Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
A bit empathic
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

HEADS UP! I am not posting this to attack or call out or demean anybody!!!

I am fully aware that I could lose followers, friends, and respect because of this, but I can't continue to watch everything I believe in be twisted into hate I am told I have.

Writing Streak Week 13 Day 3 - paint over my love with accusations until i scream

9

i know this will not be p o p u l a r
i will be accused of things that make my eyes sting
but not with h a t e
    rather d e s p a i r , look, mom, i am afraid to speak my mind
there is no red hat in my home
sometimes i feel ashamed
    but i can't decide what it is i am hiding
he is imperfect, but he has helped
lowest black unemployment but he is    r a c i s t    i am    r a c i s t
this piece won't make it into wednesday words    or     must reads
    because conservatives are bigots
to be s i l e n c e d and f e a r e d

• jun lei

replying: this isn't much of a reply, because you deleted yours! so sorry i couldn't respond in time. i saw it, but didn't have the time :/ things have been hectic on my end. ultimately, i don't think i have the time or energy to continue debating with you (especially with schools and sports reopening and alsjdk soccer tryouts ;_;), but thank you for talking with me! i hope you'll keep an open mind, and think more of right or wrong rather than democrat or republican, conservative or liberal.
    wishing you all the best!

• jun lei

replying: oh! that makes sense! you always seemed to be such a kind and supportive person, so i found it hard to believe that you would support someone so openly toxic. no, i don't think you ever told me that? mostly because we rarely interact, i think.
    personally, i do not support him because of multiple sexual assault allegations, his history of racism, and the things he says and believes are okay. (he's even said, of women, "grab them by the [vagina, cos the other word was v crude]." and i'm sorry, but i don't support that. i don't support men treating women like shit, and i don't support racism or beliefs that are harmful to people. 
    and while i'm largely liberal--supporting the green new deal, etc--i think that when voting, it's become more about party than person? and i think, personally, that's the wrong viewpoint, because it's about who's more fit for office, not which party they are. and i know, 100%, that if trump were a democrat, and i could vote, i would not vote for him because i don't believe that he's the best candidate. and as a minority, a queer asian girl, it hurts to see someone so--so--i don't know what to say. someone so harmful in their views, elected president of our country. as you put it, the only thing i'm against is hate, and he seems to have so much of it. 
    personally, i think that it's our duty as american citizens to educate ourselves on the issues we have as a nation so we can make educated decisions when voting? so about the immigration detention camps, i believe here would be a good place to start!
    time.com/5623148/migrant-detention-centers-conditions/ 
    also, make sure to read from a reliable source! i read on social media that officers were legally allowed to rape women in their custody, and was upset and outraged. however, it turned out to be incorrect. so just remember to fact-check things such as social media posts! or check sources, if any are listed. that said, would you be able to provide me with a link to where you heard about this? because that's really shocking, and i'd like to research it more. assuming it's true, however, i believe that we could use the "two wrongs don't make a right" saying here. while some immigrants may be doing something wrong, the way we treat innocent children is also wrong, if you know what i mean? in addition, the children aren't to blame for their parents' crimes!i think that it also circles back to what we were saying about "we aren't all like that," and i'd like to believe that immigrants crossing the mexican border "aren't all like that."
    augh i just read an article about immigration detention camps and this is off-topic but it really hurts how illegal immigrants are called aliens, as if they're no longer human :/ 

• jun lei

hello! coming back to this, i decided to fact-check whether or not president trump has actually helped "the lowest black unemployment," given that so many seem to believe it! and according to the washington post, while he takes credit for this (as he takes credit for many things), the post (a reliable source! i will link below) says: “Presidents have only so much control over the economy, but how voters perceive economic conditions and their personal finances can play a key role in how they vote.”  The unemployment rate — including for black Americans — has been steadily decreasing since 2011. This continued after Trump took office, suggesting there isn’t much evidence he is single-handedly responsible for the decline. One might argue Trump deserves praise for overseeing the continued drop in unemployment, as he could have made harmful decisions that reversed the direction of the economy. But again, factors beyond the president’s actions also helped keep the economy moving in the right direction." in addition, he has a history of racism that goes back to even 1973, when the nixon administration sued him for refusing to rent to black people. 

