Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

keepsunnyaroundfoundation.cake.org (credit: happy butterfly)

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

Stories of the Sea

11

I wonder, does the Sea get lonely when the Sun is blocked by clouds? Is she terrified of the Gales sent by the unforgiving Storm? Her thrashing is frenzied as if spurred on by the insatiable urge to escape. The Storm acts like a cruel master, forcing her to fight against Mankind in a battle more brutal than those of the Roman Colosseum.
    But look at this scene with different eyes. Is the Sea scared or merely craving excitement? Perhaps she whispers messages on the Wind to be carried to the Storm, and he listens. He turns Light into Darkness, giving the Sun time to rest and providing the Shadows as a stage for the Sea's dance of joy. She tumbles and rolls, forgetting everything but this moment, her moment.

Next time You look out at the World,
    Do not curse the things you see.
Instead, hear Stories yet unheard,
    And learn to dance upon the Sea.
This is loosely inspired by Vinter Vejen's most recent pieces, as well as the storm the forecast had predicted | a portrait of a stormy sea by kealoha. It has a similar feel as my piece Who Looks Up.

replying: oh my GOSH me too!! my favorite dress was this leprechaun green (DONT LAUGH I WAS NINE) one with ten million sequins and i wore it so proudly LOL. i’ve grown to expand my closet beyond that but i look back on it fondly. and oh my gosh i totally relate with being in the higher classes. my classmates would be taking their turn to read something and they’d be like “uhh....s-s-“ and i’m like “that says solar.” LOL i think a lot of writers probably have the same experience of getting bored...i’m also in some higher kid classes (ap calculus) so i think i can also relate to your superior theatrical production class skills, too, in a way LOL

• elliem

Also yay we’re September birthday buddies!

• elliem

Reply: OH NO join my faction, I’ll protect you. :) Also, happy early birthday!

• A Certain Type of Decisive

I love the sea! And I love your interpretation!! Have you ever though about writing a little mythology fiction?? You would be sooo good at it!!!

• elliem

Reply: ah, sunny’s hypothesis is on the right path but flawed. What is REALLY happening with the WtW 16 year olds is this: the hunger games. I am among the winners of the WtW 16 year old hunger games. (Top secret information, so hush hush).

P.S. this TOTALLY isn’t sarcastic...what, it’s not! I swear!

P. P. S. Thank you as always for your sweet words. I always smile when I see your comments on my pieces. <3 Much love and have a great day/night!

Replying - Yes, ofc, you can lower it to 150 if that’s best for you :)!

replying: oh, our top three are the same! physical touch was 23% and quality time was 22%. my acts of service was so low it was all the way at 3% LOL

This piece is cool!

• V-Poinsettia (V-Rose) #holidayvibes

Thanks for your comment on Chapter 9 of Death's Tales. I will keep that in mind and begin finding flaws immediately.

*comment ;)

Oh, this is lovely! It's so so pretty, and I love
    ' But look at this scene with different eyes. Is the Sea scared or merely craving excitement? Perhaps she whispers messages on the Wind to be carried to the Storm, and he listens.'

It's so enchanting! I love the capitalization, haha, that's one of my trademarks. You use it so gorgeously.

The last stanza, the one in italics, is like something out of a song, it's beautiful! Well done!

Replying- Thanks for your lovely comments Anne!

wow, this is so folklore like and majestic!! it sounds like the beginning to a fantasy novel, like something a bard would sing in a village! i love that!