Doodleninja

pfp is Thinker & Prose from my series "Stereo Tropes Co."!

INFx-T

Full-time doodler
Comic artist
Hardcore Introvert
social anxiety gang
Mexipina
Obsessed with music
Homeschool squad, yeah!

Soli Deo Gloria!

"You write so beautifully. Your mind must be a terrible place."
Always on the lookout for tragic backstories and broken characters. :D

I've got an ongoing series called Stereo Tropes Co.! Where story tropes run amuck!
Search up "Stereo Tropes Co." to find the pieces.
If you want to read them in order, follow the numbers in the titles :)

A Sentient Ball of Goop is Ravaging the City but All This Kid Wants Is His Xbox | Stereo Tropes Co. (5) | #Conficiens

17

THE STEREOTYPICAL TIMES
--Bringing you same old, same old, since the dawn of the universe--

After a large goopy creature of undeterminable size began wrecking havoc on the metropolis of Just Another City, many citizens wondered how it got there, who sent it, and if their insurance rates would be affected by this disastrous event. 

However, many quickly recognized the large seal on the creature's back: Stereo Tropes Co.

"I've bought products from them before," one bystander told me. "And this creature must've escaped their factories or something!"

Of course, the burning questions on everyone's mind was: how would they stop it?

A representative from Stereo Tropes Co., a man named Thinker, appeared on the scene, fluffing his hair and checking his face in a compact mirror before talking with me. 

"We know just how to combat this! Have no fear!" he crowed as crowds panicked around him. He brought forth another Stereo Tropes Co. product, whose description read: Platinum Limited Edition Vintage Reluctant Hero. 

He looked at it, perplexed. "Oh. I thought I grabbed the bazooka," he said, then shrugged his mistake off. I wondered how he could've gotten the two confused and if he was really the right person to send into a battle zone. 

As the creature leaked its goopy-ness onto many skyscrapers, including Big Bad Corporation Tower, Thinker activated the Reluctant Hero. 

Immediately the product cowered in fear in a fetal position on the street.

"I just wanted to be a normal kid!" the boy of seemingly 12 years of age cried. "I never wanted to have superpowers!"

Thinker dragged him up to his feet and pointed towards the monster, telling him, "You can defeat that thing, right?"

The Reluctant Hero hung his head. "Take me back home, please! All I want to worry about is bad grades and being popular, not apocalypses and magical rings and green goblins and WHATEVER OTHER SICK THINGS PEOPLE DO THESE DAYS."

His eyes started to glow and I took a cautious step back. 

"Yeah, that's the spirit!" Thinker said and patted the Reluctant Hero on the back as the boy continued to sniff away tears which I noticed were turning into lava on the pavement. Freaky. 

The Reluctant Hero strode forth towards the creature, steam trailing behind him, eyes aglow. A sword materialized in his left hand. 

With each slash at the monster, the boy let out a haunting battle cry: "I. JUST. WANT. MY. XBOX. BACK."

By the end of the skirmish, the creature was basically a dumpster fire in the middle of the road. The firefighters arrived to put it out, while the Reluctant Hero sulked on top of a pothole. 

I caught Thinker patting himself on the back and blowing kisses to the throng of people who had gathered.

When I asked the Reluctant Hero for a comment, all he said was, "Can I go back to my hobbit-hole now?" 

Word Count: 483
Written for prompt #4 of Aadit Pahuja's contest

For MORE Stereo Tropes Co. content:

He Arrived in an Ice Cube and I'm Freaking Out
4 Complaints Filed for HR Management at Stereo Tropes Co.  
There's a Coworker in My Office and He's Laughing like a Maniac
Trapped in a Room, but At Least the Marble Floors are High-Quality

(and if you want a chance to be able to CHOOSE the topic of one of my Stereo Tropes Co. stories, then be sure to enter my contest!!

2

this literally is the best series ever! it keeps getting better and better and ahhhhh part 6 nowww i need to read!

Sooo gooodddddddd

• RemovedUser1

Oh. My. