Anha

ms. eldritch horror

"people often reveal their true colours when they are held accountable for their actions; there are those who want to make amends and improve their behaviour and those who don't."
- amalia costa (wtw alum)

no longer active. those with words to say can reach me on prose.

pfp by sara kipin

just reminding y'all posting weird political propaganda: i'm sapphic, i'm pro-choice and anti-gun. so basically everything you conservatives hate :)))

my mentality of "if you're going to do something, do it properly" really killed me this time | #appreciationpost

34
many thanks to the lovely jun lei for an excuse to make up for my past sins of not contributing to the #communitychallenge a long time ago. (i think you'll quite quickly see that there was a damn good reason for this.)

DISCLAIMER:
every single one of the people i follow, i consider to be great writers. i simply don’t have the time to give full paragraphs of praise and compliments to every single user. this is simply a shortlist of generally good work. in other words, a compilation of writers whose work i consistently notice. (please don’t think that if your paragraph isn’t as long as some of the others that you’re less of a good writer, i’m just an inconsistent person by nature. if you have more, it probably just means i have more to complain about.)

NOTE:
i’m omitting piece recommendations for users from section ii to save myself some time. i’m writing this on day seven of compiling this list and honestly? you can just click on their usernames to look at their writing. i don’t need to hold your hand.

