Karma’s_Coming

AJR
Bored Washingtonian who thinks 60 degrees is hot
An INTP-A / INTP-T apparently??
Weeeeeeeebb
My response to how was your day will always be
"Meh"
I'm a meh person, what can i say

Check out batman_is_a_cracker’s competition here: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/167669/version/347870

I Can Only Choose One | #myrose(4)

9
Dear Piece of Neutral Paper,

I had to sacrifice my perfect attendance for this boy, so he better like me back. And, for the record, stuffing notes into lockers without anyone noticing is WAY harder than it seems. I had to wait 15 minutes for everyone to clear out of the hallways. Those late high school slackers. I guess what I’m trying to say is, love is way too much work. I’m not even sure if he uses his locker so...I’m throwing myself out there I guess. 

Update: He does NOT use his locker. He does, however, share a locker. With Sam Owens, the notorious....plain boy. I’ve never actually talked to him, and now he’s reading a heartfelt letter that was certainly not meant for him and now he’s...ripping it up? Did not see that one coming. 

Yet another Update: Abort mission, abort! Note to self; putting mysterious writing on a whiteboard before the students or teachers even get to school is NOT a good idea. Especially when it’s a class that has Same Owens and a super secret certain person...sitting right next to each other. And maybe this super secret person and the notorious plain boy share some certain features I pointed out. And maybe this super secret person was absent today. Let’s just say that this poor Sam Owens now thinks he has a secret admirer. 

I’m here with......an update!: So Sam, the plain boy, is actually not so plain. My super secret someone was absent again today (lets call this super secret someone.....Ryan,) so Sam was sitting by himself when he’d usually be sitting by him. And so, naturally, I filled that spot. So Ryan and Sam are apparently best buddies. And I saw this as an in. I could get to Ryan through Sam!

A troublesome Update: I caught the feels. 

An apologetic update: I sincerely apologize to my super secret certain someone but....they are now dead to me. 

And you won....a brand new update!!!: Have you ever noticed Sam’s eyes? They look brown when you’re inside but turn golden in the light. God, I could stare at him all day. How could anyone ever call him plain?

Yet another troublesome update: Ryan is back from his leave of absence. And now I can’t quite decide what I want. The perfect boy that everyone wants or....Sam Owens.

A decisive update: Ryan talked to me, Ryan talked to me, Ryan talked to me. He asked me to the dance and I........said no. But Sam doesn’t know that. He only saw Ryan ask and then left us because he wanted to “give us some privacy.” He doesn’t know. 

A proud update: I asked him to the dance and he couldn’t have looked more confused. He thought for sure that I would pick Ryan over him. He’s lived in his shadow for so long now that he’s used to getting overlooked. But I chose Sam Owens. 
Choose your players! Not really just....make that main character whoever the heckedydoo you want them to be. Also, my sincerest apologies for the awkward writing style. Cheers to deciding halfway through to make it a kind of sort of diary style. And also to not actually saying dear diary cause meh.

This is for batman_is_a_cracker’s comp called myrose. You can check it out here (I think, I mess up links a lot): https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/167669/version/347870

• batman_is_a_cracker

Rereading this like five months in the future is pretty surreal, you know? I remember sitting in my bed, reading it, laughing at the humor, and vigorously taking notes (that I would later use for deciding the placements and winners of the comp). And here I am now, sitting in my bed, smiling wistfully at the days past. Ah, some things never change, huh? Anyway I fucking LOVE this piece, nuff said.
    --Sid

• batman_is_a_cracker

Howdy partner. As you may or may not know, I'm back on WtW (sorta) and I'm offering "free" Peer Reviews to anyone willing to ask. Recently I decided to finish what I started all those months ago and commemorate all of the people who entered into my second (and last) user-hosted competition, #myrose. I'll be doing this by commenting my notes and things I loved about the piece, and - upon request - peer-reviewing any pieces of the user's choice. Let's get started, shall we?

• Anlee

i died reading this piece...so strangely relatable XD

• pineapples

the awkwardness in this piece is literally Perfect. i do not think it could have been better.
    the indecision and the switching between sam owens and "ryan" was so chaotic and kind of amazing, i loved it!
    good luck in the competition :)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

T-T This is so amazing regardless if it's a true story or not. I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE THIS!!!!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Hmm...is that a true story?

I love how you wrote this, this is so funny! Especially that first line, "Dear Piece of Neutral Paper,"

• batman_is_a_cracker

Howdy. Thanks for entering my competition! This piece was so funny. I loved the first line and how the narrator couldn't seem to make up their mind with how to express their feelings. This was cute, I enjoyed it a lot. Good job on this piece and good luck in my comp~

And that folks is why hooks are important thanks for coming to my TED Talk

Okay I'm gonna be honest I wasn't gonna read this because I knew it was for a comp that required cheese BUT your first line made me laugh and I actually loved reading the piece