inanutshell

she/her/illiterate

hello regarding my age, yes, unfortunately, i do turn 19 in sept, so i will prob have to leave around then? wish i had found the wtw community earlier so i could have had more time here, but it is what it is. i mention here that I had an IG writing acct, i still have it & have been considering using that after wtw! the poetry community on IG is pretty dead ngl and most of my old friends on there are no longer active, but i'll probably be on there! @nutshellpoetry

reposting as i had gotten some new questions, answered in the comments below so read the comments for more questions!

Q & A answers! :)

12
a big thank you to everyone who posted questions on my q&a post! without further ado, answers are down below! 

sunny.v
1) what’s a writing style you particularly like?
honestly, i don't think i have a preferred writing style, i mostly try to stay away from persuasive/argumentative pieces because i do enough of that for my schoolwork already. i do like poetry and prose that are descriptive and honest, where the language is not too flowery but the message/notion is up for interpretation. 

2) admired wtw writers? (also asked by anoushkaa)
oh wow, personally there are so many writers i look out for on wtw but if i were to pick a few for this post off the top of my head, some include: poetrichrysanthemums&ink, Naomi LingAnne Blackwood (shout out to Anne for helping me figure out Wtw during one of my first few weeks here!), and of course, sunny.v & anoushkaa. thank you both for asking this question so i get to directly tell you guys how much i really enjoy looking out for and reading your pieces, they always make my day :D

3) what’s your favorite topic/subject to read about on here?
oooh anything personal is always great to read about, but i'm definitely drawn to pieces about identity and family. probably bc i'm unstable in both aspects so i like to read how others are dealing with their own struggles with it and the complications behind them so i can feel less alone about my own issues.

4) going off of the previous questions, what’s your favorite to write about?
i never really thought i had a favourite topic to write about until i noticed a lot of my pieces on wtw are about family, and angry, sad ones at that. i try to write about other topics but i find it easiest to write about family. the downside of that is that sometimes i feel like my writing has then gotten repetitive if i'm not able to branch out.

5) if you could blend some people’s writing style (on wtw or just in general) to make your personally favored style, who’d you blend?
great question! i'd blend Laini Taylor's and Adam Silvera's writing styles together. they're both YA authors but write quite differently; Taylor writes more descriptive and flowery fantasy & Silvera writes more direct and honest contemporaries. I love both aspects of their writing and think that if combined, could make an absolutely amazing novel.

5) what cliche character trope are you? aka, if we were all book characters on a YA journey, who’d you be?
i'm definitely that trope of that average shy and introverted teenage girl. i related a lot to Cath from Fangirl, her avoiding social situations at all costs was honestly so exciting for me, to see a main character not being outgoing or a confident badass made all the difference for 13 y/o me.

6) do you feel your irl personality translates well to here?
LOL no. i wish i was this outgoing and friendly irl. in my life i don't usually speak up much other than to my friends, and even then i'm very controlled and mindful of the things i say bc i don't feel comfortable in many social situations. but here, i think the illusion of anonymity definitely helps me to be more open.

7) favorite wtw pieces?
so do i just link sunny's entire account? honestly yes, bow to the titans of old & i think i cried for a desert mirage are some of my favs. but also chrysanthemums&ink's a hypocrite's guide to self-deprecation & poetri's a history of growing up.

8) how tall are you?
around 160cm? not sure exactly. googled & that's 5'3 for all my American friends out there.

9) your happiest moment you’ve had at school?
so i had this weekly tradition with my friend in school of meeting up every Wednesday during our breaks so we can see each other at least once a week & have lunch, and i always look forward to them. i know it's a small thing but i treasure it a lot; i had a lot of trouble making friends in my first year and only met her in my second year (last year), and we don't study in the same course so we never run into each other. we have to make plans & i'm glad we both like each other's company enough to keep this going :) sadly COVID has ruined that and we haven't been able to have our lunch days since last semester :(

10) how’re you so awesome?
*blushes* awwww. i've always struggled with being optimistic and confident but i'm working on it! life has definitely humbled me with setbacks but i'm trying to keep in mind that i'm enough, so always, thank you guys for lifting me up.

