mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

*sucks in breath* please don't judge; I know this isn't my best work

still using my trusty toothpick to dig through this writer's block! wish me luck!

I'd love some feedback, since this is literally word vomit :/

taking refuge in your fidelity

PROMPT: Refuge

7
i. refuge is crying
/ you open your arms and i collapse into them, alkaline relief flowing from my pores / stroke my hair, braid my soul, leech the pain from my eyes / mutter incoherently, but i don't care / the fact that you're here is what matters / plates clink in the kitchen and still, you wrap your shell around me and protect me from the pain / our meal turns cold, but our hearts are warm and full / i'll always be here for you, love / i carry those words in my heart; my lifeboat when the going gets tough /

ii. refuge is laughing
/ effervescent sounds bubble in your chest / is it possible to taste joy? / i complain of jaw pain from smiling around you / just seeing your face makes it impossible to smile / rolling down hills and dissolving into fits of giggles / you blow dandelion seeds to the wind and laugh as the sky swallows them / oh baby, your sanguine aura merges with mine and we can't do anything but grin /

iii. refuge is creating
/ it feels as if i've been holding my breath and can finally exhale as i step up to my easel, sharpen my pencil, tune my flute / i play, i sing, i create as if everyone is watching but no one pressures me / a haven, yes, a portal into anywhere you want / take my hand and we'll pluck the d string together / prime the canvas for optimal results / i don't care about technique, darling, so long as we're together /

iv. refuge is living
/ yes, sometimes the marigold rains wet your hair / bees sting, but where would we be without them? / babe, don't shy away in fear / let the ocean lap at your feet and let the snow cluster on your eyelids / live every moment to the fullest, for it could be our last together / stop and smell every rose, even if it starts to drizzle / cloud gaze and harmonize with the sounds of nature / you're my refuge, and as long as we're together, everything will be more than fine /
marigolds symbolize grief, jealousy, and despair

1

"take my hand and we'll pluck the d string together" I know that isn't the most spectacular or imagery-packed line, but it's my favorite. There's a sense of nostalgic simplicity about it that gets me. Now that I think about it, it reminds me of someone I used to know...
    Anyway, enough of me getting sidetracked. This is a great piece, and I could've sworn you were using a plastic spoon instead of a measly toothpick with how good your writing is. ;)

• naomi ling

mia (i think that's ur name? it's beautiful) this is such a moving piece!! urgh ur one of many writers here i look up to and i have so much to learn from you :")) also thank u for ur kind words hope to see u around in WTW <33

• inanutshell

wow really love your take on this, every stanza is so honest & beautiful, but i esp love 'live every moment to the fullest, for it could be our last together / stop and smell every rose, even if it starts to drizzle' :)

wow, all the pieces in this prompt are so sweet <3 and yours is just filled to the brim with breathtakingly beautiful imagery wow. "let the ocean lap at your feet and let the snow cluster on your eyelids" isn't that the most calming thing? "you open your arms and i collapse into them, alkaline relief flowing from my pores / stroke my hair, braid my soul, leech the pain from my eyes " and wow that's just... i love this so much. aw, even if it's not your best work it's still a darn good one. absolutely stunning <3