>_the stranger_<

I have been here for years, once in the open. Now in the shadows. I have lurked as my memories lingered.

Prize for old name:
a follow
3 likes

Prize for alt:
a follow
10 likes
5 constructive reviews
5 meaningful comments
a shout out

The Hunt Begins,

I have been on this site for years and was once active, but now have disappeared. I want to reappear. However I don't know if anyone remembers me. So the first person to comment my username on a post will get the prize in my message. Limit one guess per post I make. Clues will be hidden in all of the posts I make. The posts will be named in numerical order, you can therefore find the first thing I posted by finding my post "1". If you want to go further and create theories about who I am, create writing posts and comment on any post telling me about it. I will confirm or deny all usernames in the next writing post. Please join me for this adventure. I think it will be lots of fun, like my posts the Hunt Begins to join.

[read my comments as there is more info] The Hunt Begins to find my alt (like to join, prize is in my bio)

11
Really quickly...I haven't been active on this site for months. I want to see if anyone remembers me though, so I will be active and want to see if anyone can find out my old username. There is a prize, which can be found in my bio. Thanks.

<the next paragraph was not in my message, read it, it has some more information>

I have unfollowed everyone to prevent people from tracking me down that way. I will refollow them once I am figured out. However there is one fluke that could make this too easy, so far though I will make it hard. Please like this post to join the hunt, therefore I know when to start my first hint. Once enough people join I will begin, so you can also follow me to receive notifications of my posts in your "following" section. Thank you.

I have been on this site for years and was once active, but now have disappeared. I want to reappear. However I don't know if anyone remembers me. So the first person to comment my username on a post will get the prize in my bio. Limit one guess per post I make. Clues will be hidden in all of the posts I make. The posts will be named in numerical order, you can therefore find the first thing I posted by finding my post "1". If you want to go further and create theories about who I am, create writing posts and comment on any post telling me about it. I will confirm or deny all usernames in the next writing post. Please join me for this adventure. I think it will be lots of fun, like my posts the Hunt Begins to join.

Remember...one guess per writing post I make. However you can link or share a theory post you have made. If this becomes a thing it will be fun. Otherwise I know I have been forgotten. 

(which is fine I honestly think no one remembers me, but I remember everyone)

use your thinking cap 

sincerely d- >_stranger_<
hehe let the hunt begin once this post receives...hmm...20 likes?! I hope my old friends find this. 

I guess you are also @oopsie too

oof i never put who i thought you were lol--dabolo? And from reading the other comments I guess i was right. this is fun tho can't wait for your clues ;)

• >_the stranger_<

So sorry for the delay, I have been busy. However the first clue will go live tommorow, that is a promise. Also yes my reviews did mess the original thing up.

• HelpMe512

Pretty sure you're Dabolo. ;) its in one of your reviews

welcome back dabolo. don't completely understand why you're doing this, but it seems like you're having fun.

• Cressida

I think I found your old username as well, but I'm excited for the new competition! This is pretty interesting

• Halopoet

K imma join thissss. It's gonna be cool

• >_the stranger_<

Fine...you can guess the username lol. I will not confirm or deny yet though. I'll do that tomorrow in the first clue.

• spectral

now that it is no longer the objective, may we say the username?

• >_the stranger_<

@Stone of Jade Tomorrow/later today I will leave the first clue. You can guess in the comments there.

• >_the stranger_<

@pkrockin Cool. :)
    @Stone of Jade Thats fine, I think you'll enjoy the mystery.

Also I made an edit to the competition. Now its not finding my old username, but an alt account. (the account has already been made) Below in the comments is more information on this.
    [I just don't want the competition to be so short because I failed to cover up my tracks lol]

Okay--sorry for so many comments but I just saw your edit--how do we tell you the username we think it is?

Acyually--im not gonna guess. I am very interested in the clues you have planned. plus, altho reviews are awesome and super helpful--i like mysteries more ;)

• spectral

i found something that you didn't delete that may be a giveaway?

• >_the stranger_<

Edit: Since I'm pretty sure @pineapples has already found out I am changing the competition a little. You can still try to find my old username, but that isn't the challenge anymore. However if you find my old username I will give you a follow. :)

The new challenge is to find out an alt account. I will keep everyone posted. So everyone can still follow this account for the news and clues, but you'll need to find a different account. This also makes it easier for people who just recently joined. Thank you.

I haven't been here long but I think I know what ur username is. I'm prob wrong but i'll def try to guess on ur next post!

• >_the stranger_<

Also I think I'll have more prizes for people so if you did find out, other people still have a shot at great prizes.

• >_the stranger_<

Ok so pineapples, you probably did find me. I find something I could never cover up, but ill try to.

• >_the stranger_<

@pkrockin I checked the wayback machine and it only has one snapshot that I could find, and it was from today. So that won't (probably) be an issue.

@Jason_claire:) Thanks, I wanted to create an event to not only engage the community to do something fun during the times we are in, but also see who actually remembers me. I don't know how many people liked my work enough to remember it, so this was a good idea.

@pineapples You can still join, I'm so surprised if someone found it a couple hours after it was even announced. If you found it already, others most likely can too from some detective work.

@Ollie Octopus You can try, and I haven't been on for about half a year so maybe you knew me or I knew you wayback when.

@Aadit Pahuka It is indeed on. I can't believe so many people already joined. I expected this to be a couple days before we even got a single entry.

p.s. Thanks for all the entries, I'm so excited for this and have already started writing out a few of my posts. I will be doing a bit more things to cover up my tracks right now. o.O

I haven't been here for a long time, so I probably wouldn't know your username, but I can try?

• pineapples

Wait hold on, i might have ~accidentally~ already found it, should i not join...?

• spurtsofdarkness

Well, well, the game is afoot

• spectral

@stranger no problem.
    p.s. haven't tried it yet but wayback machine might be a way to check out the past.

• Jason_claire:)

I like challenges, I don't always win, but I want to try. Bring it! :) Also, this is a super amazing idea, great job on thinking up something so mysterious and smart.

• >_the stranger_<

@pkrockin Thanks for joining. Also I do realize that people on this site will have slight trouble with one of my clues. However I will make it as easy as possible for people to find the old username. I have tricks up my sleeve.

• spectral

haha i haven't been on here for long so i likely have no idea who you are but i guess it sounds like an interesting community event!