N.

i've never been one for theatrics, and yet...

september 2018 - august 2020

if i can't escape my fate, then i will make myself a story

[reposting after making various edits to message to reader; no more no-no words :)]

so the representative for my district just uh, voted in favor of keeping the confederate flag legal. i'm disgusted.

i've been on this soap box before, and i'll gladly get on it again. i don't care what end of the political spectrum you're on. if you're doing anything with the confederate flag beyond disrespecting it in some fashion, you're a whole traitor. you are flying a treasonous flag that stands for EVERYTHING america is not. you are supporting the killing of american citizens. you are supporting years of unfathomable oppression and violence towards poc. you need to stop and reevaluate your life choices or get out of this country. real americans don't stand for hatred.

honestly, if you support anything related to the confederate states of america, unfollow me now. i'd prefer to not have your support. please and thanks.

robert e lee is not your role model; he is a criminal who should be buried in a pauper's grave, if buried at all.

so you pompous, homophobic and racist fascist jon, my joke of a representative, i can't wait to vote you out of office in 2022. go stick your head back in the sand and keep calling the rest of us sheep. at least i can tolerate other human beings. this piece is for you!

i've been fairly quiet on the current events in america, beyond liking pieces that i agree with (speaking of which, contrarian and anha have both been working hard to spread information and links that can make a difference in the BLM movement; i strongly advise you to check them out!). i've been doing things in my community and on a personal level, but for the most part, my thoughts are not organized enough to share in writing. regardless, let it be known where i stand now:
black lives matter.

this piece exists because of your retaliation

17
 tw: focuses on current events in america (racism, police violence). nothing incredibly graphic, but upsetting.

it was never about you until it was about them,

because you breathe air greedily,
    unrestricted, 
    constricted by what you perceive as prejudice;
    you are owed, you are entitled,
because of course! life must repay the debts it never demanded from you;

because you were born pale;

because you built business on bloodshed and bodies
    darker than yours.
    door to door you petition for
    relics of hatred and hangmen, for that traitor’s flag
    you fly with sinful pride;

so proud of braxton and bragg you name your children
    for constitutional subterfuge;

so proud of your loser’s emblem, your muddled bloodlines
    (not that i would know the taste of that great american heritage,
    sullied by the blood of immigrant masses your grandfather so despised)
    that you graft it to your skin and cars,
    those stars and bars that you love like god himself.
    (you gave yourself the right to treason)

but the world is not your beehive and they are not your bees;
    hang up the smoker and pick up that tome from which
    you so desperately quote;
    am i a good boy now, i said my prayers,
    yes sir, yes sir, you killed your god!
    see him, there he lies! felled by wayward eyes and
    the institution you defend
because friendly brotherhood ends when
    they don’t look like you.
    (sorry jesus, you’re not white) 

because you demand to be addressed properly
because you’re not a loaf of bread untoasted or
    a cruel ghost of flame and horseback, no, never!

because even klansmen can be good people!
    and you hate that radical left blanket media because
    not all cops are bad!
    but oh, those slurs fit so well on your tongue,
because it’s not offensive if they’re beneath you, right?

you couldn’t handle the world not revolving around you,
so you called it a felon and demanded it shot.

• løne wølf

ooh, the last two lines hit home <3

• N.

thanks for pointing that out, A Rose and poetri- i didn't mean it entirely about his weight. the rep is very much a "fat cat" or "big cheese" character (obnoxious terms, i know) but i couldn't fit "scum-sucking capitalist pig who spits on the homeless" in the message to writers. additionally, he's someone who pushes the "real american food is mcdonald's" and "all americans should be fat" stereotype which really rubs me the wrong way. as someone who has overweight family members and has seen them struggle adversely with their health, it's something that i take very seriously and i can't help but view it negatively. thank you for pointing out my mistake though, i'll be sure to take it out when i republish.

• poetri

The fact that the confederate flag still flies in some places is so disgusting like, do people not have any morals? Wow. Just sad. This poem is absolutely angry and wonderful and I agree with everything you said. Very eloquent, very very good job.
    I do agree with A Rose though, fat shouldn't be an insult (I get where you're coming from. I do. That's just my opinion.)
    Good job again :)

• A Rose

Hi this is beautiful in it's (rightful anger). That second to last stanza hit hard. And honestly, anything related to the confederates deserves to be burnt.
    Side note, I noticed you called your rep fat as an insult. It's a small thing, but calling people fat really shouldn't be an insult or a bad word. :)

• inanutshell

oh wow. this is... just wow. this is so true, 'all lives matter' only exists to undermine blm, it's absolutely shameful that people don't see the racial injustices happening at all (and the flag! how is it not immediately obvious that it's wrong to celebrate such a racist symbol???) but this piece captures this perfectly, especially the last line. love this.

• Halopoet

Oof this needs to go viral. Such-such "cool" poetry and the extremely right message. Great job!

• asta

every single word of this is breathtaking! more power to you and i hope you get to run that pos out of office!

This is an outstanding piece that portrays the racial issues that humanity faces now. Well written!

unfortunately, i’ve been seeing much less online presence for the BLM movement, both on wtw and general social media. this piece really brings it all back. the confederate flag...my city has a popular theme park where the confederate flag is still flown, and it sickens me to my stomach. we’ll vote these ignorant homophobic racist pieces of crap out when we get older, i can only hope. black lives matter, now and always. thank you for your words <3

fuck yes. preach!! your poetry is everything and your message to readers says everything i've been unable to say on this platform. please continue to stand on this soapbox, i'll be cheering you on from the crowd.

• crow_e

those last two lines hit me like a TRUCK i’m breathless this is so well said