chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ.

this is half lachesism and half 'forbidden thinking'. you know, those thoughts that clearly go against your moral code but you think them anyways. they seem appealing until you snap back into your right mind.

i dunno, i saw the illustration for this prompt and was like: yes, i will do forbidden thinking. this was a fun piece, ok!

to the fruit deer: no, not this one.

btw, q&a answers are up!

i'm sleep deprived and waiting for bangbangcon to start why help me. also my food essay is crashing hard on that word limit ok gn.

murder of the mind

PROMPT: The Unseen

19

gruesome sufferings hidden cleverly beneath fingernail grit, you chew on your cuticles and spit out pieces of jagged rock.
imagine what a supernova must look like up close, dip your hand into a black hole and wash your face with interdimensional alcohol. 
if man could tame a flame, could you let it free? the fragrance of burning, does your heart leap from such a thing? 
if you could toss away morality, could humankind be regarded as a sort of poultry? the earth seems to be a cage, chicken coup d'etat. 
shiver from the intensity, perhaps you could tend to disaster the way you tease a child? raise it up, spill the sin from your skull and drink it, forbidden. 
the sculpture of all human souls, spilling crimson silt, could you reveal the true nature of humanity? of the man who longs for calamity?
tip the hourglass off the table, sticky sand splayed across life-span woven carpet. you can't scrub red wine off rugs, can't thread away the devil in your DNA. if you tried hard enough, you could set a hellfire upon the earth. 
narrowed eyes, long to crush the world in between your eyelashes, strike a match on your teeth and burn your home to the ground. cries from a cup, if you could smash ethics underneath your shoe, you'd cut this thin 'righteousness'.
avert your eyes from the heat, finger the bullet but quickly shove it away to the back of your mind. lips remain sewn shut, yearn to bite down on God's finger and spit on the dirt. 
the oceans would look prettier in red, lipstick can taste like wine, there's a reason we prefer the taste of each other's mouths over meat. prick your fingertips on spinning needles, suck the blood off and savor the burn of iron on your tongue.
forbidden love is everybody's favorite writing trope, why? perhaps you want to choke the ordinary and press the ignorant's face into concrete? make them taste their own metal. of course bury those thoughts away, those who give in only end up in the same place but 
    imagine if you could do 
        anything.

do you wish for 
disaster? 

maybe all of mankind is a murder of the mind. 

1

• elliem

Review in progress! :)

• mia_:)

CHRYS CHRYS CHRYS!!! This is a hauntingly beautiful piece!
    "the oceans would look prettier in red, lipstick can taste like wine, there's a reason we prefer the taste of each other's mouths over meat. prick your fingertips on spinning needles, suck the blood off and savor the burn of iron on your tongue." Just, wow. How do you even come up with this stuff? It's so poetic and unsettling and beautiful!
    "the sculpture of all human souls, spilling crimson silt, could you reveal the true nature of humanity? of the man who longs for calamity?" Great rhythm here and it's so accurate! This is where I REALLY understood the piece's intent and it was so hard-hitting!
    "if you could smash ethics underneath your shoe, you'd cut this thin 'righteousness'." Probably one of my fav lines, just because I love the idea of smashing ethics with a shoe, kind of like a spider or other undesirable insect *shudder* (sorry to all the bug lovers). It's such interesting imagery that really adds so much!
    Something about this piece brings out the wild side in me! It was kind of comforting(?) and I totally adore this piece!
    ps: I think sunny's a fruit moose?

Also, I totally get you on the food essay. I was working on a review and forgot about it. Is it too late to submit it, do you think? Also, I'm WAY above the word limit and have literally not touched it yet for revisions (I forgot) We'll drown in our forbidden words together, my friend! <3

• amaryllis

Woah. That is one supernova a piece right there. Congrats.

• mia_:)

It's late, so I'm gonna come back and read this tomorrow! But, judging from sunny's comments *shrugs* I am excited!!!! Also, better watch ur back bc i bet sunny would follow through on the “ choke the ordinary and press the ignorant's face into concrete”
    :D Anywho, ily and good night or day or whatever! <3

“ maybe all of mankind is a murder of the mind. ” if that isn’t the single most metal and poetic thing i’ve written...dude. what the heck. i’m gonna get that on a tattoo. put it right on my forehead, maybe on my butt. (kidding. i’m teasing you.)
    “ prick your fingertips on spinning needles, suck the blood off and savor the burn of iron on your tongue. “ wow, this piece is just so...powerful? like the darkness and sinister stuff plays so well into it but at the same time there’s this devilish energy that makes you wanna just jump right on board. man. i’m gonna go read up on those forbidden thoughts you’ve linked now!
    ps call me a fruit deer again and i’m gonna “ choke the ordinary and press the ignorant's face into concrete”. ;)