sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

the world’s not perfect, but it’s not so bad, as alec benjamin sung. it can be gorgeous, sometimes. <3

the world still spins, and that can be enough

30

the world promises that it will still spin tomorrow, and for now, that is enough

for sometimes, the grass in your backyard likes to curl around your ankles in gentle butterfly kisses and
sometimes, the nectarines from the farmer’s market are ripe and plump and ever so sweet

and sometimes, the surface of the lake’s water adores embracing you and soothing your tanned, reddened skin
and sometimes, the stars in the dark bowl of the night sky are close enough for you to reach up and take silver spoonfuls of

and sometimes, the river water is bitingly cold, but flows just right to go tubing in, for tilting your head back and drinking limeade from a plastic cup
and sometimes, the afternoon breeze is a welcome, cooling breath during a picnic with your friend on your feverish stone patio

sometimes, the dragonflies that come to tease you while you sit on your porch are iridescent shades of azure and emerald
and sometimes, the crepe myrtle trees will bloom and gift you with blossoms and pearl pink petals that will fall into your friend’s hair, and you will hold her hand and laugh, head knocking against its trunk 

and you don’t think of much when you lay in your backyard’s sun-warmed grass, soft blades caressing your cheek, cheeks flushing from the lazy evening sunbeams

and with all of these, the world still spins, and sometimes, that is enough
-i write quite a few things about hurt/anger, and i think it’s alright to feel upset, but i wrote this to remind myself that the world isn’t all that bad sometimes. life can be ever so gentle, and i tried to write about the softest things that you can find beauty in
-if i was a stronger person then i’d make this longer but i got too happy-sad and i am weak. i’m a little weakling. an absolute wimp. i don’t have the mental fortitude to caramelize an onion, i’m just not strong enough to do so

wow! this poem is my exact aesthetic, or i suppose what i want my aesthetic to be. loved the line about taking "silver spoonfuls" of the night sky, that was just beautiful, and also loved the line about the grass giving butterfly kisses- that's exactly why i liked to lie in the grass in the summer so much as a kid, and that metaphor captures it so well!

• elliem

Oh my gosh. Sunny!! This is so gorgeous. I don't know how else to say it. I can't choose a favourite line. I often feel the same way. :( I don't know if this helps at all, but apparently crying/letting people know when you're in pain is actually a sign of strength!! (A lot of people believe that crying makes you weak but it actually makes you stronger because it means you are brave enough to show vulnerability in front of others.)

• Eblinn

My jaw literally dropped with every line I read. This. is. gorgeous!!
    "and sometimes, the stars in the dark bowl of the night sky are close enough for you to reach up and take silver spoonfuls of"
    "and sometimes, the crepe myrtle trees will bloom and gift you with blossoms and and pearl pink petals that will fall into your friend’s hair, and you will hold her hand and laugh, head knocking against its trunk "
    Everything about this is magnificent and I adore it.
    Please don't look at yourself as a weakling, you are absolutely amazing and I'm sure there are people close to you who wouldn't hesitate to remind you :)
    Thank you so much for the comment you left me, it made my day! Your comments always encourage me, you surely have a gift for making people happy.

• Gabriel Goodwin

This was very cute to read!!! UwU

• Wicked!

This is so beautiful! Reading it made me feel all warm and nice inside, though also 'too happy-sad' because yes, I'm weak. But this honestly is such a gorgeous piece and has some really great imagery.

• mia_:)

wow that was a long comment *faints*

• mia_:)

