HelpMe512

Ace
He/Him
Transphobes stay out
Joined September 2019

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes, is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"One page of the bible isn't worth a life,"
-The Village by Wrabel

"I thought you had me in prison this whole time, but I'm the one holding the key,"
-Intro III by NF

"A hundred bad days makes a hundred good stories and a hundred good stories makes me interesting at parties,"
-100 Bad Days by AJR

If you have any other song lyrics to put on the quote board shoot me a comment and I'll gladly put them on!

four things i realized in therapy about my self worth

18

i.
my self worth is measured in terms of perfection. i expect myself to do everything perfectly. be the perfect friend, say the perfect thing to make someone feel better. i expect to be perfect so i don't let down other people. because maybe if i'm a perfect person, no one will see what's wrong with me.

ii.
when i'm not perfect, it's like disappointing everyone, including myself. i shouldn't have done that. i should have done this differently. the thoughts never leave my mind, and every time i fail, my self worth goes down and down. i get stuck in a loop of failure and imperfection until i've hit rock bottom.

iii.
it will never be enough. i know i can't be perfect, so i try to be better than before, and it will never be enough because i cannot be perfect. so i'll try and try, always falling because whenever i don't go up, i give up trying. it's like running a never-ending treadmill that's just a little too fast for you, and you can't to reach the other side, but you keep expecting to reach it so you jump and end up farther back than before.

iv.
i know some of you will relate to this, and i tell you this: we can work on this together. no, i don't know how to get that voice in my head to stop telling me i'm worthless if i fail. but that's no reason to give up, so keep pushing through with me and maybe someday we look at ourselves and think, hey, i'm doing good today. someday we can learn that we can't get to the other side of that treadmill, and we can enjoy what we have where we're at.
lowercase intentional.
just some things i talked about with my therapist. i decided to share it because i know other people deal with this too, and i want them to know they're not alone. ever.

• June 25, 2020 - 6:03am (Now Viewing)

I really like this piece! Thank you for writing this! I agree that we won't be perfect. Great job:)

• pineapples

i think it's great that you put this out here.
    i think deciding to share these kinds of things can be difficult, so thank you very much.
    i agree: "we can work on this together"

• mia_:)

*exhales* boy do i relate to this! this advice has been really helpful and thank you for putting yourself out there! <3<3

• lindsmariebuck

I hope you know that you are truly an inspiration. This is so honest; Thank you for putting it out here.

"we can work on this together" <3 <3 <3

• Charisse Marison

This is something I really needed. Thank you so much <3

• Busssy.Beee

Love this piece so much! :)