aosora

United Arab Emirates

meet me there someday

don't swallow gold. i have two tablespoons of sorrow.

vignettes of a drive-in cinema

31

two full moons sip qahwa by rose-gold dunes/ clammy scent clings to the july sky/ bitter aphrodisiac stripped/ naked in porcelain tombs 

nothing feels like nothing/ between gold plated molars and/ the glint in the smile of airy teenagers/ that birth the weight of loneliness in open graves/ they say the wound does not hurt/ in cold blue flesh/ in the decay of dead dreams 

all of the desert at midnight/ tastes like too much swallowed ink/ insides of unkissed mouths gaping like nietzsche's void/ there is no love for children who do not cry/ and madness seeped with kerosene/ kicks up a warm storm on shredded eyelids

kaze ga totemo aoi/ four rifts in the seam of being/ close the dismal space between hollow legs/ no red strings shall be born of vacant paradises/ lips cracked beyond droughts/ aches that fall asleep

kaze ga totemo aoi : the wind is so blue 

spring has disappeared and in its place, devilish summer. bolt the windows. everything is boiling. perhaps, a film?

1

Wow, this is stunning! I love your word choice and your imagery. The last few lines jumped out at me; so vivid! Amazing piece!

• kealoha

this is lovely :) can't wait to read more of your work!

• purplepanache

i read this i want to be this. you create a beautiful world with your words and i want to be there for some time.

• The Midnight One

Oh wow, that is absolutely beautiful, the imagery, my goodness!

“ there is no love for children who do not cry/ and madness seeped with kerosene” you’re on a whole other plane of existence because this is actual art. i agree: something about your writing just makes me want to make some sort of other tribute to it to do it justice. wow.

• joella

your diction is so beyond my realm of existence that i almost feel bad trying to adequately compliment your writing. if i was an artist, i would say your poetry makes me want to paint; it's almost like music in that sense.
    "tastes like too much swallowed ink/ insides of unkissed mouths gaping like nietzsche's void" ooh. chills.

tbh saying 'i'm underqualified to compliment this piece' might just be an excuse to not actually write a comment but damn, do i feel that here.
    "there is no love for children who do not cry" that's brilliant. probably my favorite line.
    "they say the wound does not hurt/ in cold blue flesh/ in the decay of dead dreams" dunno why but this just hit different. this whole piece is just so fricking amazing, your imagery and a drive in cinema wow. even your footnotes are art. <3