I. FAMILIAR FACES, SMELLS LIKE HOME
  • a breath into silence
    • silence’s worldbuilding and complicated characters are simply wonderful to behold. the dynamics between her goddesses and mortals are unparalleled. paired with pots, these users’ worlds are ones that i would love to live in, just to escape reality for a little while. just read daughter, son, and godkiller and the shadows have eyes and learn exactly what divinity can do.
  • agustdv
    • afrah’s poetry is of a different caliber. every single line she writes is perfection, even if she claims otherwise. even her prose is exquisite. i never expected such an eloquent person to be so strange once that small barrier of courteousness came down. but never mind her conflicting  personas, afrah is one of wtw’s poetry goddesses - and believe me, we have a pantheon. (unfortunately, since writing this i’ve been informed that a goddess is leaving us. quick! read some of her best work like d u s k and sub-merged before she goes.)
  • babybluelamentations
    • emi’s another well-earned addition to the pantheon of wtw poets - if you don’t believe me, her perseverance is evident in her daily responses to the #apoemaday contest back in january. her diction is unmatched and she truly is the most talented witch of her age. i’d recommend capriccio and childish wanderlust (i promise they’re some of the ones i love the most).
  • dmoral13
    • dmoral is truly a gift to the wtw community. watching her grow as a writer has truly been the greatest pleasure - she’s risen from “younger sister” to “comrade” through her emotive writing and frequent community involvement. it wouldn’t be the same without her. give her some love and read revenge novel poetry and peeling layers of past from their skin. i'm honoured that i made it into your own #appreciationpost, and it's only right that i return the favour.
  • efflorescence
    • effie, you’re a ray of sunshine. there’s no one i would have rather had as a peer ambassador - you deserved that role with every inch of your being. effie’s poetry is powerful, beautifully rendered and worth reading again and again. the aphrodite of our pantheon. behold her beauty: sericulture mother and sleepless sorrows.
  • elisa
    • liebling, you have been the biggest inspiration for my writing ever since i discovered you. elisa’s poetry is so bloody important, it is the ultimate form of catharsis, and that we’re able to read them is an unprecedented privilege. i may be biased, but she deserves a special marble pillar in this pantheon. i’m glad we found each other. you’ve changed me for the better, truly. (the rest of you, do yourself a favour and read american poet and but always keep them on a leash if you haven’t already.)
  • fatpanda
    • i’ve been watching panda grow throughout the years - fun fact, she won my contest back when i was a relatively new writer (and properly rubbish at whatever i was doing). panda’s poetry, with its unique structure and stream-of-consciousness undertones invoke something within you, hits you with a nostalgia you don’t know how to cope with. the persephone of our pantheon, best demonstrated in these pieces: (in)appropriate responses to trauma and midnight writing, compiled.
  • jasmine_k
    • i’ve been loving jasmine’s poetry since 2018. for almost two years i’ve been absolutely enamoured with how her culture permeates every aspect of her writing, to the point where i am just a little bit angry when she takes down her writing to submit to litmags because i can’t read them again and squirrel my favourite phrases away to try and emulate her later. you don’t need me to tell you that she’s the calliope of our pantheon. check out some of the pieces she has yet to steal back from our hungry eyes: ode to all the things that taiwan is and retrograde / excuses for war.
  • jeily
    • ngl, i’m a little horrified that jeily hasn’t reached 100 followers yet. her work seamlessly mixes the magical and the mundane - asphalt and witchcraft, a sky aflame and a motorcycle ride far too unsafe to be romantic. jeily is an addition to the pantheon that i don’t even have to take a moment to consider - she fits in there perfectly. the apocalypse personified (you and i) and diary entry #478 are some of my personal favourites.
  • jun lei
    • the queen of community engagement - i think it’s to you i have to apologise to for never publishing my #communitychallenge piece. i doubt you’ll need this extra promotion, since you’re already popular enough for a wtw user to call for a day simply to celebrate your kindness. (but i would not have followed you simply for your kindness. you’re a damn good writer. you scare me a little, though. don’t try to find me, writers don’t like to be found.) to ache for the home you've never known and we want what we cannot have.
  • loveletterstosappho
    • gods, how can someone be absolutely gorgeous both inside and out? (i’m not hitting on you, i promise.) sappho’s poetry - with its structure and turns of phrase - are absolutely godly; it’s no wonder you took the pseudonym of this poet blessed by the muses. you truly are her successor. need i name a god to compare you to when you have practically been named a champion of words? speaking of words you’ve championed, lady of the lake and keramikous // ceramics are absolutely exquisite.
  • n.
    • your contest practically told me that we would be great friends in another life. whether you’re medusa or the patron saint of lady-knights, you’re a ridiculously talented writer with an admirable penchant for fucking shit up when politics gets involved. take comfort in the fact that if poetry was illegal, you’d be one of the first to be hunted down. the athena of our pantheon. to the hypocrites who raised me and my captain is a debutante: an ode to workingwomen are two of the best pieces of poetry i’ve ever read.
  • norah
    • i don’t know how you manage to be so effortlessly cool, eloquently give your educated opinions, and still be bloody brilliant at prose and poetry. if i didn’t like you, i would have said it was unfair, but the fact of the matter is that i like you so much - my respect for you is through the roof. you are mnemosyne, no doubt. i often find myself thinking about an incomplete list of things that have never happened to me: apropos of nothing and dust across the atlantic weeps with all the righteous anger it deserves.
  • poetri
    • there’s something special about riley’s writing. of course, the same could be said about all the other users in this list, but in this case, i’m using the word “special” because i can’t say exactly what it is - i simply don’t have the words. i think it might be the way riley invites us into her writing, into her life, introducing us to her friends and hometown in a way that makes us feel like we’ve lived our whole lives there alongside her. yes sir yes sir yes sir we should be ashamed and i am but a perfect fragment of life for my mother's friends to gawk at are great places to start if you're unfamiliar with her work.
  • pouringoutthesun
    • pots could not have chosen a more perfect moniker - madeline miller would be proud to have a protege as talented as pots. pots’ worldbuilding rivals the skill of published writers like laini taylor - i’d read pots’ work a thousand times over compared to “popular” ya books of this generation. i’m so in love with all of her characters - adoni, asmund, destan, antheus - all her children are exquisite and utterly human, despite their abilities. it’s writers like pots that make me want to become a publisher so i can make stories like this grace our shelves. what? you’re saying that this dying boy has memories? and he wants to share them? impossible! and adoni: a study of fire are literal pieces of art - i’m holding you at gunpoint to go read them.
  • ruthh
    • another strange one. i get incredibly strong younger sister vibes from you - skilled, yet somehow immature. (not in a bad way. just means you’ve still got some of that spark left in you that some of us have lost.) your poetry is refreshingly honest - all i can say is keep doing you. for a taste of her talent, read the devil who came to tea and who put bella in the wych elm?
  • she’s-got-a-story
    • though this isn’t in any writing you’ve actually published, your words “isn’t it beautiful that the rain has stopped?” still stop me in my tracks every so often. elle is the master of making the mundane seem like the most important thing in the world. please do yourself a favour and read her entry for the flash fiction competition, gravité (which she should have rightfully won). (also confession is mighty fine too.)
  • the contrarian
  • weirdo
    • another face i’ve seen grow up! believe me when i say i’m so bloody proud of you, you’ve become a right legend on wtw. i wholeheartedly support your purge (we all have dark pasts). (well, most of us. we’ve already seen that oscar is the exception.) weirdo’s poetry is dark and enticing, an aesthetic in itself. if you ever get a moodboard made specifically for your writing, i’d love to see it. the muse of tragedy, without a doubt. (and here i am! angry again! cos another deity be leaving us too soon. quick, quick, sneak a peek at the last piece this devil has leftnorthern downpour send your love.
  • ☆surly☆wombat☆
    • not going to lie, i may or may not be a little disappointed that you aren’t australian with a name like “surly wombat”. though you may have temporarily abandoned your post of “official parent of wtw” with the sudden influx of new faces, your poetry is still among that of my favourites. surly is like the mercury of our pantheon in my mind, fleet of foot and mind, perhaps a bit scatterbrained at times, but beloved nonetheless. a guide to the delicate art of losing yourself and 0.0354166667 (three kids watch the end of the universe) are two picks that obviously made it into my highlights. (they’re bloody good, read them.)