11) where would you vacation to, ignoring all other costs, and why?
i'd wanna visit as many places as possible, like France to see the Lourve, Portugal for the architecture, New York for Broadway, and I've visited San Francisco before but i really wanna go again, I loved it there. ofc i'd visit a bookstore in every city bc the bookworm in me can't help herself :)

MuslimQueen06
1. Favorite book/author? (also asked by Emi)
i could never just choose one book, but some of my favs include
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (taught me the different ways of looking at friendship)
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng (the family dynamics in this are unlike anything else; character-driven)
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake (ngl this book was like my bi awakening, if that's a thing)
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara (don't read if you don't wanna be scarred FOR LIFE - i was up at 5am crying my eyes out, this book completely destroyed me.)

2. Favorite weather?
rainy/colder weather. i live in Singapore which is hot as hell all the time and we're constantly sweating. so any time it rains or is just Not That Hot we get very happy lol. in fact, it's been rainy for the past week & i'm very happy about it :)

3. What makes you happy/upset?
happy - finding a new favourite book, writing, learning, my friends, comfort food. 
upset - drama in general, selfishness (my own or from others), injustice, arrogance, insensitivity.

4. What is a weird food combination that you like?
i like to pour like a spoonful of Campbell mushroom soup onto my spaghetti, the thick consistency somehow blends well with the spaghetti. this is weirdly specific but hey it's honest

5. What piece that you wrote are you most proud of? (also asked by chrysanthemums&ink)
oh man. i guess it's 3 ways i need to let go. this one i wrote very quickly in about an hour or so (which is really fast for me, usually i take hours & days) and it wasn't something i planned to write at the time, but i think i just needed to get that off my chest. it's basically my insecurities and baggage all dumped into one piece, and it's an honest admission of how i'm flawed in different ways. 

Anne Blackwood
1. What's a funny/embarrassing story about you?
here's one that fits both: when i was 4 or 5 i ran into a room to get something but somehow i straight up ran into one of the bedposts and cracked my forehead open. i passed out & the only memories i have of that incident is the moment before i hit the bedpost and waking up in the car in a daze, blood all over me. it's hilarious how kid me just ran right into the bedpost with no sense of self-preservation whatsoever but unfortunately that would not be my last 'hurt myself because i'm a dumbass' incident. i still have the scar on my forehead so i'm easily distinguishable :")

2. What's your favorite animal?
i don't have a favourite animal per se but i do love pets, especially cats & dogs! would totally get one of each if i could :(

3. What's your favorite color?
red, but more muted than bright. something about the blend of dark and light really appeals to me.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world (disregarding finances and other practicalities), where would you choose?
I mentioned San Francisco in a previous question, i think either there or New Zealand seem like nice places to settle down or stay for a few years! I've been to both places and I honestly had the best times there, I love the culture in New Zealand and the people I had met in San Francisco were so nice.

5. What's the weirdest dream you've had?
i cannot remember most of my dreams after i wake up tbh, i'll know that i had had a dream but won't be able to recall any part of it. the only one i really remember is me falling over the side of a building, which was scary as hell. i had that dream when i was a kid, not sure why i was so morbid at that age :/

6. Describe the sky where you are right now.
it's nighttime! clear skies, devoid of stars, darkness spreading out over the horizon.

7. If you've taken any psychology personality assessments, what were your results?
- love language: quality time
- RIASEC: ASE
- MBPT: INFP 
- DISC: SCD
I think INFP really suits me but it's definitely not the version of myself i like best, and I only half agree with the DISC profile - i definitely do not think i'm steady lol. i've had to take the last 3 tests for school and it was kinda fun knowing my love language (i already suspected it would be quality time but nice to get a confirmation) so thanks for asking!

8. What's your birth order (oldest, youngest, only, etc)?
I'm the youngest; I have an older brother.

9. What's your theatre or movie dream role?
I honestly prefer to watch them instead of act in them, but a role i always thought was interesting was Amelie from Amelie the musical, I love the songs from the soundtrack but i'd imagine that role would be pretty difficult to play - very whimsical and charming with an air of innocence.

