to?"
~ben platt

Refer to these pieces when you need more info on the LGBTQIAP+ community:
ON A-SPEC ERASURE:
https://bit.ly/2ZZ3wzD

On genders out of the binary of male and female:
https://bit.ly/3gMkJDl

Basic definitions of sexual orientations:
https://bit.ly/38Nn91w

On the difference between romantic and sexual attraction:
https://bit.ly/2DsW2xb

giving back :)

10
when i first joined this site in august, i joined to write. i joined to read. and that was mostly it.
now i realize that there is a rich, diverse community of writers here, and i was a bit detached from that. 
i am now realizing that the numbers of people i follow and people that follow me are very lopsided, and i wish to change that. 
from now on, i am going to try to be more present in the community and comment more rather than just like pieces, and show more support. 

when i came back to this site this june, i came back with more motivation to find fellow writers and appreciate more work, and i started posting things that were closer to my heart than before. (idk if this makes sense...)
i guess with the pieces that were more personal, i was kind of (this definitely doesn't make sense, but whatever lol) opening myself up to the community a bit more.

basically, i think i'm going to try to be more open with reading new pieces (sometimes, i skip pieces just because the part that i can see on the dashboard doesn't really appeal to me (especially poetry, i thought i "wasn't a poetry person," but you know what, now i'm willing to give all writers the same chance, regardless of what kinds of things they write))

i am definitely going to try to be more loose with the follow button, because i realize that i'm not following a lot of beautiful writers that deserve appreciation and recognition.

so. feel free to leave pieces that you are proud of, or pieces that you think deserve more recognition (yours or other peoples) in the comments, i will check them out, i promise. :)

thank you to those of you who have been supportive of my writing :) i'm now going to try to give more effort to give back to the community. 
you know, this was all over the place, but i think the overall message is pretty clear... 

this is so sweet. just LOVE the wave of love in the community since all the appreciation posts. <3
    for recommendations- elliemccul, Naomi Ling, Ibex is pretty underrated.

• pineapples

oh thanks for the suggestions, for sure will check them out!

i would recommend some newbies amaryllis and Naomi Ling’s pieces! they’re new, but they’re so lovely!

This definitely does make sense lol and is very kind of you.

Replying: thank you! (Don't worry, I understood what you were saying)

• pineapples

yeah, i actually entered the contest and was thinking of just going and like,,, reading all of them, because the prompt is so great :)

• HelpMe512

Oh my god I'm so incredibly flattered that someone recommended me. <3 I would recommend all the submissions from batman_is_a_cracker's contest bc theyre all really interesting

• pineapples

yup, i lOve HelpMe512's work! (especially the pride pieces)

• Karma's_Coming

Heyo. I would highly recommend HelpMe512’s work. Their writing is absolutely beautiful and I just don’t think they’re getting the recognition they deserve. Amazing concept by the way.

• mia_:)

So inspiring! I love how kind and supportive our community is! <3 :)

aww there’s been a wave of appreciation posts and review/comment offers lately and it warms my heart. good on you! <3

• naomi ling

what an inspiring message! i certainly need to read more of your work in the future as well. if it's not too much trouble, i'd be honored to have a review from you :")