please know that i am not attacking you. i've stated a response to the poem itself below, but i believe that we shouldn't simply contradict--we should educate. i'm sorry if you perceive this to be offensive, and i assure you, i do not intend to be so. however, i think you are coming at this from the wrong angle. i know you've commented on a piece i wrote about christianity and homophobia something similar--that you aren't all like that.
    and i know that, anne. i know that not all christians are homophobic and not all conservatives are bigots and not all white people are racist. and if someone believes that, i don't think that they're any better than those who believe in racist stereotypes. but back to your comments, i think that you perceive people to be blaming you, personally. and i want you to know that we aren't. as i said, no one has called you racist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc. and no one will unless you express those views through words or actions. and instead of listening to what we have to say, you think that we are assigning blame to you when we are not. there are children in prisons because they came to this country looking for a better life. there are people murdered in the streets for no other reason but the color of their skin. there are people called disgusting, slurs, anything, and everything, simply because of who they are. we are drawing attention to the people who believe this, support this, and let it happen. if you do neither of those things, then we have no grudge against you. and when you make yourself the victim, you take away from the people who are actually silenced and feared. 
    thank you for taking the time to read this.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/01/17/trump-takes-credit-low-black-unemployment-rates-most-black-voters-largely-disagree/  

Too* :’)

Replying: oh, you’re to Sweet <3. Of course you can call me Vin :) And yes thesauruses = lifesavers, no ;)

Replying: <3 !

• A Rose

replying: I am listening. But since you won't tell me what those special little beliefs are, I can't really give you gold stars for that. And I'm not

• A Rose

Replying: So you want people to blindly respect you but you won't go into detail onto the facts that back up your whole "moral' system? Here's the thing, telling people they're being disrespectful is much more food for a fight then carefully discussing the facts of the situation (and no, I don't believe in alternative facts). My extended family are conservatives, my childhood friends were conservatives, my town is conservative; I'm not blind, I see them being kind and good. But will I ever truly accept their beliefs? Will I ever stop trying to convince them a lot of the things they believe aren't going to have them on the good side of history? No, I will not. I think most Zoomers are about ready to say bye-bye to the belief that we have to consider politics as seperate from the person. Politics are inherant, I don't know how to explain that. I will say this again and again: I do not respect people's beliefs if they're different from mine on such a leve I find it gross. I promise you, there are many subjects I see both sides on. There are some that I don't.

Replying: Okay! so glad you're happy!

replying: no no, i totally understand! hehe, my writing took a weird turn didn't it *scratches head* thank you for your support and know that you've got mine too! <3

• bellairet

People are people, regardless of political beliefs. Thank you for sharing your opinion- no one is completely right/completely wrong, and even though most people understand this it's easy to forget.

i'm not going to state my opinion or try to refute you or anything because you're entitled to your opinion. however, i will say that since i joined this site, one of the first people that really read my writing was you, and i owe so much to you. you're so kind and show so much support for the writers in this community, and while i don't see you so often these days, i can firmly attest to the fact that you are not a bad person. to add to that, it is hard to see from the perspective of someone on the other side of the political spectrum, but the very fact that conservatives 'still exist' proves that the US simply cannot function with just one dominant party or perspective. your point of view and beliefs are important and are a vital part of this country. you are very kind, and i adore your writing.
    all the best <3

• naomi ling

lots of viewpoints in this piece here. i just wanted to say that with conservative parents, i am able to respect a person even with their beliefs or political stances. there are many nuances to each party, and just because someone supports one over another does not mean they embody each decision it makes. with that being said, have a good day everyone!

umm... I don't really get this piece?

Replying: Oh! You got grand prize and a Honorable mention. Great job!

• A Rose

What you wrote doesn't make me feel respectful. All it says is that you want me to blindly respect your beliefs without you backing up any of those. I have enjoyed your support and you're one of my favorite followers, but no, if all you can do is fuss at me for not being respectable when I call you put for supporting a monster (because that's what he is), then no, I don't respect your ability to make your own decisions. Politics are morals and they are life. They are inseperable from reality, so I will not be adding "but I still love you writing!". To this comment. I will respect anyone's opinion as long as it respects other people's existence and I really don't think yours does, you certainly haven't tried to prove it.

• poetri

I may be wrong in saying this, but given the timing and our conversation yesterday after my very liberal piece went live, I feel like this is a retaliation. I told you before and I'll tell you again: I do not hate people. Especially not based off of their political views. Wtw is a pretty chill place, Anne, and unless you act racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc, nobody is going to come at you. And from what I've seen in your writing, you do not show signs of being any of those traits. Plus, friendship is built on much more than political views and you're considered one of my online friends because of your kindness and good personality.
    That said, I do want to point out that the low levels of black unemployment don't have much to do with Trump, just as if everyone in the US quit their jobs tomorrow and we became the lowest employed nation.
    Trump is definitely imperfect, but he doesn't work to change that. The United States was built on the idea of freedom and justice for all (ALL.) Every person, no matter race, gender, sexuality, physical ability, whatever, deserves freedom. And I can't get behind a president who is slowly taking that away from so many minorities that I've seen be treated poorly. His ideals are corrupt and in short, aren't what our founding fathers worked so hard to make a country where all men are created equal for. He and his followers can blame it on religion all they want, but as someone who is christian and has read the bible, I know what my God stands for. And it is love for ALL.
    I do not hate you. I am not trying to silence you. I'm just saying my piece. Thank you for saying your opinion, and like A Rose said, not name-calling. It is much appreciated.
    All the best for you.

