Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
A bit empathic
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Inspired by Psalms 19:1 and the song So Will I (100 Billion X) by Hillsong United

Waiting for Radiance

11

I am called to my window to look
Time after time I trust blindly
After several seemingly pointless gazes
My knees go weak beneath me
I lie in my room and realize
Everything I saw was the miracle

I get up once more and peer around curtains
The sun becomes this brilliant thing
It glints off of cars and dew
I marvel at the splendor of light
And feel safe in the One telling it to shine

• Gabriel Goodwin

I'm curious, is poetry your specialty? You have a knack for it!!! Keep it up! Am also curious to read your best poems hehe if you have any recommendations? ^o^

Replying: Noooo it's fine! I'd probs do the same XD

• Ibex

This poem is so pretty! And I love So Will I; it's such a good song.

replying: the verse we read in class (this is just an example not an actual verse lol): Glory be in His name, the Almighty, for He shall deliver you from sinful tongues.
    the verse i see online: The Big One protect you from the mean mean voices of big bad devil.
    also awwwww your brother sounds cuute! i remember reading a piece some time ago about things he’s said and laughing really really hard.

replying: awww the first dress sounds so cute since it was a gift from your cousin but “The other dress is its polar opposite; a seafoam blue-green knee length beauty with simple ruffle and lace detailing“ WHAT THE HECK THAT SOUNDS GORGEOUS. *cries in fashion loving*
    oh my gosh the correcting other kids cracked me up. i went to a baptist elementary school so we did recitations of verses every week and kids would misread stuff all the time...FOR 31 OR SO KIDS. i went on a field trip once (with the same class LOL) and we cooked a pretzel but we each took turns reading the recipe book to the class and halfway through my teacher was like “ok stop let’s let sunny finish the rest of it so we can roll the dough” LOL
    also i’m not sure which translation we read but I remember liking the one my elementary school used and then looking up one of my favorite verses online and it being SO UGLY cause it was a diff translation version LOL

Replying: oops I'm so sorry I forgot to put "replying " I'm so embarrassed

Well actually I do love noise more than silence.but hole romantic relationship is the fiction part ya know ok I'm so confusing sorry

Hahaha its actually totally fiction. I just made a character in my head.but thanks anyway lol ilysm

• mia_:)

I saw your comment on Aadit's appreciation post and I just wanted to thank you! You're so sweet!! <3

• Charisse Marison

Absolutely gorgeous. So poetic <3

Wow!! Lovely piece! I love the title!

• mia_:)

Hey, quick question! So, I've been using the dictionary of obscure sorrows for some inspiration and I saw on their website in a post from ten years ago that they were making an actual book. Do you know anything about that? I looked it up but couldn't find it. If there is one, I'd so love to get it!

• mia_:)

This is wonderful and I love your title! :)

i might be biased because i’m literally sunny but wow i love the morning sun brilliant aspect of this :’)