Pravartika Wankhede

16-a lot on my mind

Please read the entire thing. This isn't very philosophical or profound: nothing like my usual work either. This is a message, this is a love letter- to you. Thankyou for existing. You have no idea how your existence impacts lives.
Also, I've been waiting for sunny to overcome her starting should-I-text-should-I-not-what-will-I-say for a long time and just fricking drop a message on my ig.(lmao)
Please try to ignore typos- I hate proofreading. Souriii. *winks
1 LOVE,
P

Dear Fellow Writers- A Love Letter

PROMPT: Refuge

15
My mother's colleague died today, and I thought of you. Yes, you. She was my mentor and I respected her. I respected her, and there is no greater tribute I can pay to a person. Save me the poor-hers, oh-nos, and rest-in-peaces. She was long suffering, this was the best thing that could've happened to her- ceasing into nonexistence, receding into nullity, dematerializing into lifelessness.  
I hate Biology, and she didn't make me love it, but she sure tried. 
I've never-in the last sixteen years of my life- acknowledged death. I'm still stuck on denial and try as I might, I cannot bring myself to accept that a person I: knew, touched and loved has stopped: breathing, living and existing. And the toxic idea of strength embedded into me screams everytime I face grief- Don't you dare cry. MAN UP. DO NOT CRY.
So, I scrambled to my laptop and attacked the keyboard-penning down the sudden rush of stunned disbelief, while trying to hold back desperate tears, insistentlySTUBBORNLYpersistentlyOBSTINATELY clinging to the long lashes I'm so vainly proud of. My friends, as deeply as they know me- do not understand this tsunami of exploding, confusing, blinding emotion, (which I believe only a writer can understand.) So I thought of you. 

You are my refuge, my safe place, my haven- my dying, withering, still unrelenting hope against a lost world. I come here yearning to be understood, longing to be recognized for my talent, lusting after the idea of a real, brilliant, kind and wholesome family. Don't get me wrong: I acutely understand that it is lonely man's porn- ten minutes of adrenaline and then back to colourless, conscienceless, fast and edge-of-a-knife reality. 
I came, I saw and I was welcomed. Anoushka has come to be a little cynical young sister and Samina ,albeit naively sweet, has been a wonderfully amazing friend. I may not personally know you, but, I do know that you are a writer. And just like that, you're a better person, and when you the truth rings clear like tolling bells and shines like stark sunlight, you lift the human spirit to a higher place and a higher plane. 
I adore, admire and applaud the WTW family and I trulyDEEPLYreallyREALLY love you. Thankyou for being you. You've got a supporter and admirer in me. 

Love forever,
Pravartika Onkar Wankhede

• July 1, 2020 - 4:51am (Now Viewing)

• Harzi

Ohmygosh, one more word and I think I might just cry due to this both touching and relatable piece. I've just recently been in wtw (well, after fleeing for some time) and this is indeed a haven, with all the fellow writers (tho I'm still quite shy to fully socialize), support and freedom.

Also replyinggg: thank you for your comment on my piece. it was an apple hitting my head saying i should have the guts to fact check

Long comment lol sorry
    Lovelots!

• elliemccul

I love your writing style! I just came upon this piece, but you write in a conversational way that is beautiful and unique. I also consider WtW as a family; I've met so many cool friends here that respect me on a whole different level than people I see face-to-face. I know grief can be hard to face (I've had my share of trying to face it myself) so let me know if you need someone to talk to. (I know I'm a total stranger, but sometimes talking is the best coping mechanism out there.) Also, is that you in your profile picture? You're so gorgeous! I'm also glad to see another 16 year old on here because apparently sunny made this conspiracy theory about how they all get kidnapped for a year. Hmm.

I know I'm rambling and my mind is going everywhere in these comments, but it's nice to meet you! I love your writing style so so so much and I'll hope to see you around soon! :)

Prav, this, right here, might be the most beautiful and raw piece you've written. I'm sure it resonates with so many of us, because wtw and this community is our safe haven and we couldn't be happier. This is also especially important, considering the recent ignorance and hate by a few users. Thank you, THANK YOU for writing this. <3
    -love, your cynical, raging, chaotic liberal of a younger sister.

• Halopoet

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU for writing this. I also think of wtw as my one family where i can say whatever i want and i can be whatever i want.