temy

New Zealand

17 // time traveller // nz

painting your own sun.

they say that vincent van gogh used to eat yellow paint because he thought the colour could kill his sadness. you test his theory one afternoon, sitting on the fire escape outside the art block. the paint on your hands is flower-bright; it tastes expensive, tastes like metal. you sit and you taste the paint, and you are no mad artist, even if you feel like one. even so, you feel different somehow. the world feels lighter, the air warmer. maybe it's because acrylic paint is unfit for human consumption. maybe it's because it is beginning to work. 

• van gogh's girl

Dang this is so cool

wow, this must be the most liked piece on this site! it deserves it, this is really darkly beautiful.

• IwillWRITE!13

"maybe it's because acrylic paint is unfit for human consumption." That part is funny. I like how casual it is.

• alicerose

Wow!!

• r|A|i|N

wow, beautiful. blackly witty and gorgeously written. i know this piece is three years old but perhaps its ever-increasing popularity is just a testament to how good it is. in any case, i'm intrigued by this piece and i hope more people continue to stumble across it in future.

• Cololo231

Funny piece :)

• paperbird

Crazy to think this has 32 likes now... I came from the prompt, October 2018...

• Johanna

This is like dark comedy... beautiful, though!

• JediKnightGirl

This is really creative and funny ("maybe it's because acrylic paint is unfit for human consumption"). It's dark but light at the same time

• Plausible.Poems

I really like this!

I really enjoyed this and the way you twisted are dark theme into it not so explicitly