II. ONE FOOT OUT THE DOOR; THE NEWSPAPER BOY WHOSE SMILE YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH
  • amalia
    • i’ve been admiring amalia’s work since she published “once the world was.” so it pains me to see that her account lies dormant. but just because she isn’t active at the moment doesn’t mean we can’t appreciate the brilliant pieces she left behind.
  • araw
    • araw is one of the most technically brilliant writers i’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting and befriending. it’s unlikely she’s going to return any time soon (if at all) but please don’t ignore her meticulously written prose -  it’s worth it, i promise.
  • artificialaorta
    • artificialaorta is a right legend in every definition of the word. even though it’s been forever since they were with us in the golden age of wtw, i’ll still pay them due diligence here. they have some of the best prose i’ve ever read on this site - “gay pirates” is one of my all-time favourites, and a tragic love story that i keep finding myself coming back to over and over again. the more recent “dogs’ eyelashes” is also worth a read - a chilling folktale, emulating the oral tradition in written form. do yourself a favour and just check out all their work.
  • aryelee
    • aryelee only recently left, but i’m already missing her. her poetry and formatting set a new precedent for how beautiful writing could look, and her retelling of classic fairytales (especially sleeping beauty) are among some of the best pieces i’ve ever read on wtw. she deserves an honorary seat on mt olympus for her service, but i can’t think of a single goddess befitting of someone as great as her.
  • astrobhbe
    • astrobhbe’s poetry (for the short while that she was active) was exquisitely crafted in a way that i’m still trying to work up to. “my kind of story”, “blue apocalypse” and “what they did wrong” are still spectacular, no matter how many times i read them. i only wish she’d stayed longer, but we all have lives and hers must be more interesting than most.
  • jengelman
    • jengelman’s poetry truly is something else. it really shows that i’m terrible at giving compliments or just descriptions of any kind regarding to people as they are in their truest form - other people would use words like “ethereal” or “transcendent”, but i’m just stuck here reading jengelman’s poetry and sitting back in my chair and going “wow”. perhaps that’s it. their writing leaves you speechless.
  • muppet
    • going through this list makes me realise how much i miss some of these names popping up on the dashboard. i miss muppet dreadfully. there’s something about the way she wrote about the squalor of the street and the loss of dreams you’ve been working for your whole life that resonated with me to an unhealthy degree. i miss ada and lola; please read muppet’s work so you too mourn for what could have been.
  • r.j.elsewhere
    • what to say about rj… i’m honestly at a loss for words. there is nothing i can say that can fully encapsulate the person that rj was, that rj currently is. all i can say for certain is that she’s an artiste. truly, of all the prose writers i’ve had the pleasure of knowing, she has remained one of my favourite writers. if she ever releases a novel, i would have no problem editing it for free - just reading her work is that enjoyable.

