Selfie

Kayla K

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou

Some Time in New York City

PROMPT: Album Review

0

There are songs you can dance to, cry to, learn all the lyrics to and end up screaming them at the top of your lungs in the shower. Then there are the songs you get married to and that hold special meaning forever. Most importantly are the songs that mean something. Music that pertains to real life issues and actually makes listeners stop and think about the world they're living in is music that has a real meaning. John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s Some Time in New York City, according to the track listing, has sixteen songs two of which stuck out to me significantly. 

"The next song is one of those many songs of ours that get banned. It's something Yoko said to me in 1968; it took me untill 1970 to dig it." John Lennon said this Live in New York City. "Woman is the N***** of the World" is the song that really got me. The N-word is personally a word I do not like to use or hear, but I will not shy away from it being used in works of literature