The Campbell's Kid

A Tired But Happy INFP
Procrastinating Writer and Author
Something Of An Ambiverted Mushroom Boy
Young Artist With A Focus On Animation And Character Design
Always An Ally And Hopeless Romantic
Supportive Dad Vibes
Stay Soupy <3

I've seen too many videos with #AllLivesMatter on social media. I wanted to share my opinion on the situation because I feel like these videos are just filled with so much ignorance. Anyways... I did some research for this piece but not much as it is mostly based on my feelings about the current situation, but if there is anything I got wrong please let me know so I can fix it. I am an ally to all people regardless race or sexual orientation and I just hope that together we can change the world for the better <3

Don't Try To Discount A Movement (Warning: Deals with social issues surrounding the BLM movement)

6
op·pres·sion
/əˈpreSHən/

noun
  1. prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control.

The white man on my phone screen 
Screams out against the movement 
He shows what he feels is oppression
For his cloud-colored skin. 
He’s writing #All Lives Matter 
And exposing his building blocks
Ignorance and intolerance 
Are still stitched into his core. 
We all face problems and persecution. Sexism, body-shaming, toxic masculinity, ect. But right now it’s important that we stop using these as a way to discount the Black Lives Matter movement. Right now we need to focus on how today’s society treats people of color. Oppression is alive in almost every group of society, but in order to change the world we need to start where the broken is most urgent. Racism is real and it is here today and we as the next generation need to ban together to end these ways of thinking. I am a white male who has faced descrimination, but right now it’s not about me. It’s about the people who are fighting for their rights, the people who are dying for the color of their skin, the people who can’t even walk down the street without fearing for their lives. That white man on my social media feed needs to realize that all lives do matter, but right now it’s black lives that need to matter most.

whew the BLM wave died down on wtw but boy am I glad to see this. awesome work, thanks so much for your words!!