A Rose

anti-homophobia, anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-fatphobia, anti-xenophobia, anti-Capitalism, anti-transphobia, anti-gun, anti-trump (but that goes without saying with the above list in mind)
no poet but a songwriter (from my head to my heart)

TW RECENT VIOLENCE/ CURRENT EVENTS
Hi! Just a PSA here: I’m white, so please let me know if I said something out of lines. I am just so ready to burn this crap down and use any space/ followers I have to shout it to the world (though I'd love a way of doing it while sounding less preachy, if anyone has any advice for that).

how many times must we say this? how many sparks til a fire is lit? (sequel to Poetri's "burning things...")

18
i know for a fact/ you want me to detract
    have me add: 
        “but not all cops”
or  “but not all ancestors”
        just like my whole life you’ve been telling me/to stop yelling and add “but not all men”
i see the flags i always see/ and i wanna scream right back
    draw a picture, add a flame
    let go of any tame,
    shout his name 
but add 
an expletive
            (he who should not be named/thank god i never liked harry potter that much anyway
    i know what you wished i’d add here:
    a cherry rosebud honey smile
    and a lavender milk soft, soft voice
    something comfy you can slip into.
                    Do You Think The Sidewalk Was Soft?
                    (the one he asked for his mom from,
                    the one she fell asleep on,
                    the one he walked home on)
But even bed’s aren’t safe, so I guess/ there’s your right to ask me to soften my words, make them less
    (breonna taylor, breonna taylor, breonna taylor, i mourn for you/ 
every single morning i get to wake up safe. 
Arrest them, someone, anyone, please.)
when i go to protests, the things they yell from the street/ a lot of them need to be BEEPED out 
    they say “but he deserved it”, they say “ALL LIVES MATTER”,
    they say “tr*mp, tr*mp, tr*mp.
                    tell me what that could possibly mean
                    other then he exists in direct contradiction
                    to black people. 
actually don’t. I’ll do you a favor and not hide insults as:
 questions
    “morals” 
        friendly debates
                & all those other things i’ve heard.
the night he got elected,
            i cried and cried. 
                    i was a worried young white girl, stupid and afraid
that we’d get bombed or pushed back to the good old days (that i knew in my heart weren’t good)

i made signs for the woman’s march crying because i had just started to realize quite how cruel
    all of this was, why i got strange looks when i drew all sorts of people in my coloring books
    “wow, it’s so creative you draw black people--and look, there’s a chubby character, too!”
i started listening to punk rock that year                         no it’s not a phase Granny. sometimes your ears ache but at least you’re not the only one screaming.
i grew up in a big old Tr*mp Town, there are signs and bumper stickers and flags and flags on trucks
& confederate flags that i wish i could tear down and make illegal in a flash of a match
    & sometimes there are people who have fire in their throats too
            & that’s (one of) the only reasons i still like this town.
good happens so slowly; this guitar solo is too freaking long/ 
please someone let me skip ahead passed this time when every Right is wrong.

here’s my song that’ll leave Bikini Kill blushing:
        ABOLISH THE POLICE
        TEAR DOWN THE RACIST STATUES
        & BAN THE REBEL FLAG
        IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT
        (HE’S A SYMBOL TOO)

and the bridge:
    fund social services/
        care for people who aren’t you/
                        how hard is it to say “Black Lives Matter”

• June 27, 2020 - 8:17am (Now Viewing)

rereading this and all i want to do right now is blast the feminist punk music and run outside to protest police brutality while yelling at the top of my lungs. powerful stuff.

• the_enclave

replying: thanks for adding your voice! I've been revising my thoughts for a while now, but i do have a counter-argument. just because there aren't many rioters doesn't mean it isn't a problem, and the amount of them is a case-by-case subject. there have been tons of riots on my area, and there may have been less elsewhere.
    also, i hope you do realize that raiding a target won't help at all? like there's a difference between targeting the police with protests, and jeopardizing the jobs and safety of random target employees.
    you made some good points, and i hope i will be able to make my opinions on the problems you raised more thought out than the ones i originally posted. I'll do better to pause, listen, and learn from here on out.
    thanks again for responding to that piece!

• Wicked!

Ah this is such a powerful piece. Very well written!

• rainydayz

this is an amazing piece with an important message.

• MuslimQueen06

Replying: I should be thanking you for writing this! So, thank you. :)

• MuslimQueen06

Wow, just wow. I'm in complete awe! Preach! This is fantabulous! I love the part where you wrote,
    "here’s my song that’ll leave Bikini Kill blushing:
    ABOLISH THE POLICE
    TEAR DOWN THE RACIST STATUES
    & BAN THE REBEL FLAG
    IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT
    (HE’S A SYMBOL TOO)

and the bridge:
    fund social services/
    care for people who aren’t you/
    how hard is it to say “Black Lives Matter”"
    Amazing, just absolutely amazing. You have all my support and I stand with you.

• Ollie Octopus

(about your bio) your anti-trump? I didn't know that was a thing. But me too!

• Vinter Vejen

Replying: thanks for the kind comment!!!

Replying: I am not asking you to respect my beliefs, I am asking you to respect me. Since you won't do that (or even listen when I say I disagree with some conservative beliefs), then this conversation is over. I'm sorry.

Replying: Respecting someone and endorsing their beliefs are completely different things. You can acknowledge that someone is a human being with flaws and individuality that is deserving of kindness without agreeing with them. Refusing to do so is exactly the problem that both political parties are trying to fight.

Replying: I didn't back up most of my beliefs because I didn't want to engage in a political debate with tense emotions on both sides. I don't agree with everything conservatives say and tend to be more compassionate than the leading voices, but if you can't believe that any conservative can be a kind and respectful person even after getting to know me, then I don't know what to say.

Replying: I am not asking for pity, I am asking for respect. The others who commented gave me that, but I didn't feel that from you (correct me if I'm wrong). I am not necessarily a Trump supporter, but I am a Republican. If you can't respect my ability to make my own decisions in that regard, then I am very disappointed. I still support you and care about you, and I can only hope that you feel the same.

replying: no problem! hehe looks like a wave has started. anyways vote trump out in 2020. we stay unbothered.

• A Rose

AHHHHHHHH I FORGOT TO PUT A TW WARNING ON THIS

oh, A Rose. i like you, girl. i really do. brilliant piece, and you’re a queen at formatting. there’s some killer lines in here that i love, really.

• poetri

SENA I ADORE THIS SO MUCH.
    The tiny bits of rhyme scheme make it so perfect to be spoken and oh my god "(breonna taylor, breonna taylor, breonna taylor, i mourn for you/ every single morning i get to wake up safe/Arrest them, someone, anyone, please." just lingered with me like lead and can we chant this in the streets? Like it is that good.