suhanee

Challenge Completed Writing Streak Week 11

0
Day 1:
I wish it were true that we treated everyone like equals. We like to say that we do, but we don't. We judge people based on the color of their skin and we characterize people based on the way they look. Recent events have shown us that people make decisions on who is dangerous based on the color of their skin. We are all humans but we find ways to dehumanize each other. Not only based on race, but also based on socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, and more. We choose to create separations between each other based on qualities, that for many, aren't something they have control over. And why can't we embrace our differences? Why can't we realize that our differences are what make our world diverse? We are all different but we are all still equal. And we all deserve to be treated as equals.

Day 2:
I wish it were true that I wasn’t self-critical. But I am. I get upset when I don’t perform as well as I hoped and I blame myself for it. I am constantly trying to become a better person than I already am, which is a good thing, but often I keep trying to do more and that can be exhausting. I need to remind myself more frequently that I am just a human. And it's okay to take a break from doing school work or studying to relax a little.

Day 3: 
I wish it were true that I could talk to animals and they could talk back to me! I mean, how cool would that be?! I have a dog and a cat. Often, my cat will just paw and scratch at my door and keep brushing up against my leg. I can't tell if he wants food or if he wants me to give him a hug or both! My dog will sometimes just sit down in the middle of the walk. I can't tell if it's because he doesn't want to go on a walk or because he just doesn't enjoy walking in certain areas or because he would rather play in the backyard. I feel bad not understanding what they are asking of me. It would be cool if I could talk to them and they could talk back to me.

Day 4:
I wish it were true that I remembered to write Writing Streak Week 11 Day 4 on Thursday and not a day late. I accidentally forgot :) .
Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 5:
I wish it were true that there was justice in our world. But there isn't. Injustice floods our world in every shape and form. We use one's race, one's gender, one's nationality, one's economic status, and so much more to define how we treat each other. We should treat each other justly and respectfully, because we are all humans. And we all deserve to be treated justly.