crow_e

23 neurotic crows in a recycled flesh suit
he/him || 17 || intp-t || lgbtq+
prosaic poet & sci-fantasy fiction writer
community ambassador alum [summer 2020]
published in wtw review issue 2.2
standing in solidarity with those angry

active? nah. still around sometimes though

refuge: in body, in soul

PROMPT: Refuge

11

refuge is the place where it doesn't matter that you're not wearing a binder, or that you don't even have one.
refuge is the place where your body feels less like a lump of flesh and more like a place of peace. 
refuge is the place where your deadname isn't even an afterthought.
refuge is the place where any reminders that come up can be dealt with softly, gently, folded away.
refuge is the group of other people who welcome you with arms open, where you care and are cared for. 
refuge is the group of people who you hold and are held by when the sky feels like it's about to fall.
refuge is the group of people who have become your shelter, after years of fake friends and lies and loneliness.

refuge is the place you can wipe away what you've painted on, feel a fresh breath of air on the skin that is truly yours

having been in quarantine since march, i really miss my friends! so much so that this morning i was almost tearfully nostalgic about being [lovingly] teased for looking like a twink. i never fully realised that i had a community of people until i had to leave them, and it's kind of sad :)

1

• maxaroni and cheese

you're still in my top five favorite twinkle of all time list don't worry

Hey, at least we are friends or at least peers on here, right?:)

• mia_:)

Agree with all of these! And this is so well written! This hit me hard in the feels; missing my friends too! <3

This is lovely!
    Replying- thank you? Lol i’m not quite sure i get what you mean? If you mean it’s too close to somebody else i will change it, just tell me :)

quarantine’s really got us all missing our friends huh :’(