mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

check out sunny's piece! i definitely don't do it justice!

my diadems are but theoretical

9
/ the flecks of fools gold in the gutter reflect off your eyes / your eyes are like honey-streaked bay leaves / wring them out between the gloomy street corners and keep them at the back of your spice rack / oh, motherland, how you sculps us to your mold / you reach down into the sewer to extract your treasure, but your hand can't fit through the grafts / darling, don't you know that the fools run rampant through these blocks / you hold your car keys like a scepter, condemning all metrocards / toss us under gentrification's paw / hon, can't you even pretend to care? 

/ the sheets of graying rain sluice through your fingers / liquid magic, you call it, but i just call it misery / you can afford another pair of boots after the soles of yours mold / i jump under the eaves to avoid the splashes / we meet at the gas station and you flip five quarters onto the counter / i finger my single silver coin and push it further into my pocket / babe, please don't smack your filthy gum so loudly / why can't i bring myself to ask you for a piece?

/ i throw away my crown that night, as murky streetlamps fill the lot / crumple the manila crown between cracked nails / i don't need your royal decrees / i wince as aristocracy draws her blade across my fingertip, slicing it open / my blood smears crudely against my paper tiara, rubies set into gold / or are they? / i know what you'd say, that we make our own gems, but it's easy to say so when you have the real thing to use as a model / love, how could you ever understand?
partly inspired by sunny.v's we can rule the streets

I loved the line "i press together sheets of manila paper and crude staples to make us paper crowns / isn’t it enough to put them on and pretend that we command more than acrylic painted tin cans and dollar store pop rings?" from her piece and drew some inspiration from it! <3

replying: awww, don’t worry, im not going anywhere! the only reasons i’d ever leave would be if i’d go on vacation, get kidnapped, or when I turn 19.5. we’ll definitely still interact, don’t you worry your pretty little head!!! <3 i’ll recharge asap hehe thank u for the love!! <3 <3

• ElsaRee

I loved it!

I'm not in the writer's room rn but I had to compliment your latest piece for it. I love "i wouldn't be surprised if you filed a complaint to merriam-webster, demanding they remove those words or you'll sue." but I actually enjoy the sentence that immediately follows even more "that's exactly the kind of thing you would do." Wonderful work!

Replying: Thanks! It's a teen journal called Scribere.

• naomi ling

replying: thank you so so much mia for your kind words :")) this community. wow. i love it here. and also this poem is one of the BEST I'VE EVER SEEN you're amazing gosh

Replying: We did, too! You must not be too far away from me.

• elliem

Hey Mia!
    #rollthedice contest results are out! Sorry for the delay.

*bursts into the room* I'M LATE.
    there are paragraphs below and i'm here like OwO. this is so good??? bro this is so good????? question marks because you're so talented?????????? how?????????
    ok but like i'm actually kinda speechless rn so i'll just say: dis good.

• purplepanache

this is such a beautiful piece. i love how you've woven simply, ordinary things alongside deep-running, heart-wrenching images. they are all so cleverly crafted, so carefully thought out yet flippant enough in a charmingly poetic way. you are so full of talent im nearly in tears. and to think you are only 13? you have such a refined sense of things for any age omg.

“flecks of fools gold in the gutter reflect off your eyes” AAAA FROM WHERE I MENTIONED RAIN GUTTERS...
    “ you reach down into the sewer to extract your treasure, but your hand can't fit through the grafts” ugh i LOVE how you tie it back to reaching for the gold crowns, and then you expand on it and add how their hand can’t fit between the grafts!! that is such a great little detail and the SYMBOLISM. it’s PERFECT. and it fits so so well
    “ darling, don't you know that the fools run rampant through these blocks / you hold your car keys like a scepter, condemning all metrocards” okay that first line, i love how you use darling bc i really thought of this duo and how they call each other “babe” and “darling” and other casual affectionate names so that’s just *clutches chest* to me. and the fools running rampant really reemphasizes how nitty gritty and mucky they live! and the car keys like a scepter? hello, the symbolism of royalty from ordinary objects? perfect. and the “hon, can’t you even pretend to care?” is just AMAZING and it fits so well.
    “ liquid magic, you call it, but i just call it misery / you can afford another pair of boots after the soles of yours mold” the liquid magic and misery REALLY does WONDERS for how the ambitious friend really isn’t satisfied with their life, but the other friend is. and the pair of boots molding is just so fitting.
    “ babe, please don't smack your filthy gum so loudly / why can't i bring myself to ask you for a piece? ” i love how you used gum. it’s just really fitting—they’re really kids at the heart of it, and they’re running around and chewing gum, and the way the narrator is scared to ask for a piece? the characterization is off the charts here
    “ / i throw away my crown that night, as murky streetlamps fill the lot / crumple the manila crown between cracked nails” i teared up at this part. the way the crown was utilized and crumpled...you did so well with bringing it back to how they truly will never accept that royalty can come in the simple things.
    “ i know what you'd say, that we make our own gems, ” awwww nooo :’(
    “ love, how could you ever understand?” a chilling and absolutely stellar ending line! i love how this is a response to the satisfied friend’s question of “darling we can rule the streets, and isn’t that royalty enough?”
    i LOVE how you explored the other friend’s POV. wow. this was simply gorgeous. i’m seriously outshined here, man, i’m gonna print this out for real. i’m so touched? you wrote this—inspired by my lines?? i’m genuinely so flattered and in awe of your talent. wow, your versatility and creativity amazes me, and your imagery was just so fitting with the tone. the characterization was subtle but all the more powerful, and i can’t say enough how much I adore this piece.
    (ps, between you and me since you’ve obviously earned a spoiler: in my mind, the two of them reach a compromise and live better. not necessarily gold thrones, but way better than rain gutters and smoke. and they’re happy in that middle ground!)
    love you to the ends of the WORLD, Mia!! <3

oh my gosh mia i love you so much....i’m still processing babie aaaaa I’ve gotta dissect this in another comment

IM SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAMINGGGGGGGGG IM GONNA COME BACK AND PUT A PROPER COMMENT BECAUSE THIS IS THE BEST THING MY EYES HAVE EVER LAID EYES ON