A Certain Type of Decisive

Just your unfriendly neighborhood disaster, bringing you bi-weekly updates from the bottom of my own shoe!

My mom wanted something to write about my dad for Father's Day, a caption for a picture she took. My sister and I were brainstorming ideas and I came up with the "take a moment, in your pocket" idea. We both wrote a poem about it, but hers ended up as the caption because (she'll disagree with me the moment she see's this but she's LYING) she's better at writing than I am. Maybe that's the younger sibling in me talking, but I doubt it, because she's won awards and also she can rap. Basically what I'm saying is I love my sister, thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Oh I usually write some cryptic message:
The clouds are waiting, but nothing will change when they get what they want. Nothing you can understand, anyway.

A Gift

6
    I'd like to take a moment to say I love you. I'd like to take a moment- any moment will do, but I'd prefer this one. This day, by the ocean, nine years ago. Your smile, in the middle of the chaos. Your steady hands, holding children, steady gaze on the camera. I'd like to take that moment, to keep it in my pocket. I want to hold it close, like paleontologist hold dinosaur bones, like a photographer holds a camera, like Medusa might've held a lover's statue.
    I'd like to take a moment, but I can't. It is a plank in the tallest tower we've ever built, every moment pushes further, deeper, higher- love is monument we build for ourselves. I might say "in spite of it all," but there's no spite in it. So instead, I'll just say: we keep going, in love of it all. It was one in a million moments, one in a billion we have yet to experience. 
    I'd like to take a moment, but they're heavy and awkward and bulky. So instead, I took a picture.

• June 22, 2020 - 12:11am (Now Viewing)

• AbiJoy

Hey I'll fight you this (like everything you create) is spunky and original and wholeheartedly perfect.

Eek this is genius I agree with what anne said.Its so sweet and don't downplay your writing!I would die to be able to write as good as you!

"I might say "in spite of it all," but there's no spite in it." WHAT?? You are so freaking talented. *sighs happily*