elliem

Apparently, I'm 17
Come to my feed for free hugs :)
Somebody run through castle ruins at midnight with me

Acting
Dancing
Singing
Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
Petrichor
Soft girl/Dark academia mix
Virgo
ENFJ

WtW pixie

Thanks again to everyone who participated! I loved reading your pieces.

#rollthedice Winners!

10
     Hey, WtW! First of all, thank you to everyone who participated in this contest. I'm glad so many people were inspired by it! To begin, I'll list everyone that participated so that everyone is recognized for their talent and commitment to this contest. I was blown away by all the creative, stunning pieces that were entered in, so please don't feel disappointed if I didn't choose you! It was very hard to make a decision. I know that everyone is anxious to see the results, so without further ado, here they are!!

Here's who entered in prompt one:
    amazing grace
    * white mountains *
    Ollie Octopus
    ~Bryn~
    mia_:)
    chrysanthemums&ink
    Wicked!

Here's who entered in prompt two:

Boogie With Stu
    Wicked!
    Bryn
    Ollie Octopus
    mia_:)
    Cressida
    .amelia.

Here's who entered in prompt three:

Bryn
    Ellen J
    Ollie Octopus

Here's who entered in prompt four:
    ineffable
    Dmoral13
    Klaiir    
    mia_:)
    AutumnRain
    amazing grace
    Ollie Octopus
    chrysanthemums&ink
    anonymous_123

The Winners

For Prompt One:

In first place is "angels are naturally cold-blooded" by chrysanthemums&ink. You got me, Chrys. This piece is both stunning and terrifying at the same time. I can never get enough of this writer's gorgeous style. This poem is so incredibly creative. I can't believe that someone can be this talented, especially at Chrys' age. The story she tells through this poem is unlike any other that I have seen on WtW, and it's absolutely beautiful.

In second place is "the remnants of past love" by white mountains. I love this poem. Your vocabulary is *chef's kiss* and the imagery is terrific. You are so talented, and I for one can't wait to see what you do next.

In third place is "frost queen" by Ollie Octopus. Something about this piece just gets me every time. There is so much raw emotion here. I don't know if it's because I've experienced similar things with toxic ex-friends, but this piece just spoke to me in a way that I can't describe. Amazing.

For Prompt Two: (by the way, I loved reading all the prompts from this category. I saw a lot of WtW regulars that went out of their comfort zones to produce fantasy pieces for me, and I loved to see that!)

In first place is "long live the queen" by Wicked!. I love this piece, especially since it uses the second-person perspective. (Which I feel is rare.) Wicked!'s use of imagery makes this piece stand out. You've shocked me again with your sheer talent. I haven't really seen you do a piece like this before, but I'm glad that you did because it was brilliant.

In second place is "nightshade is a natural killer" by Cressida. This short story is haunting and terrifying and beautiful all at the same time. It is so creative and such a great use of the words Cressida rolled. The dark, gritty tone puts a new twist on fairytales--or if you know about the original versions of fairytales, an old twist, which was really interesting to see. You are definitely a storyteller, and your work is vivid and creative.

Third place is a tie between "lady serpentine" by mia_:) and "The stolen sword" by .amelia.. "lady serpentine" is so descriptive and emotive that it makes me feel as though I am having a vivid nightmare. That's how real and raw mia_:) is with her writing. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Mia. You are so talented. Really. "The stolen sword" is really creative, and I didn't get another fantasy piece that was quite like it. Not only is it a fantasy that takes place in modern times, but .amelia.'s characters are sharp and witty. I really enjoyed reading it, and the creative take on the prompt was nice to see.

For Prompt Three:

In first place is "Double-edged" by the lovely miss Ellen J. This piece is so dark yet breathtaking (like many of Ellen's pieces.) It was an absolute treat to read. I really recommend looking at it if you're looking for a short story that is edgy and features a raw character with a tragic backstory and strong motivation.

In second place is "A Limerick on Rebellion" by Bryn. This piece, though short, is powerful and a great use of the prompt. You have a certain way with words, and you know how to capture a reader's attention with only a few words.

The piece which I wanted to place third, by Ollie Octopus, had been either removed or unpublished. For this reason, I have to, unfortunately, disqualify that piece. Thank you anyway for entering; I really enjoyed your pieces. :)

For Prompt Four: (side note, this category was extremely difficult to choose places because all the pieces were all so different and fantastic.)

In first place is "the science of caving in" by mia_:). This piece is absolutely breathtaking. Additionally, it was one of the only pieces in the romance category that was about breaking up or the absence of love. Mia uses a supernova as a comparison to the narrator (who we can assume is also the poet) in this piece. I'd really recommend giving it a look and a like. Truly beautiful.