.amelia.
1. How's psychology? Is it interesting o-o?
it's interesting (for the most part) but i definitely still have doubts as to whether i wanna pursue this in life. for now it's a yes. psych is interesting to learn and read but so much harder to actually apply irl and pursue as a career. i'm especially interested in counselling, abnormal, and social psychology. i would include cognitive psych if it wasn't such a bitch to understand - it's actually super interesting, and it ties into a lot of different fields of psych.

2. Favourite movie? 
i watch movies for the entertainment value so forgive me if they're all very cheesy: Love, Rosie, Coco, The Half of It (!!!), Dear Ex, and Stuck in Love are a just a few i can think of now!

3. How old are you in real life?
18, will be 19 soon :) in other words about to get kicked out soooooon

4. Favourite subject?
yeah, i guess in my course it's cognitive psych? explained a bit before already but i just love learning about the different theories and concepts that help us to understand why people think a certain way. behaviour is one thing, but thoughts and thought processes are harder to control & understand. you definitely can't fake it the way you can with behaviour, so it really helps you to understand the person.

5. Favourite song?
i can't pick just 1 if i'm honest, a few include 'objects in the mirror' (live version tho) by Mac Miller, 'self control' by Frank Ocean, and 'if i believe you' by the 1975.

Tapasya
If you are supposed to turn into an animal for a day which animal would you be?
oh i think i'd turn into a fish, just to see what it's like to breathe underwater. it has always weirded me out how fish need water to breathe, plus i think i would like swimming around all day. i'd like to be a small fish, maybe a clownfish, so i can sneak into the crevices of the ocean and see what it's really like down there.

anoushkaa
1) favourite trope?
antiheroes! (altho i'm not exactly sure if that's a trope or a character thing) i love when morality is explored, i think there isn't enough content out there that does that. morality isn't so black and white, we all do bad things we think is right, and vice versa. a notable antihero story is Vicious by VE Schwab, Victor is our MC but isn't portrayed as the good guy, he's shady af but the contrast with him & the 'villain' Eli makes for fantastic character portraits. it's a series, but i think in terms of character exploration of our antiheroes, it works better as a standalone.

2) Least favorite trope?
i think there's a special place in hell for the bad boy trope. i know a lot of people love it, and i see the appeal, but it's so cliche and more often than not it teaches girls to idolise boys who treat them badly, and are somehow automatically redeemed just because they have a tragic backstory. the only somewhat good version of that trope is Adam from Sex Education on Netflix, but even then that relationship (won't say with who bc that's a spoiler) is still kind of iffy and questionable. if y'all know of any good portrayals of that trope that aren't problematic, let me know!

3) Physical appearance? 
long brown (somewhat) curly hair, glasses, brown eyes, slender (i guess?). i wouldn't call my skin colour tan but it's definitely not as fair as most people of my race (i'm Chinese) and i have no idea why i was born darker than most. bc of that most people often don't believe me when i say I'm Chinese and according to a lot of people i appear mixed (?????????)

4) Thing you love most about WtW?
the community! ik this is cheesy but i've really grown to like it here as opposed to anywhere else bc people are always posting, reviewing, providing feedback and comments which really warms my heart. it's so great to read others' writing and learn from them, and get direct feedback through reviews.

5) Thing you love about yourself?
i guess i like that i always try my hardest? for the things i love (like writing, learning) and for the things i dislike (school, social situations, etc). i mean it does stem from me being a perfectionist but even if i don't enjoy doing something, if i have a responsibility to do it i'll do the best i can.

6) One thing you would change about how people perceive you?
ok so this is kind of specific and based off just a throwaway comment made by my classmate but i wish people would see me? in the sense that i'm kind of "just there", i know i don't particularly stand out in a room full of people and i don't wish to be in the centre of attention, but people don't often acknowledge me & when they do they assume things about me without even asking or getting to know me (e.g. that i'm just studious, i have no life etc). i've tried to interact but they don't really get past those initial impressions so that always make me question even trying in social situations

7) the best thing about your culture?
i'm personally not very connected to my culture, but i absolutely love Singaporean food. a few include chicken rice, laksa, and bak kut teh. Singapore is mainly made up of the Chinese, Malays and Indians, so our "cuisine" mainly consists of foods from those cultures as well. my fav comfort food is definitely bak chor mee, always makes me happy :)

8) any favorite comedians?
Hasan Minhaj! he manages to find that perfect balance of hilarious and serious comedy, first found him through Patriot Act but slowly started to explore his Daily Show stuff. would recommend his Netflix special Homecoming King, it was entertaining but also surprisingly heavy.