III. FOREIGN AND CURIOUS GLANCES THROUGH HALF-DRAWN CURTAINS
  • angela chen
    • i’m in love with angela’s work. i don’t think that i’ve spoken to anyone who doesn’t agree that angela chen is a master of both poetry and prose. personally, i love it when a writer includes parts of themselves in what they write; this is most often seen through expressions of culture or sexuality, but with angela, i feel like i’m seeing the world through a different lens. chrysanthemum tea for me truly was an epitome of creative nonfiction. (and even if it was fiction, i still believed in the story wholeheartedly. that’s how good she is.)
  • burningmidnightoil
    • i don’t believe i’ve revealed my admiration for bmo’s work as of yet. allow me to rectify that. gods, bmo’s descriptions are positively brilliant. as vibrant as wine soaked into white carpet. there’s something modern and gothic about the way bmo writes, and i’ve got to say, i absolutely love it. check out some of their killer poetry: kitchen tile in the watershed and i'm bloated with impiety and the red sea.
  • eaurora
    • aurora is an absolute darling. i know i can always depend on her for stellar poetry that doesn’t try to throw foreign terms at me in an attempt to sound prestigious. aurora is a classic example of beauty in simplicity, in all the ways that count. when i say you are summer to me and monochrome are great places to start checking out her writing.
  • ghostlyglory
    • ghostlyglory’s writing has always been so mature, i’ve been a little intimidated to do more than just give a like and the occasional comment. i get lowkey vibes that she hates me, but that doesn’t stop me from promoting her brilliant work in my highlights whenever i can. a night i remember and roadkill are two brilliant pieces of prose ghostlyglory has written amongst her poetry, and i highly recommend them.
  • kate gardner
    • kate’s poetry, gods how i love it. kate is another member of the “making the mundane magical” club, and considering that she was the third person i followed, i think it’s fair to say that my admiration of her work goes back quite a while. and for good reason. kate’s way with words truly befits the legendary content she chooses to write about. ballad in three parts and dido to aeneas are stellar examples of this mythic talent.
  • marsan
    • i’ve admired your writing for quite some time - but unlike some of the other writers, i can’t quite remember for how long. your nine abandon series gave me life, i hope you know that. it truly was like stepping into a town so effortlessly lived in as both a stranger and a resident. marsan’s talent for tension should not go unnoticed - i’m inviting you now to read their brilliant work: 09/03 and if you ask are old favourites of mine.
  • oscar_locke
    • no other way to say it - glad you’re back. i took a walk down memory lane and looked at your earlier pieces the other day, and somehow you were never bad at writing?? i mean sure, you improved to be the god of poetry that we all know and love, but you were already ridiculously talented before you joined us. the much less problematic zeus of our poetry pantheon. bad friends and onslaught are killer pieces that y’all need to read for yourselves.
  • paigepaigepaige
    • paige’s poetry is so bloody raw, gordon ramsay would shed a tear. her style and formatting is beyond words, and conveys emotion that only the best poets are able to bring out of us. if only paige posted more often, i would have absolutely no qualms about naming her prima goddess alongside oscar in our pantheon. pieces like cornus florida var. rubra and cookbook should not be ignored.
    • i’ve admired rainandsonder’s work pretty much for the entire time i’ve been on this godforsaken site. their descriptions and prose are have no equal, and even after their hiatus, they wasted no time in sharing their amazing work with us again. on huckleberry trees & the violence of forgetting and lost, without a home? are absolutely brilliant, and you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you chose not to read it.
  • r|a|i|n
    • though rain and i have had our differences, i still very much respect them as a talented writer. rain’s poetry and prose have this macabre quality that does not shy away from rejecting classical romantic tones (sunshine, flowers and all that) and instead focusing on the squalid nature of the world around us - from comparing dying leaves to corpses, to an aging cat, no longer cunning or swift. drought summer and the global cold are still exceptional pieces, even after all this time.
  • scripturience
    • erika’s work should not be ignored, and it strikes me as awfully strange that she has less than 50 followers when her work is among that of our most talented writers. erika is another prolific writer who draws inspiration from the mundane in her own life and turns it into something worthy of poetry. please do yourself a favour and read everything will be okay. and blue-jello-blue-jello-blue. you will not regret it.
  • writers of the world
    • you’ve done such brilliant things for all of us and we really don’t give you enough credit for all the wonderful work you do. thank you for the contest compilations, thank you for the writing camp you’re working so hard on, thank you for that awesome clapback to anyone who thought you were obligated to work your ass off for them - it was truly a pleasure to read and contained pretty much all the tips and tricks anyone on wtw should read before engaging with the community or publishing writing. you’re an icon.

