Deleted User

thank you
danke
merci
شكرا
спасибо
tak

you're heroes!

Thank You Healthcare Workers and Staff

6
You cover your face/bandanna of fear/choking your lungs/drying your tears
                                                                    as -
                                                                        they -
                                                                                 splash down/rainfall of sorrow/tie your shoes/walk a lane of thorns/rose studded boots of ventilator halls/
                                              They sound/ echo/ the bays are silent/ except for the beep beep beep of frightened hearts/clotted blood/ laugh/ its their time to shine/ they slide down the walls in horror and 
                                                                            Exhaustion/tiny shoes/pink lace/mama’s gone?/darling oh!/you cuddle her pure soul/mama!/
                                          Beeeeeeeeep-beepbeeeeeep-beep-beeeeeeeeep-beepbeeeeeeep-beeeeeeee- - - -/sob hard love/the moon cries along/the wind outside/sings a soulful song/ get up/ do your job/ break some hearts/ you walk the bay halls with a downcast heart/ you smile/ masking your terror/ the germs are crawling up you skin and you break out
                                                 in -
                                             goosebumps/love/darling/thank you/you go to work/we stay home/
                 Thank you/ thank you

• mia_:)

Our own real-life superheroes! Thank you for writing such an important piece! And you did it so well! I almost cried at the part with the mom! Way to tug at the heartstrings while conveying such an important message! <3

*a healthcare worker. blah.

my father’s a healthcare workers and I’m often very fearful for him, so this was touching <3

They really are heroes. To all the healthcare workers and staff that are risking their own lives to save others, thank you. Beautiful appreciation piece! Thank you for reminding us of these heroes. :)