In second place is "effigy of a lover" by chrysanthemums&ink. Again, Chrys gives us an outstanding piece that is full of imagery and romanticized realism. I couldn't get enough of this poem. You know when you read poetry and you can tell that it's close to the writer's heart because of the pure passion and beauty of it? Yeah. This piece makes me feel that way.

In third place is "glass tears and leftover rain: it's the little things" by Dmoral13. This piece was one of the earliest I received in this contest and still one of my favourites. I can't stress enough how absolutely gorgeous and heartbreaking it is. It made me feel so much!! Check it out if you have a chance.

Last but not least, while I can't actually give this person a prize as I already set the prizes for first, second, and third, I'd like to give a huge shoutout and runners-up to Klaiir, who wrote "Second Moon". This poem is so full of beauty and hope and love that I couldn't not mention it. As I said in the comments, it nearly made me cry when I first read it. (And it's hard to make me cry through writing.) Cheers, love. You are very talented.

**

Again, thank you to everyone who participated, and congratulations to the winners. For anyone who placed first, second, or third in more than one category, you have the choice of either receiving just the prize of one or of both. A reminder of your prizes:

First place: a follow, a shoutout for a week, 3 reviews of your choice, 5 likes of my choice
    Second place: a follow, 2 reviews of your choice, 3 likes of my choice
    Third place: a follow, 1 review of your choice, 2 likes of my choice

For anyone who was given first, second, or third, please reply in the comments with which pieces you would like me to review. Additionally, I apologize for releasing the results later than I originally intended. I just graduated grade eleven this week (woohoo!) so the last few days of school were stressful and busy as I had last-minute assignments to hand in. (Side note: it's so terrifying to me that I have only one more year of high school left.)

Have a brilliant day and thanks again to everyone who entered (a) piece(s)! I hope you had fun writing, and I'll see you around. :)

• birthdaycandles

I'm so late to see this lol! Congrats to all the winners :)) and thanks for hosting such a unique and fun competition!

• Klaiir

Awww...thank you so much for the mention. I'm really honoured. Congratulations to all the winners!!!

• Dmoral

i don't want to be greedy or anything, i just pointed it out since you mentioned everyone who entered. i know it doesn't change the placings. if you want to review you can-
    my body grows old before my mind wishes it so (alone, maturity hurts) #ekphrasis3 [Anha]
    (i'd love to know your favorite lines!! also, my grammar sucks so i know there are problems with that, that i'm oblivious too. but for this one, perhaps just very vague or confusing spots? and/or places and ideas i could expand on?)

but really you don't have to because i understand you already have a lot to review.

best wishes~

• amazing grace

Congratulation!!!

Thank you so much! Congratulations to everyone! And also congrats to graduating 11th grade! Feel free to review whatever piece you want!

• Wicked!

Ahh thank you so much, Ellie! This was such an amazing contest, really. Please review any of my pieces! And congratulations on graduating!

• ineffable

Congrats everyone!

• Dmoral

lovely lovely contest! beautiful picks! thanks so much for hosting! i'm glad you loved my piece! for my review....
    Confessions to Mother Nature
    (this piece i wrote in kind of a rush, so could you point out the typos and grammar mishaps please? or if there's vague, confusing, or hard to read spots? if there was a piece i'd want the biggest (constructive) criticism, it's definitely this one!)

p.s
    i hate to be that person, but i had an entry for prompt 3 too.....

Hey elliemccul, when your contest opened, I was instantly inspired by what I rolled. However, life got in the way, and of course I wasn't able to enter, but I've got the piece up and posted now, so I thought I'd share it with you. Inspiration like yours goes a long way, and doesn't stop with the contest deadline. Thanks for keeping me writing!

• mia_:)

Congrats to everyone! I had so much fun and this comp was so creative! Thank you for hosting, ellie! And I'm honored that you liked my pieces! As for reviews, here are some that I'd love reviews on, but if you see some different pieces that you can give better constructive feedback on, feel free to switch them out!
    Thank you so much again! <3<3

congratulations to everyone! <3. also, congrats on graduating!
    for now, the pieces i'd like peer reviewed are 'effigy of a lover' (call me cliche, but i'm actually quite fond of the piece), 'seafoam perfume', and 'murder of the mind'. is it okay if i only say these right now and get back to you later? *scratches head.
    thank you for all your hard work! judging all these excellent pieces must've been difficult! you, ma'am, deserve a cookie!

Congratulations to the winners and to you for graduating!!

congrats everyone!! it seemed like an awesome contest!!