aosora

United Arab Emirates

meet me there someday

don't swallow gold. i have two tablespoons of sorrow.

min yoongi

14

calico smile, fingernails nipped at bud
you are all i wanted to be

o my sweet marshmallow boy
slave of crushed shoulder and
ocean beds enveloping tinnitus ear
i see femur shards of my shriveled
thigh in your echoing chest

far too many words spill over 
empty dreams, soju shots
midnight terrors, you
wispy blond hair, you
tombstone shell, you
lighter fluid so whimsical
like orion gleaming in cloudless
december, i reach out to 
swallow your agony but nothing
stays 
nothing stays between my paltry 
fingers

o my silver lining boy
i hoped you'd have escaped 
the foaming fangs ripping 
muscle tissues in small 
blue heart, the kind of wound
that takes decades and innumerable
gramophone records to fill cracked
gaps in memory reels
three little griefs that last two lifetimes
bent over

i wanted no sadness of mine to ebb
(it was the only way i could feel alive)
i wanted no sadness of mine to ebb
(it was the only way i could understand
you) 
inherent cruelty running parallel in my 
veins (and yours)
it's been many rotting years and you
have crawled out of seductive quagmire
beautiful, dazzling boy too far to reach

everything has disappeared and in its
place, you in ethereal nirvana, glassy
wings and the subtle glow of happiness

will i get there too?

from me, to you. there are some sorrows you cannot grow out of, but you have, and i will always be glad for it.

• June 28, 2020 - 2:44am (Now Viewing)

• astrorbit__04

dude. i hope yoongi gets to see this.

• AutumnRain

This is incredible.

• Vrinda

Trust me when I say I smiled just by reading the first paragraph. This is beautiful

• rennygurl

From ARMY to ARMY, this piece is truly amazing. It captures Yoongi's depression, sadness, and stuggles in a way like no other. I think it's the vocabulary that really struck me. The description is so detailed and on point that I could imagine it vividly. The imagery is used brings out the emotion that you wanted to portray. Good job!

also upon rereading :( the reference to his shoulder really got me. the line “ i see femur shards of my shriveled / thigh in your echoing chest “ hit so close to home. i think it’d be invasive of me to make assumptions about your struggles, so i’ll try relate mine to this line! i tore my ACL-will probably have a lot of struggles with serious soccer in the future. yoongi’s accident and the end of his bboying...it really resonated with me. but anyways: to echo previous comments, the 7 boys really are lucky to have such a talented fan like you. <3

• Lone Wolf

<3

• jun lei

here's to afroongi the frog.

• amaryllis

Woah, this is stunning! I don't even like BTS... well, at all (*shuts eyes* don't kill me, don't kill me, don't kill me!) but I do admire them for the fact that they've been able to break the American market. Aside from all that, these lines are just downright gorgeous no matter who they are for, and I probably don't even no the half of it as i had no idea this was for suga until i read the other comments, much less his personal history. it's really amazing, and he's lucky to have a fan & supporter like you!

i woke up to this and my day is instantly brightened. what a beautiful poem for a beautiful man. seriously, the first two lines got me good, because looking at this idol who has a lot of struggles that we have and has gradually transcended them with his own strength, i think we all look up and can relate to suga in one way or another, whether it be listening to 'tomorrow' on a bad day or crying to 'first love' (cough cough). min yoongi is really who i aspire to be and i'm glad i'm not alone in that sentiment.
    "o my sweet marshmallow boy / slave of crushed shoulder and / ocean beds enveloping tinnitus ear" oh god this. yes.
    the next two stanzas are absolutely beautiful in their own right, but combined with suga's personal history and struggles, it just makes it far more powerful. i really can't even describe... "wispy blond hair" and that one thing about lighter fluid and orion in a cloudless december. that's beautiful by itself but the image of a melancholy agust d (i think this is what it was referring to?) just grabbing stars in his palm—i'm actually speechless. and the way you compared and contrasted yourself with him in the stanza after that, knowing he's struggled his way to happiness and wondering if you can follow in his footsteps. oh you can, oh you can. i love love love this. if he could see this- i fricking love you, you're too good.

this is such a great piece to yoongi, and i honestly hope he can see it one day :’) tysm for this

• PureHeart

This is so utterly beautiful, and a poem about Min Yoongi is all I needed to get through the day. Glad you're a fan too! Thank you for this