spectral

黃愛莉
help girl, i feel a different heartbeat inside my chest.
50~ Sept. 2020

glass dip pen

8
grooves of crystal/twisting, twisting/dip it in the ink/dark and soulless/drag it against the paper/watch it smear/rake it against flesh/crimson calligraphy on living canvas/how many stories are written in blood/never enough/never/artists knows what to sacrifice/its part of the trade/a deal with the devil/maybe my blood will make me beautiful/a crown of bleeding lace/if suffering is an empire/well/aren't we all monarchs/
/glistening body/warping, warping/fingers its sides/spiraling, spiraling/spiraling all the way down/is that us/a shimmering universe/encased in glass/strong/hard to break/thats what the etsy seller said/still/if i threw it against the wall/it would break into a thousand glinting shards/hahaha/it wouldn't recover from that, would it/but how many broken hearts can humans endure/and what does that make us/
/they say the pen is mightier than the sword/but i've found something stronger than the pen./
/haha./i don't think that's what they meant./
vaguely inspired by chrysanthemums&ink's (wow that was a nightmare to spell) fountain pen 101
glass dip pens are cool haha. ignore my stupid laughter at random intervals here, it was a mind dump, and i have an unhealthy amount of stupid laughter in my brain. hmm. perhaps i should look into that.

• July 7, 2020 - 3:58pm (Now Viewing)

• fatpanda

beautiful imagery!

this whole piece is just a cohesive joy to read! every line builds up to the next, so it wouldn't be fair for me to just say one! i love how you bring flesh and blood into this, making it just a tad bit grotesque. beautiful!
    OwO the stationary brought me here but i didn't expect the inspiration thing! yes. my name is a nightmare to spell. it took me like a week to really ingrain it in. thank you for the honor though! this is a lovely piece!

• elliem

This is so gorgeous! I love this. :)

• A Rose

I love the simplicity of this

• Eblinn

Love the title!
    "crimson calligraphy on living canvas/how many stories are written in blood/never enough"
    Brilliantly dark!
    "if suffering is an empire/well/aren't we all monarchs/"
    Pretty cool to think I'm a monarch (of suffering)
    Beautiful piece!
    (As for the laugter in your brain: a) it could mean you're happy b) your life is secretely a comedy show and you have gained access to the laughing track)