IV. A NEW PAIR OF SHOES ON THE STOOP
  • and_the_stars_laughed
    • to kick off this section of “up and coming writers” with a newly inducted member of our peer ambassador program really seems to show the talents of the incoming generation. to be completely honest, hyphens in usernames seem a bit presumptuous to me, especially if you can use spaces instead. but stars knocked my prejudice out of the water with their brilliant poetry, which simply goes to show that admitting your mistakes can so often be a beneficial thing. obsidian | a poem based on "Cleopatra" by The Lumineers and h o m e  are absolutely exquisite examples of stars’ undeniable talent.
  • aosora
    • aosora is a new new face among the multitude of writers in our community, and i’m so glad i caught ahold of their work before it was swallowed by the dashboard. (i do not seem to be very good at finding new work these days.) aosora means “blue sky” in japanese, and their writing certainly seems to promote this kind of freedom. read polaroid papillon postcard and portrait of a gas station at 3 am and witness the beginnings of this up-and-coming wtw star.
  • asta
    • asta’s prose is simply a joy to read. though their poetry is also incredibly skilled - analogies fully explored though short reflective stanzas - their prose, lowercase or otherwise, is like a breath of fresh air. asta’s skill at weaving dialogue and gentle, tender descriptions should not go unnoticed, simply read no gods can untie this knot and paint my sky to see what i mean.
  • cressida
    • if there was anyone i was to call stellar, it would be cressida. if her pfp didn’t already tell you her writing would be as beautiful as a dying star, just read i. oracles, oceans, and gods and its sequel ii. ice, death, and necromancy. cressida’s brilliant use of language is not wasted in any of her writing, and i’ve been absolutely taken with her work ever since i noticed it on the dashboard.
  • crow_e
    • no cap, i get good vibes from you, kid. don’t know why, but i like you. i doubt there are many active users that aren’t aware of crow’s winning piece for the poetry and spoken word competition, you will always be from alabama, and how could you not? even when i simply saw this as an entry, i already knew great things were going to come from this user. your writing is like ruth’s in the way that it is refreshingly honest without removing any of the significance in your words. you’re gonna go far, kid.
  • purplepanache
    • sometimes talent just comes along and shoots you in the head, says, “look at me, i’m worth it,” and you can’t stop looking because, damn if it isn’t true. i must admit, i’m losing some of my eloquence because all i can think of when i’m trying to compliment purplepanache’s writing is wow. read leaving behind parts of your soul on airport seats and the elephant and the dove (diego on my mind) and tell me if you’re able to put it a little better than i am.
    •  you are the last but certainly not the least by any means - treat this as a formal thank you for all those underserved compliments you gave me in your #appreciationpost. it seems like only yesterday that i noticed sunny’s work, and since then, her influence has spread to an unfathomable degree. and it’s definitely not for no reason. sunny’s work is absolutely stunning, in terms of diction, imagery, and community engagement. she is an absolute joy to witness, a close second to dmoral for the title of “nicest person on wtw”. actually, my name is deserves all the praise is has thus received, and calypso: myth of the nymph and the lies is my all-time favourite piece of yours.
some names i'd like to mention but don't have the words or energy left to properly credit their talent and contributions to the community: ayakashichrysanthemums&inkjyotsna.r.nraehyosrosemarywisdom and Wicked! thank you for your brilliant writing and community involvement through supporting your peers. i promise you it does not go unnoticed, but if we did these things for praise or recognition, they wouldn't be genuine.