• A Rose

Presidents aren't responsible for everything. The lowest level of Black employment doesn't really say anything about Trump, just like how the depression were in doesn't really say anything about Trump. Listen to the rhetoric of actual minority groups. There's a reason most of them hate Trump. Please just believe them. If I had to name every racist thing Trump has done, every sextist thing Trump had done, every ablelist thing Trump has done, every xenephobic thing Trump has done, every dangerous, imperfect, scary, and stupid thing Trump has done, I'd be here all day. Luckily, more than half our country have already been doing their research since the beginning. Nobody's going to pity you for supporting a bigot, Anne. Nobody's going to pity you for saying everything that's already been said by every Republican (though thanks for not name-calling Liberals. I'm a Christian Democrat and I've heard a lot.)

All I can say is that you are so brave, Anne! Nobody should be judging you for which political candidate you support, because in reality, every politician I've heard of in this current era is either corrupt or rude or immoral. Nobody's perfect, and nobody should be slamming you for anything until they can prove they're perfect. Stay strong!

Im not american, so i cannot really respond to this, but i’ll have you know you’re a lovely person in yourself. I don’t hate you, Anne :)!

And more so you have been so kind to me.when I felt like an outsider you made me feel welcomed.i am probably the closest to you than I am with anyone else on this site.and I thank you for that.you are a wonderful person that I wish one day there was wtw summit so I could meet you.

God has given us voices to be heard.EVERYONES opinions and views should be voiced.You do not lose respect because you respectfully wrote down your thoughts and opinions that you have kept inside of you.
    I know what it's like to have opinions and beliefs that you are scared to voices because you are afraid.you are afraid that people will find you offensive.
    I usually try not to say anything political online because my views constantly change because each day I am educated more and informed with new information ,and I don't want to write anything that I will regret later.So I will not say too much because of that.
    I know you are not racist etc .And I am proud that you voiced your opinions.i do not fear you.we are all human and God's children.never let anyone silence you.you have value.
    There is much more I want to say but I will not.
    Much love,butterfly<3

replying: no problem! <3

• V-Rose

I have made a Character Q/A for Death's Tales and Never Really Real so please come take a look!?

nobody hates or wants to silent you, anne. i don’t think you’re racist or homophobic or any nasty thing. you’ve been lovely to me and i have no reason to think so. i enjoy talking to you, in fact! trump, however, is objectively racist. he’s said racist things about my people and i’ve quite literally been harassed in his name, so you’ll have to forgive me for not supporting him. i have a whole list of extremely racist and shifty things he’s said or done to POC, so i don’t believe lowest african american UE is a proper justification for all of it. i respect you, though, anne, so i trust that you’ve made your mind and i won’t slam you with the whole list of everything he’s done. you are free to have your opinion, and thank you for sharing it. it’d be immature of me to not be friends with someone just because they hold political views that oppose my own (i do in fact have conservative friends) so i’ll just tell you: have a good night, dear. don’t sweat stuff too much.

• jun lei

no one is calling you racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc. and no one shall unless you express those views through words or actions, as trump has done. "imperfect" is one way to describe him, but i much prefer "immoral."
    why shouldn't a minority fear someone with harmful views?
    and no one is silencing you. if we were, i wouldn't be reading this, and i wouldn't be responding.

anne, i am ashamed. i am ashamed of a racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic president and what he has done to this country, our country, my country.
    and i should be.

• mia_:)

<3 thank you for being brave and speaking up! i know you and you would never do anything hateful, so you definitely have the right to your political opinions and more! <3<3

• The Campbell's Kid

I'm not really ted to any political party and only have a couple of very strong political beliefs. And even though we may disagree, you deserve to have a voice and an opinion, and I will for sure always love you no matter what <3
    Thank you so much for sharing!

• A Certain Type of Decisive

We might disagree politically, but I still respect you- you'd have to work pretty hard to lose this writing buddy! <3 There's so much of me that wants to argue with you lol, but I won't because I trust you enough to have informed your own opinions. Conservative ideas like low taxes and smaller governments are very important to be heard and understood, so it's horrible that so much of it has been infected with hateful ideas like racism and homophobia. I believe it's always good to say what you believe it, so good for you.

OH, HEADS UP! I am not posting this to attack or call out or demean anybody!!!

• naomi ling

you are perfectly entitled to your opinions/stances. thank you for speaking up for yourself!