9) a song that never gets old?
ROS by Mac Miller, it's a song i've loved since the first time i heard it & still love. it's so honest and sweet, and even tho i've never been in a relationship i felt it so deep in my heart <3

10) your writing process?
it usually starts with an idea (for a story, or just the title), and i try to figure what i want the message of the finished piece to be. after that it's pretty unstructured, sometimes i write in the order of beginning to end, sometimes i start with the middle if i cant come up with a good opening line. i have trouble concentrating for long periods of time so this part of the process can sometimes take days. when i'm done, i take a while to edit or change anything as i feel weird about unedited pieces (see previously mentioned perfectionism).

[ik you submitted 2 more questions (celebrity crush & inspiring author) but i really don't have any answers for them, so sorry, hope that's ok! :( ]

chrysanthemums&ink
1) how would you describe your writing style?
i would say my personal style is simple but not too direct, emotional and honest? i'm not too sure, don't think i've written enough to properly ascertain my writing style. although, i tend to use personification A LOT but idk i really like it.

2) where do you draw inspiration from?
mainly, my own experiences, novels, sometimes from news cycles (tho that's never fun to write, more venting than anything). i think about the important things i want to say, or the things in my life i haven't had the chance to properly express. if i'm stumped, i go through writing prompts or just read others' writing to motivate me to write something. even if it turns out bad, at least i'll have an idea of what i want & don't want, if that makes sense.

3) are there any piece ideas you have but haven't gotten to write yet?
i have a few started but unfinished, one of them is a really interesting narrative prompt but i can't seem to figure out how to end, another is an old idea i'm just not a fan of (a breakup portrayed as two sides of a phone call). other than that there aren't many ideas there, just topics i hover around. i'm not a fan of planning what i write bc it tends to make my writing feel more lifeless and mechanical, so i just go with whatever's on my mind.

4) are you apart of any niche communities?
i'm not sure how niche this is but i love being a part of the online book community! (booktube, bookstagram etc.) i don't post any content about it but i do take part in some events and i keep up with the newish releases! reading is a big part of my life and i don't know what i'd do without books.

5) what is one thing you'd do if there were no consequences?
pretty lame answer but i'd straight up just not go to school if i didn't have to deal with the attendance record, falling behind on work, people etc. i'd stay in, do whatever i want all day. school really stresses me out and sometimes having a break just doesn't cut it, knowing i'd have to go back and face my responsibilities sooner or later still stresses me out. 

6) what got you into writing?
i loved reading and was in awe of how someone else's writing could make me feel so much. when i was going through it years ago, i guess i had that stuck in my brain as the words just came naturally. i needed an outlet to express every emotion i had been repressing. i had an IG writing acct then with a community similar to wtw, and that really kept me going, but i took one break from it in 2017 and just never posted again.

7) what's your greatest regret?
honestly? that i was too afraid to go after what i wanted years ago, thinking i wasn't good enough. not to get too specific but it didn't ruin my life or anything, there's still time to 'fix' it, but i made a decision then that would set my life on a different course than expected, and even now years later i'm unsure if i made the right choice. the fact that i regret it a lot probably means no, it probably wasn't the right choice.

best at procrastinating
1) In your opinion, could lasagna be considered cake?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!! ok i get why it could be so for some people but to me, lasagna is a savoury food, cake is a dessert. they may have similar methods of construction, but the ingredients are what differentiates them. i wouldn't put tomato sauce, pasta, seasonings and spices into a cake made of eggs, sugar and butter.

2) If you're a Harry Potter fan, what Hogwarts house, Ilvermorny house, and Patronus?
I'm a Hufflepuff, Thunderbird, and if i'm not wrong my Patronus is a black mare!

Emi
1. What do you eat for breakfast?
most days just bread, or some variation of bread bought from a bakery shop. it's pretty common to do so here, and the only other foods i eat for breakfast such as prata and lo mai gai i only eat occasionally.