i'm properly exhausted by the compilation of this list, so please don't get all up in arms if you weren't in it. i've done my absolute best to credit those i know of to the best of my ability. this piece is longer than the majority of my highlight compilations, and i didn't have quotes as a crutch for the word count, so i think you'll understand why it took me this long and why i'm not going to tolerate any shitty behaviour in the comments asking, "how can i be an appreciated writer?" these are the writers i appreciate. and they worked damn hard to get here, i promise you.
a key for the sections of this #appreciationpost:

I. FAMILIAR FACES, SMELLS LIKE HOME:
    those i know and love, those who are still active
II. ONE FOOT OUT THE DOOR; THE NEWSPAPER BOY WHOSE SMILE YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH:
    users who are confirmed inactive or are infrequently active; users who post and leave
III. FOREIGN AND CURIOUS GLANCES THROUGH HALF-DRAWN CURTAINS:
    those i love and would like to know better, those who are active or returning frequently enough to count them not inactive
IV. A NEW PAIR OF SHOES ON THE STOOP:
    new users with promising writing; not necessarily “new” to the site, but those who have recently piqued my interest

• Ella R. Baker

Awww, this is so sweet. Thank you for taking the time to post about the wonderful writers here. :D

how have i not seen this until now? thank you so much for your kind words, and also for taking the time to make pieces like this- as someone who wants to be more active here and isn’t quite sure where to start, these pieces are really helpful, haha.

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Oh my goodness, how did I just see this? Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm so honored that you chose to include me in this wonderful list of writers! You are truly a WtW legend -- you write incredible pieces and put together a wonderful list of highlights each month; thank you so much for the awesome work you do!!

Also, I'm not quite sure why I ever decided to use hyphens instead of spaces in my username to be honest XD, come to think of it, spaces would've probably been better. But I figure that when you commit to something, you stick with it I guess. :)

Have a great day and thanks again!! Happy writing! :)

• loveletterstosappho

anha anha anha i love you and your writing dearly. this is so lovely and i cannot wrap my head around the amount of effort you must have put into it, like you do with everything you post. you're an absolute icon in the wtw community and your praise has kept me writing since my first few days on this site. also i've unpublished lady of the lake and the ceramics piece lmao alkdjfl;kasfdl i wanted to submit them to lit mags!! so oops

• mia_:)

All these writers are truly amazing and talented! You are a queen and you chose amazing people to recognize!!! <3

• poetri

my lack of punctuation is sinful but i'm not redoing my comment i'm very tired

• poetri

oh lord how am i just seeing this??? aw anha i'm blushing, you're too kind. this looks like it took so much time and i'm so honored to be a familiar face like ahhhhh i'm fangirling and idek what over
    anyway thank you so much you're literally the greatest ;)

• Dmoral

holy crap anha-just thinking about the time this must've taken makes my head hurt. so like, big kudos to you-i could've never done this. now, to actually address this piece correctly-
    "she’s risen from “younger sister” to “comrade”"
    literally i joined in middle school and everyone from year 6 to 8 called me "little sister" and i think you magically hit my personal life with this to and dang.....seems i gave that impression off to everyone XD but the growth? i definitely see it in myself when i reread my older (awful) middle school writing. so thank you for noticing and i'm absolutely glad you love my work. your support is truly amazing! you definitely deserved that spot in my post ;). you're a huge part of the community too and it wouldn't be the same without you.

as for the sunny.v part-
    ugh, i absolutely love her too! she's so kind & uplifting & her work is amazing & ahhh! but a close 2nd? should i be nervous i have competition?! i'm kidding, i'm really just glad there's so much support for this amazing community, and her being a major part of that. and hopefully when i come back, i can continue to be a part of it as well.

i'm wishing you the best and hope you're okay, i'm eager to read some more of your writing when i find time. thanks for the love (once again) and you're an icon anha, or at least, definitely one of mine. best wishes, xoxoxo

Replying: Oh, sorry! I totally forgot! Is this a better piece to reply on?

