a_myriad_of_stars_07

15 // Sophmore
Hi! I'm Hailey, and I love to read the Book of Mormon, eat Chipotle burritos, dance like a crazy maniac in my room, lose brain cells in Chem, belt Hamilton at the top of my lungs, compose music on my piano, oh, and write :)

This is kind of my goodbye to my account, a_myriad_of_stars07. I made amazing memories, and the worst I've ever had on this account. Lately, I've felt that I need to change, step into the sun, and focus on my mental health. I want a brand new start- and I guess I'm starting with WtW, one of the places I feel most connected. sun_is_still_shining is my new account, and I can't wait to make new memories there:)

A Myriad of Stars

4
I was a myriad of stars- 
thousands of thoughts sprinkled in the dark. 
Each floated alone in the dark abyss 
but was still inseparably connected to another by the irreplaceable forces of fate. 

I sat in my darkness,  
letting constellations form in strange patterns around me. 
I watched as the wild creation took shape 
into a form of me that I could no longer recognize. 
The scripted stars of plastic became my identity as I molded under others' gravity. 
Scared, the facades of my atmosphere grew thicker 
To protect my small iron core that was growing weaker. 

But now I'm awake 
And I dance under the blanket of stars,  
instead of letting its darkness extinguish my sunbeams in its heavy, navy, velvet fists. 
I am now a galaxy of my own, with innumerable stars and planets of my God's design 
filling my past, present, and future. 

Others' gravity was once the author of my destiny; 
writing my future in a perfect, curvy script. 
I'm now taking the pencil, rewriting my stars freehand,  
and ripping the eraser from the back. 

The earth wrote a girl who fit in and was shining bright- 
A myriad of stars, inseparable connected in a pristine fashion. 
But now she's a messy, glorious galaxy of her Father's creation. 
I'm ready to take my first flight.
I'm posting this on both my old account and new account...Might repost some of my older pieces too (there's a few that I can't let go of just yet);)
Also, shout out to Anne Blackwood, who really helped me through this time. Thanks for the kind words and reaching out- it really means the world to me that you would do something like that for me:) 
Thanks for listening:)

Wonderful piece!! I'm so glad I was able to be a listening ear. You're so cool, and I totally support this decision. <3

this is a brilliant piece. i love your message in the end and how you're taking a new step. i'll see you on your new account then <3 ;)