Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

I wrote this last night because I couldn't sleep. I also designed a piece of clothing for the first time in a while. It's a pale blue sweatshirt I call the "heart on my sleeve" because it has a bunch of watermelon pink hearts going up the sleeves and one over the heart.

Small Town Girl

9

I don't want to go to the store
And experience nothing but sonder
Drifting in and out among faces without backstories

I thrive on running into friends at Walmart
And avoiding the chatty lady from church
Singing in Home Depot without crowds to glare

I will always be a girl from a pint-sized community
Who finds skyscrapers a foreign curiosity
And yearns for conversations with the friendly librarian

Even if I could make a life in LA or NYC
I'd feel out of place without grass to root myself in
The city may be full of thrills and wonder
But my heart belongs in the comfort of a small town

I love the last line and am in total agreement, as I also come from a small town. I like how you describe your town while integrating action into the poem.

replying: junior year aaaaaaaa! and oh, well, at least spring formal sounds fun! going with friends sounds fun haha at least to me since i like to take advantage of the relatively dark lighting and louder noises to prank them and then they figure out by Monday haha. oh i also always joke with chrys that Wtw kidnaps all the 16 year olds (since I barely saw any at the time and only mostly 17 year olds) and that once we turn 16 we’ll disappear until we’re “cleared” to go back at 17 LOL. so...i guess we have that to look forward to xO

replying: oh my gosh SAME. once i entered high school i swear i stopped aging and i still accidentally tell airport security that i’m 14. also, junior year is scary!!! honestly, it scares me a bit more than senior year, so good luck! at least you have *subtle eyebrow wiggling* prom as a possibility....?

replying: the birth order book? i’ve never heard of that, but i’m definitely going to check it out now since i love that stuff. and yeah haha we’re truly in the same little “sibling” group of the big family of Wtw (if that makes any sense.) and i just finished my freshman year yeah so i’ll be a sophomore next year—and i do tend to be a couple months older than everyone in my grade LOL. so you’ve just finished your sophomore year and are going into junior?

replying: oh yay!! and whoa that’s so funny, cause I’m an only child with the personality of an older sibling!! and i’ll be 16 in October, so right after ya!

Nice piece! :)

*applause* I am the same ! My town is teenie weenie but I love it and the community like how you know everyone lol.ok anne yes we are triplets yes we are triplets yes we are the same person.*curtseys* then wonders if I spelled it right