2. Are you an early bird or night owl?
night owl for sure. even tho the night scares me, i cannot stand the morning. being tired always beats being irritated and groggy.

3. What's your favorite flower or plant?
daisies! not sure why but i just love their colour!

4. What's your caffeinated beverage of choice?
definitely coffee. but i've consumed so much coffee that i don't think caffeine works on me anymore, i find myself craving coffee more for the taste than anything. otherwise, i'd go with tea for the caffeine, i love tea as well :)

5. What's one article of clothing that would make you walk out if you saw your date wearing it?
probably overalls, they make me so uncomfortable. i think it's the straps and how the overalls are positioned weirdly on the body. it's def not a dealbreaker, but i would 100% start reconsidering everything lol

6. If you wrote a book, what genre would you write it in?
contemporary fiction! i suck at pretty much everything else :) altho historical fiction would be so interesting to try, i think i'd like researching into the specified historical era as well

7. What is your most-used emoji?
it's a tie between the crying laughing emoji or the one with the bared teeth that look nervous. the second one is perpetually me irl

8. If you could bring back any fashion trend what would it be?
denim clothes! (altho i think those are sort of already back? idk I'm not the fashion type) i actually think they look pretty great, especially denim jackets and jeans! but never double denim, that just looks weird. not many people around here wear denim clothes (partially due to the heat) so i'd like to see more of that!

9. If you had your own talk show, who would be your first guest?
ok this might be a bit unconventional, but i always thought it'd be fun to interview talk show hosts instead. they have so much experience hosting that they're sure to make a great guest. one notable person is Stephen Colbert, love his monologues and have seen some of his interviews, he's great at interviewing! would ask about his life and the difficulties of hosting since his show switched its focus to political comedy.

10. If a movie was made of your life, what genre would it be, and who would play you?
omg i'd love for it to be a comedy, where i'm at the centre of everything going wrong (something like Grown Ups/Community). i don't actually know of any famous Asian celebrity my age who looks like me so let's go with Scarlett Johansson :)

11. If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
hopefully, i would be known for my achievements or the things i've done. but knowing me and my dumbass i'll probably be known for the stupid things i say and do :/ i don't often think before i say stuff and sometimes that gets me in trouble.

12. If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
CHICKEN RICE! i love it so much, it's such a comfort food for me, but the type of comfort food i could eat every day and never get tired of it. it's got this distinct smell and taste that i love, and it'll always remind me of home :)

13. If you were left on a deserted island with either your worst enemy or no one, who would you choose?
i think for me it'll have to be my worst enemy. even tho we may hate each other, i can find comfort in knowing there's at least someone else on the island. if there were no one at all it'd be complete isolation, and i would go insane very quickly. i'd at least try to compromise and form a temporary alliance with this enemy to survive, it's better than having no one to turn to at all.

14. What's your favorite sandwich and why?
just the standard ham, cheese, lettuce and tomato combo. with sandwiches, i like simpler ones, and this combo is a classic i love. the cheese has to be warm and melty tho, i dislike cold hard cheese in sandwiches.

15. When you die, what do you want to be remembered for?
I want to be remembered for the kind of person i was. achievements and successes are also obviously important but those can always be replaced by someone else doing something better. with character and personality, i don't have to be known as 'unique' but i would definitely like to be known as a good person. i think it's increasingly hard to be a good person in this world and so that's something i would like to work towards.

that's it! thank you guys for the questions, and once again a big thank you for all the support these past few months on Wtw. truly appreciate all of you, hope this q&a has helped you get to know me a bit better!

this is so long omg... i've tried to answer as best as i can without droning on! once again, thank you for everything :)

• June 27, 2020 - 3:34am (Now Viewing)

• EliathRose

Replying: I know, the ending is quite week... I’m definitely going to change it, but I was really struggling to find a good one.

Replying: thank you!
    and tysm for the feedback, although I'm still digesting the fact that you haven't seen Aladdin???

