naomi ling

est. 6/14/20

this scene was one of my absolute favorites... the one where they float up to the stars UGH

planetarium

19
slip off my heels and i meet your embrace / toes slip off cold tiles; tonight, we are unborn / among stars and nebulas, you outshine them all / planetarium / your eyes, vast orbs that capture me in, reflect solar systems / and yet you are a chamber of secrets / even harry, with a brazen sword, couldn't pry you open / barefoot, we drift towards the heavens with all the time in this hourglass / darling, i'm not going anywhere, you know / who said the sky was the limit, little boy? / tonight we are the limit, and the peak is our fever dream 

hand on cheek, arm on hip / you carry me like porcelain to the ends of our days / somewhere below, behind secluded streets with rowdy bars, someone plays a lullaby for us / tickling ivory keys on a bench, or perhaps, blowing in a sax made of gold / i know, midas made it himself / babe, we're the suffocating sand trickling out of an hourglass / time is liquid honey in the land of dreams: no place for a small-town girl / do you dream of bigger things? / don't we all? 

your touch is hot wax to my flesh / God created lesser sins than you, babe / tick, tock / is our time here running, running faster than Eve to the apple? / i know, because snakes are of a different breed and yet mankind is twisted, twisted in fate / we may be unlucky, but at least we have each other / until tomorrow, when we diverge to different paths / somewhere below, in the city of chasing dreams, someone plays a lone melody on whistling wind 
last night i rewatched la la land for the 385935nd time and it never gets old. the essence and beauty of the film is just *chef's kiss* all proper credits due! mia & sebastian... what i would give to have a bond like theirs 

2

• AbigailSauble

I've never watched the movie, but you bring it to life for me. (I still probably will never watch it, but thank you, just the same ;)).
    Keep on! God bless!

"somewhere below, in the city of chasing dreams, someone plays a lone melody on whistling wind" aaah that line is so beautiful and oddly nostalgic! i was just re-watching la la land the other day, and this piece captures its bittersweet, dream-like aesthetic so well!

• batman_is_a_cracker

Q&A answers are out!

replying: awww naomi :’) mentor and role model? i’m getting...embarassed...:’))) glad to have you here. thank youuuu!!

• black_and_red_ink

Great imagery here and I also loved your mythology allusions.

• .amelia.

Yes! La La Land is just awesome :D
    I love how you captured it in this prose!

Replying: I appreciate your comment more than you know

'tickling ivory keys on a bench, or perhaps, blowing in a sax made of gold / i know, midas made it himself ' i love love lovee this naomi!
    also the way you've incorporated science into certain aspects of this is just *chef's kiss*

• inanutshell

wow this whole piece is just so enchanting, 'time is liquid honey in the land of dreams: no place for a small-town girl' is an amazing line!

• Eblinn

"time is liquid honey in the land of dreams"
    Such a wonderful piece! I like the Harry Potter reference :)

“ hand on cheek, arm on hip / you carry me like porcelain to the ends of our days / somewhere below, behind secluded streets with rowdy bars, someone plays a lullaby for us / tickling ivory keys on a bench, or perhaps, blowing in a sax made of gold /” aaaaack this is everything! i love love love your title hehe it’s so fitting! i’ve never watched la la land (i tend not to like romance movies) but the aesthetic is so pretty and you captured it so well!! hehe so lovely, awesome work as always naomi!