• BurningMidnightOil

Okay, wow. You’ve done so much for this community and you always seem to come up with one more idea to inspire each and every one if us to keep writing. Thank you, thank you for the recognition (I had no idea you all had that much interest in my work??). And really, our works are unmatched against yours. Your are—I can’t even tell you how lovely your work is. I get excited every time your profile appears on my dash (I click your piece impatiently several times). Again, I’m so honoured to have been included on this amazing list of talented writers (that I should have no business of being on, really). Thank you:)

• Jasmine_K

okay, okay, lemme stop crying and get myself together to write a comment.
    first off, i want to say: how the hell is your heart so big? you give and give and give to this community and i can't thank you enough. you make this site so much brighter with your love. you do so so much for us. thank you. truly.
    next thing is-- 2018??? i am so sorry you had to read my early work lmao, but also thank you for sticking with me and supporting me and leaving the kindest comments. thank you for including me in your highlights with sweet messages. thank you for believing in my writing. my one braincell can't come up with a combo of words that'll properly express how grateful i am, so i'm just gonna sit here and thank you. i am really grateful though, sorry i'm so useless ssdskjk. you're an icon and we love you.
    also i am so honored that you thought i was worthy to be in this list!!!!! i would squeal obnoxiously now, but that doesn't fit with the ~aesthetic~ I've curated on here so i'll leave it at "i'm honored."
    okay! i'm going to stop talking bc this comment is getting too long. ty! ily! bye!

• Norah

anha, I am often awed by how generous with your love and appreciation is for the people and writing on this site. I just want to thank you honestly for the chance I have gotten, only in the past year (after being on the site for about six) to find a real sense of community with you and many others on this list. I respect you so much and you're clearly off to great things with your phenomenal work ethic and the amount of love you have to give. Thank you <3

so i've been sitting on here for hours just thinking about what to comment because you do so much for us and gratitude as a word can only reach so far in terms of 'emotion' but i can only say i am grateful for you putting in so much work for all of us. how should i say this... you're the icon we need but not the one we deserve.
    also, thank you for the shoutout! it's really an honor.
    ps. like sunny pointed out, the last paragraph was beautiful. get some rest. ily <3

• crow_e

i can’t put it better than anyone else has already so I’m just gonna keysmash and say shfjjsjf i’m honoured to be included and i very much appreciate all the hard work you do on here. also your writing is stellar and every time I see one of your pieces on the dashboard i flip out. we stan a legend

• the contrarian

I’m glad we got platonically married so that you could call me your wife in this. And then proceed to complain about how I deleted all my poetry, teehee! (I was expecting you to complain more about me, though. What with my dumbassery and all.)
    Also, I wonder if people actually have the understanding of how long these compilations take you. No one has any reason to complain if they weren’t in this or your highlights — I know how long these take you and you don’t just pull them out from thin air and be done with it all in an hour.
    Regardless, thanks for writing this, I love you, you’re a queen, and you’re insane and also admirable for making your appreciation post this long. And sorry if this isn’t coherent, I’m typing this on my phone and still recovering from my messed up ear.

• babybluelamentations

aw, darling, i’m honored. i’m so, so honored. to be placed in the wtw pantheon next to so many gorgeous, amazingly talented writers is such a dream come true. also, i love how even in your community posts, your beautiful writing style shows through. those section headings?? *chef’s kiss* please never stop being the lovely person that you are. <3

• Writers of the World

Also, the "they worked damn hard to get here, i promise you." I definitely second. As much as I love you guys & supporting everyone through the many things I do, the amount of EFFORT needed sometimes reaches my max. But hey, at least I know I'm making a difference. (Plus, I recruited help & now run this account with some else in a co-user kind of way so that definitely helps A LOT)

• Writers of the World

Thank you so much for all the kind words! I'm glad you liked my "clap back" XD, I felt like it was the first time I properly used my attitude to my advantage as well as the first time I fully stood up for myself on this account! The amount of time and effort in this piece definitely shows and everyone loves it, brilliantly down Anha! You're definitely appreciated by us as well!!

i see that ailia quoted about your astronomical levels of BDE and then she went on to add “ you are 100% hera minus zeus, as in, hera next door. goddess? check. top energy? check. badass? also check.“ yes. yes. that needs to be on a name tag somewhere.