• poetri

omgggg just saw this and what the crap thank you for the shout outs!!! i had literally no idea my account/writing really inspired or impacted someone, you're too sweet. just made my whole day. all the best <3

replying: I feel like everyone who replied was actually pretty mature, so not quite sure why they were taken down, but I respect their decision. Also, can VERY much relate to being the youngest in my friend groups hahah

replying: thank youu! and, yeah, totally didn't google uber-cool alt french synonyms for old-fashioned *flips hair*
    i think i know which user you're talking about. honestly, was really surprised by the hate too. i really hope the admins do something about it. some of my comments were taken down, but i understand why, i've decided to not fight hate with more hate, but tell them to educate themselves, bc this is a safe space.
    (sorry if this kinda ranty, but you're a lovely person and def give off *older sister/role model* vibes to so many of us ) <3

• journal.scribbles

Aww, you're going to have to leave WtW? Noooooo... I disagree about the lasagna though. Crabcakes are savory. :)

YOU’RE TALLER THAN ME. *screams*. also awww you’re so sweet for that shout out! also your taste is *chef’s kiss*. i really enjoyed learning so much about you!! you seem like such a lovely person—don’t leave us just yet! *joins in on clinging to your leg* T^T you’re like one of my fave older Wtw sisters T^T

• naomi ling

aaah i love all of the questions and answers!! ugh looking back at it i definitely regret not submitting any q's... oh well. everyone stole mine anyways LOLL but u are so sweet. ur one of my role models in WTW as well and i don't want u to leave :"))

• Fernweh

Thank you so much for answering my questions!!

• The Midnight One

Hi, thanks for answering my questions! :D Sorry I didn't realise you had already posted your answers, but thanks for doing mine anyway. Love your answer to the why do you write question :D

• inanutshell

more questions: The Midnight One

Favourite time of the day to write?
    - nighttime! i find it easiest to do any work at night, i just get too relaxed during the day.

Favourite music genre?
    - probably pop, altho i do enjoy r&b and rap, i'm not too well-versed in either.

Favourite thing to write?
    - prose! i write a lot of poetry but i honestly prefer prose style pieces about anything honest or emotional.

Why do you write?
    - oh man. thats a loaded question. mostly to express what i can't, i find writing easier than talking. i'm known for being cold & emotionless among my friends & family and i dont blame them, it's bc i am so uncomfortable talking about my feelings. but when i write, idk, it's different. i'm more open & honest, with others and myself.

What style of writing do you like best?
    - answered above in the post! (first question!) basically, it's poetry/prose that is simpler and emotional.

What do you find the hardest to write?
    - funnily enough, narrative stories (especially anything fantastical). i think it's just not for me, i enjoy reading them, but i cannot for the life of me properly write out a fiction story without turning it into some kind of poetry/prose thing.

• inanutshell

more questions: Fernweh

1. Favourite place you travelled to?
    - san francisco! i love the artsy vibe of the place, it's also where i tried cheesecake factory for the first time, and enjoyed visiting lombard street & fisherman's wharf. it's been 4 years since my trip there & i still think of it often!

2. Rain or sun?
    - rain by default, just bc we get so much sun around here already.

3. Dusk or dawn?
    - dusk! sunrises are undoubtedly prettier, but i love the descent into darkness.

4. If you had three wishes, what would you ask for?
    - equality in the world
    - less crime
    - more time to do the things i want (my one selfish thing)

5. Top three songs as of today and why they are your favourite?
    - woods by mac miller // hand me downs by mac miller (both for the same reason, been missing mac lately so naturally, i'm listening to his whole discography again - but the posthumous album will always hit harder)
    - forgive me by chloe x halle (love the beat & lyrics!)

6. Will you read my writings and share your expert view on how I can improve?
    - aww thank you! i'll check out some of your writings and leave a review!

7. Who are your favourite authors?
    - Celeste Ng, Cassandra Clare (altho i love her for the stories, not as a person or her writing, it's a whole thing idk yet)

8. Which fantasy books would you recommend, except for Harry Potter, Divergent, Hunger Games and Mortal Instruments?
    - thank you for the opportunity to gush about the Strange the Dreamer duology... it is undoubtedly my fav fantasy series ever and Muse of Nightmares was absolutely incredible. the worldbuilding is insanely rich and well-structured and Laini Taylor's writing is immaculate.