grrr now i want nectarines . . . you are so not a weakling! i've never seen someone wield a theoretical chainsaw with as much passion! plus, caramelizing an onion takes like 3 hours so your mental fortitude is tip-top if that even crosses your mind! the message is so bittersweet and positive and dug up a whole lot of nostalgia i didn't even know i had! the use of second person made this hit even harder! i also love the small details, like the limeade in the plastic cup; it makes the piece more real and personal.
    "and sometimes, the crepe myrtle trees will bloom and gift you with blossoms and pearl pink petals that will fall into your friend’s hair, and you will hold her hand and laugh, head knocking against its trunk" is this not the most beautiful thing ever? i had never heard of a crepe myrtle tree before (the name sounds so pretty) so i looked it up and was like 'whoa these are everywhere in my neighborhood!' so, you lead to a ground-breaking realization about plant identification! *applause* but seriously, this line is so beautiful, and the part about the tree 'gifting' you the blossoms makes it feel so special. and the part about your friend! i'm cryyyying!
    "and sometimes, the stars in the dark bowl of the night sky are close enough for you to reach up and take silver spoonfuls of" this is so beautiful and creative! great metaphor (or do you actually eat stars? if so, please reveal your secrets because i bet they taste amazing!)
    this is a beautiful piece, just like everything you write! take care, chainsaw-equipped gremlin! <3<3

Replying- oh my God, thank you! I'm excited to read it, lovely. That's kind of you you little muffin muppet of stars

This is so stunning!! I am speechless you little rabbit on a sizzling hyena.
    'sometimes, the nectarines from the farmer’s market are ripe and plump and ever so sweet'
    This makes me so so nostalgic! You did a lovely job!
    Replying- Thanks for your sweet comments! And yes, that is Russian for one and two ;>

Replying: oh cool I love those too! It's so hard to choose but I think my favourites are I'm not a cynic because it's so relatable and just amazing, I also love matching the rain and alamo and the book of you and I. Lol sorry i know that's like half of it but it's just too good!

1.This is so beautiful!!!
    2.You are not weak ,don't tell yourself that because you'll believe it.YOU ARE STRONG.*tells you this even though I sometimes call myself weak too lol*
    3. I ALSO LOVE ALEC BENJAMIN! He's my favorite artist ,I love how he tells stories and just ughh everything. Have you listened to his new album? It's so good I love it so much.

• inanutshell

the imagery you've created here is amazing! 'the stars in the dark bowl of the night sky are close enough for you to reach up and take silver spoonfuls of', 'you don’t think of much when you lay in your backyard’s sun-warmed grass, soft blades caressing your cheek, cheeks flushing from the lazy evening sunbeams' wow, really love this.

• The Moving Finger Writes

Replying: it’s just the conspiracy theory that it’s ending then hahahaha I forgot Father’s Day was on Sunday!

• babybluelamentations

oh, i adore this. this is such a heavenly piece, and reading it honestly put me in such a good mood, i thank you a hundred times for that. it’s so important to see the small things that make life worth living, and you’ve captured them perfectly. you’re an angel, and you are not weak, darling. <3

• Samina

I am sorry! But if want I can delete my last comment if you have any prb.

• Samina

Hey, so I found out from Anne's piece. I am a big fan of Alec Benjamin. My fav is Jesus in La and for some reason Match in the rain, Water fountain and all his songs are amazing. I was, in fact, listening to my mind is a prison while reading the comment... Wow.

Replying: And I love that his songs are clean like I can listen in front of my parents without feeling guilty

Replying: That's it, I'm finding you and smacking you over the head with your awesomeness until you get it. Imma call myself a Benjamite (idc that it sounds like I'm a Jew or something). I love how so many writers are obsessed with Alec like I swear half his fandom is on wtw. A lot of These Two Windows is a tad depressing for my taste (not that I don't love me a sob song every now and then), but I adore The Book of You and I, Must Have Been the Wind, and Jesus in LA (I don't love LA, but I do love Jesus XD).

*breathes a deep sigh of contentment from such a lovely piece*

*then screams* YOU ARE NOT A WEAKLING AND IF YOU KEEP SAYING THAT I WILL COME AFTER YOU.

Also: Alec Benjamin fans (Benjamites?) unite!!

"for tilting your head back and drinking limeade from a plastic cup" nostalgia hit me like a 5 pound weight on arms day. admittedly, caramelizing onions does take a ton of willpower so *shrug*. wow is this beautiful though. it departs a little from your usual style but wow this is gorgeous like wat we stan a talented queen. "sometimes, the dragonflies that come to tease you while you sit on your porch are iridescent shades of azure and emerald" the imagery in this is just so brilliant (there are five ways to say 'good' and i use them all talking to you). but wow. this is like. i might read this before bed because it's so calming <3