naomi ling

est. 6/14/20

have a fantastic day and don't forget ur crowns <33

refuge, in definitions of us

PROMPT: Refuge

15
refuge (noun)
ref·​uge | \ ˈre-(ˌ)fyüj 

1 : in that open wounds, exposed, bring light
// you, with your worn scars and marred flesh, you are refuge. i handle your heart with tweezers and delicate touch, as fragile as it is, and you accept it. in the devilish face of uncertainty, you laugh and tell me he's an old friend. 

2 : in the place of sorrow, bring me familiarity 
// blurred vision meets open arms and glassy tears; i have splintered. you stitch me up piece-by-piece with time, as minute- and second-hands do. life does not give up easily, but neither do your patient hands; in midnight reflections, this i realize: refuge. 

3 : in our unconscious, we are adrift
// we first meet in our dreams, fantasies that we cannot live up to. only when we smash our hazy glasses on the unforgiving earth do we truly see. in balmy waters, i accept and forgive. you mend me, slowly, a refuge i had never had. 
inspired by everyone who used dictionary-like definitions in their poems! wow this took a bit of time but i finally got it into words

lol.

• Eblinn

This is so unique! I love the title. I adore your writing. Incredible!!

*sighs dreamily* i would buy your poetry if it was down in a book

• inanutshell

oh wow can't believe i didnt see this sooner but this is a really great use of the dictionary-like format of writing! the definition 'in the place of sorrow, bring me familiarity' warmed my heart, i really love this & your creativity <3

• mia_:)

OH MY GOODNESS this is amazing! The formatting and flow are fabulous (phew, alliteration) and I love how beautifully you express what refuge truly is! <3

• Wicked!

Beautifully written!

my god this is incredible, you've definitely made good use of this prompt
    replying: ah, of course <3 and thank you for nominating me!

wow this really is amazing. don't feel bad about republishing pieces :) but wow this piece really is amazing.
    replying: it alright <3

• naomi ling

sorry for publishing AGAIN i'm awfully indecisive with wording

“ // we first meet in our dreams, fantasies that we cannot live up to. only when we smash our hazy glasses on the unforgiving earth do we truly see.” you’re an actual genius. beautiful work, naomi!!

• PouringOutTheSun

i’ve never been terribly good at expressing myself when i come across a piece i like, the words never seem enough for what i feel, but this is gorgeous, truly. it’s a fantastic piece