9. Favourite movies or TV shows?
    - i've answered movies above so TV shows would be Queer Eye, Patriot Act, The Flash, How I Met Your Mother, B99, One Day At a Time!

10. What is that one thing that you are most afraid of?
    - damn not being good enough? it applies to different aspects of my life tbh

11. What is the weirdest habit you have?
    - i keep track of every single cent i spend, even if it's for something really small. never thought of it as weird until someone pointed out to me that it was. but it's just my way of making sure i don't overspend & of knowing what i need control my spending on.

12. Favourite music artists?
    - Mac Miller (if that wasn't already obvious haha), The 1975, Carly Rae Jepsen, Frank Ocean, Caitlyn Smith. i think it's a good mix!

Oh thank you for the shoutout! ^u^
    Omigosh I'm ASE too!!! So cool! Though idk what DISC is hehe. Anyway, you seem like a pretty cool person so yeah.

• Wicked!

You seem really cool! I studied psychology for two years and it seems really interesting. Denim! Yes. Yes. Also I completely agree about Adam—I was completely baffled when that detention thing happened, but it's really nice that they kind of showed the other side to him. I definitely think that his relationship at the end isn't good for either of them, and it might've been better to flesh their dynamics out more. Wow this was long, but like everyone seems to ship them, and I could go on about it but it's like, definitely very questionable.

Thanks for answering!!!! You know, your weird food combination sounds really good bc mushrooms are really good on pasta. XD
    Anyhow, you seem like a great person. Have a nice day/night! :)

I love coffee too! Best beverage ever invented! It was nice getting to know you better!

Ahh, I just realized how much we have in common! thanks for the shoutout as well hehe.
    and omg Hasan Minhaj is absolutely hilarious. have you seen the deep cuts he did with John mulaney and the Tupperware teens? i love chicken rice too, specially the amazing one you get in Bangkok. psych sounds fascinating, since I'm also thinking of studying it in the future. and yesss I found someone else who watched sex education! the Otis and Maeve back and forth shtick is so frustrating and I have an innate desire to push Isaac off a cliff.
    (also, you're nearly 19? noooooo you'll have to leave when you're 19.5 :(

• amaryllis

Wow... for some reason I didn't realize you could learn so much about a person from a Q&A, but I definitely feel like I did! :) I was also really interested about the psychology stuff bc I find the topic fascinating, and yay for chicken rice (there's this one place that, forgive me, sounds like "boon donkey" that i remember really loving there. Concerning the bad boy trope, I agree with your logic (9/10 times would be a toxic relationship irl) but I'm still a sucker for it. Also, your patronus sounds really cool! First time I took it I think mine was like a hog or boar or something hehe... so ofc i made a new account a got a better one that i currently can't remember but was nowhere as cool as yours. Sad to hear you're leaving soon....

also, same with the emojis + the kinda sheepish one with sweat on it's forehead

• .amelia.

Nice! We like the same colour :D
    Thank for the stuff about psychology, I was considering it for some time :p

totally agree with you for the emoji thing, and chicken rice is a good choice LOL

whew, thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions :) i really do know you better now! (from now on, this comment will jump around a LOT) and thanks for the shoutout *scratches head* never expected that piece to be one of the favorites of anybody. i'll definitely look at some of your book recs! you look like you know what you're doing ;) food in Singapore seems really interesting! i've always been fascinated by the mix of cultures and good food they have over there! i really want to try chicken rice too. cognitive functions huh? i think psychology is a very interesting despite me only knowing the bare minimum of all that the subject encompasses. your inclination towards that branch (?) sounds really interesting too! tbh we seem pretty similar (cept for the age gap ofc haha), glad i could see you and get to know you a little better with this q&a! aw noooo you're aging out?? don't leave us *hangs onto your leg like an oversized baby (aren't all humans oversized babies?? hmmmmm)
    i hope the next decision you make brings you happiness! love ya <3

aaah i’ll finish reading this soon but i adored your answers to my questions! you sound awesome, and thank you for the shoutouts! hehe i’ll give a proper commentary on this but for now: wtw’s gonna kick you out soon? D: i see you’re on bookstagram so: i’m on poetstagram on @sunny.the.wordsmith if you wanna add me! <3 will definitely read this thoroughly in the morning!!