Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

i'm known for my long freakin' comments and highlight crazy reviews, but like seriously? life's been to crazy y'all, so bear with me, please.

___
p.s
if i call you "love" or "lovely" that's just how i talk, so don't freak out lol

my ancestors are weeping in their graves, let's sacrifice this messed up place (rebirthing the world sounds great)

12
trigger warning: maybe-yes? this is referencing recent affairs so there's that. but there's no "distressing images" i feel like. idk here's kinda what i'm basing this trigger warning off of psa - this is meant to be a safe space (in reference to george floyd)

finally mapped out all 50 states & later
that day tore off half of 'em and watched them burn in
our fireplace; i don't wanna visit places that won't respect me,
sorry mommy
. tell me, sixteen years i planned my life out,
just for them to take my *brother away? slang or jargon
or words be damned, what i say doesn't allow you
to take a man's life away. & most nights my white parents spend 
staying up late watching the news and glancing at their
only nonwhite child's bedroom door; praying their daughter stays safe.
i've played for both teams & tended to lean toward
the darker when it came to bullying, but when i tried to speak for equality,
they said i was much too lighter to know a thing. & yes, yes, yes,
my best friend calls us light skins, but i simply call me, me. but
that doesn't mean i bleed differently; if i did, i'd bleed the
blood of all our ancestors, 'cause what those christians are saying is we
all come from adam & eve. cliche as it seems that, 
a white teenager's baby daddy leaves & she gives birth to a brown
babby, that baby will make further than most ever dream. 4 jobs later &
10 siblings follow her & 1 bathroom too small & moving and remarrying and divorcing 
gets too messy----yes, that baby gets to dip her hands in it all (unwillingly).
but what hurts her worse is when the white privileged world around her
burns the life she's built, yes, even asking why she's the only brown one in her family
is racist in ways you're too naive to believe. 'cause why can an asian have a hawaiian baby
but you can't tell the difference? but when a caucasian woman holding a native american & you
raise hell in question? so the moment you realize in some way "you can relate", know, 
you can relate to every human in some damn way. this is where i sign off & leave you to interpretation,
which is ironic & dangerous since it's that thing that lead people to sinning.
*brother=in reference for George Floyd
____________________________________
Hi, I'm a proud multiracial American that currently dislikes most of her country but has to live in it anyway. Everything said is true even though I wish it was like most of my writing, fictional. I have nothing against "white people", I don't even like using that term, but there is such thing as white privilege, but not like many people think. I decided to write this as a way to express some of my opinions on everything that happened and is happening because I care and want my voice out there. Almost when to a protest a month ago, but my parents got scared at how dangerous it's all getting. Anyway, my sign would've said, This County is Suffocating Us! and the other side, You can kill the dreamer, but not the dream ~MLK. So yeah, yay, here's my mini protest piece I suppose?

P.S
I am in no way dissing Christians, I actually am a Christian, it was just a reference. Also, those going against the movements and racist fellows out there-some dare call themselves Christians and I don't know what Bible they're reading but it ain't mine.

____________________________________
thanks for reading & now i'm leaving...*kisses*

• Wisp

yes yes yes yes yes yes.
    Late to the party I know, but that doesn't mean the party has died down. This is such a powerful piece and it's still happening right now (and that hurts my heart. 4 months of social justice movements and yet here we are? Come on America, we can do better than that (I really really hope)). Your poem format is just exquisite and it really lights a fire inside of me. Gosh, this piece freaking needs to be framed and put on the White House. Thank you for this, it's so powerful and momentous and just yes.

• erin!

this was really beautiful, i could almost hear you reading it out loud to me. it may be a "mini protest piece" but it's so important to not let people forget. i see my social media feed going back to normal when there's so much more to be done.

• purplepanache

a powerful, powerful piece dmoral, i dont know what ive been doing on this website that i hadnt stumbled upon this earlier. your words have so much momentum, i wish i could write as well as you. '''cause why can an asian have a hawaiian baby
    you can relate to every human in some damn way.''-no, i lay my sword before you.

“ the darker when it came to bullying, but when i tried to speak for equality, they said i was much too lighter to know a thing” oh, the absolute power you hold, miss dmoral. thank you so much for your words—if i thought i’d looked up to you pre hiatus, i absolute lay at your feet now. this is perfect and refreshing and so, so powerful. being a poc in america is like *falls over* and u rlly wrote this perfectly and wrote abt privilege in such an eloquent but succinct way. kudos to you. and nooo u keep leaving :( hopefully see u seen?

• mia_:)

oh my goodness I am in awe! "finally mapped out all 50 states & later
    that day tore off half of 'em and watched them burn in our fireplace; i don't wanna visit places that won't respect me, sorry mommy." This is such a beautiful way to put a heartbreaking thing, if that makes sense. I'm so sorry that you had to experience all of this, but I can tell that it only made you stronger! I honestly cannot properly compliment this because it's just so good! *jaw drops in literal awe* such an important piece and I can't think of anyone better to write it! I miss you and can't wait to see more of your amazing work in my feed! <3<3

• Cressida

Ahh you've done it again. Before I begin, let me say that all of your pieces are so eloquent and are clearly missed on WtW's dashboard.
    I think this piece really hits a chord (especially with the protests and clear (and justified) unrest in this US). You put into beautiful, heartbreaking words the struggle of being African American in this country but ALSO the struggles of being multiracial and how people assume your "whiteness" somehow dilutes all of your struggles with racism and what you have to say on that matter.
    "but when i tried to speak for equality, /they said i was much too lighter to know a thing. & yes, yes, yes, /my best friend calls us light skins, but i simply call me, me. but / that doesn't mean i bleed differently; if i did, i'd bleed the / blood of all our ancestors" your point is so well put here, especially when you mention how you blood would contain all of your ancestors (because blood is blood, it doesn't depend on appearances).
    "yes, that baby gets to dip her hands in it all (unwillingly). /but what hurts her worse is when the white privileged world around her / burns the life she's built, yes, even asking why she's the only brown one in her family / is racist in ways you're too naive to believe." I can't even do justice to these lines right here. There is something so poignant about them, how no matter how hard people try, race will always get in the way.
    Overall, I am in awe of your writing abilities (you are a poetry queen), and even this lengthy comment does not even come close to fully praising the issues you bring up in the poem and the eloquence you speak about them with.

loved your footnotes. loved this piece. don't really got the words to compliment this properly (though i never do with your beautiful work) this one has probably left me more in awe than ever. thank you for sharing your thoughts :) <3

• poetri

"I don't know the Bible they're reading but it ain't mine." Same, sis. We're living in crazy times.