• jun lei

this more than makes up! you must be exhausted - i can tell this took you ages. thank you for mentioning me, and it was an accident! i should probably confess that i visit your profile to read and reread favorites, because your writing is just - gods. at first, i was skeptical, and thought you were only popular for your highlights, but then i read your writing and i was completely blown away by your talent. i found the piece when i was slowly working my way through your published writing (i thought reading stunning writers would help my own writing improve) and only read the comments by habit (by the way, the piece is one of my favorites. your femslash is truly an honor to behold). i'm sorry i scare you, but i must say that you return the favor: you fucking terrify me. i don't know if it's because you're a spectacular writer, your "astronomical amounts of bde," as sunny put it, or the fact that you're just,,,intimidating. 

ps: if wtw has a pantheon, you are 100% hera minus zeus, as in, hera next door. goddess? check. top energy? check. badass? also check.

• A Breath Into Silence

This means so much to me... you have no idea. What a way to wake up in the morning - praise from one of those writers I hold in the highest regards. :')

anha,,,,,i was so :’))) after finishing reading and then you hit me with “i'm not going to tolerate any shitty behaviour in the comments asking, "how can i be an appreciated writer?"” and i bust a lung laughing. one of your many charms is your candor and how purely genuine you are. a close second to dmoral? that’s a hard thing to live up to, you know. how do i function properly after this praise? this was truly an honor to be in, and i think i’m seriously about to start tearing up. wow. simply: thank you for making my day. you can probably expect that i’m gonna reread this several times over. also, every other writer’s compliments on here are just so true and so right. love you anha <3
    ps calypso’s your favorite huh ;)

• sw

ajshahegansh anha im crying ty <33333

• efflorescence

asdfghj this was so sweet to wake up to this morning! haha thank you for christening me the "aphrodite" of the wtw pantheon; I'll try to do the title justice. the effort you put into making these compilations is one of the key things that continues to bring the wtw community together. please never leave <33

• fatpanda

anha, thank you. i don't think i've ever received a better compliment than "the persephone of our pantheon" and this whole thing had me smiling like crazy. you manage to describe each user in such an... alive way, thank you for the 7+ days you spent on this! ur a gem <3 <3 <3

• jeily

this was. so lovely to read. thank you for your kind words (i am honoured to be part of the wtw pantheon!) and for your constant hard work to acknowledge and bring attention to many of wtw's writers. to be recognised by a writer as developed and talented as you are is incredible in itself so thank you for your compliments, they mean a lot <3 (also these chapter titles, i'm in love)

• N.

damn it anha i’m crying! thank you so much for the killer compliments (and for recognizing the many incredibly deserving writers on this site!); you were one of the first writers on this site that i truly looked up to, and to hear (read?) your words of admiration now- you have no idea how much it means to me <3

• PouringOutTheSun

ur words are gonna kill me one of these days, anha. thank you so much for all you do, i’m like ninety percent sure that the only reason I’ve kept writing at times is because I’ve remembered something you’ve said to me.

this is lovely. the time and effort you evidently put into this is very sweet! you’ve got some of my favorite authors on here, and i agree, their work is lovely and deserves all the praise they get. <3

• asta

oh man, it's such an honour to be included with all these fantastic writers! you and your writing are honestly such an inspiration to me, so this made my day! thank you so much <3

• MarSan

oh god, it is way too late for me to be awake and writing this, hope i don't make any outrageous mistake. Im ecstatic to be included amongst these amazing writers, and most importantly, be seen by a writer as sophisticated and kind as yourself. Being addressed so personally was comforting in a way it usually is not. Also, there are so many pieces of yours I could analyze and discuss for hours, so needless to say, i'd also like to get to know you and your writing better (is that too forward?). Also the chapter names are just too cute to pass up on. anyway, I'm not too sure what I'm getting at here, except thank you!

• purplepanache

wow. it is such an honor to be featured here. thank you so much for those kind words, really means so much to me! youre the nicest human being!

• aosora

thank you so much for including me haha. while im not new by any means (in ways that would be cumbersome to explain) nonetheless it's always an honor to be noticed by you. toodles!

• Ruthh

I’ve just woken up and I was blearily eyed reading through this and I already know my day is going to be so lovely because this was so nice!!! I can tell you put so much time and honesty and effort into this and it was really amazing to read, thank you so much <33

• jyotsna.r.n

aah thank you so much!!! <3<3<3 you made my day