sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

i’ll be alright! no idea why i’m so jittery, but. you know. sunny’s just like this. she’ll bounce back.

give me a moment

16

take tongue between your teeth.
(breathe.)
skin pulled tight. itchy. you’re just here for the ride.

lick sweat from your wrists, dream of a cool pulse. (breathe.)
calm. what is calm? one two three. is it angry with me?
you’ll be alright. (breathe.) linen sheets—they lie a lot. don’t mind me.
do you remember me? sorry. i’m sorry. ligaments, sinews hurt. they don’t sing anymore.

(breathe. breathe.) being upset—it’s a safety net, babe. stay afloat. for me?
tell me to drown myself in something; i filled my lungs with panic
just to know how it’d feel. 
stick an ice cube to the roof of my mouth. second guessing—apologize.

breathe. please. you’d like that, wouldn’t you?
-i’m on, like...a weird downward mental health spiral lol. i feel extra nervous and panicky and anxious and i’m paranoid about if i’ve angered friends and i hate conflict and confrontation but every small interaction sure feels like it’s conflict and confrontation and. well. i wish i knew what’s happening! :]
-this deviates from my normal style by a LOT. probably the result of *vague gestures to my current state*. weird experiment. don’t have a clue what’s going on. don’t know a thing. bon appetit!

• Dmoral

"calm. what is calm? one two three. is it angry with me?"
    this line read like a train of thoughts and i quite liked it. also the first question, tungs at my mind, has me thinkin'.

"they lie a lot. don’t mind me. / do you remember me? sorry. i’m sorry. ligaments, sinews hurt. they don’t sing / anymore."
    these lines were odd, but i quite liked them. they almost hurt to read, you could sense the pain, but it was like soft pain almost. like, you didn't quite realize they were hurting you until after, once you've reached the end and feel a bit empty.

"you’d like that, wouldn’t you?"
    that ending just, just, *sighs* the pain...

this piece gave me shivers, goodness. also, i got a bit of agustdv's writing vibesss from this (but that might just be me). in all honestly, i did like this piece a lot. did feel a bit jittery, but truly it was amazing. and kinda felt like reading your thoughts almost

This is really an amazing piece; I love how you seem to freeze time in this style that really almost makes readers feel panicky. Great work!

one hundred percent not one percent heh *facepalm*

mental health can be like that. kick it a few times with a spatula, maybe that would help it learn where its place is (being nice and good not mean and sad). also this is absolutely stunning! its one percent one of my favourites of yours <3 hope you get your mental health back into form soon, i'm sending hugs

• asta

this is one of my favourite pieces of yours!
    (also i hope u feel better soon, much love <3)

• Halopoet

https://www.writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/173425/version/343950. You have been mentioned in this post.

• mia_:)

Replying: Thanks! And I might have a MINOR breakthrough on the writer's block! :D I'm probably gonna write something today (finally) *pumps fist* *hugs you to thank you for all your support*

• mia_:)

Replying: Ok, that's what I thought :) I'll try to lighten up a little, lol <3 just really paranoid about hurting someone's feelings

• mia_:)

quick question: I saw your comment on Chrys's post. Did I offend you? *sad face* *offers donut as peace offering* <3 Sorry if I did! <3<3

• jun lei

love, always.

this piece expresses this 'feeling' *gestures vaguely with you* perfectly. you're amazing <3
    it's alright if you take a break from all this <3. we all love you.
    i hope the next decision you make brings you happiness <3
    *<3 intensifies.

• mia_:)

I wish I didn't relate so much. I'm sorry, my amazing terror gremlin friend <3 I hope you feel better soon! And the piece is amazing :)

while this does deviate from your normal style of poetry, by no means is it any less incredible. i'm so sorry about your mental health, i hope it gets better my friend <3

I hope you feel better soon. <3 <3 <3

• EliathRose

Great imagery and descriptions -- this piece is really powerful and relatable. Wishing you the best in your journey with your mental health!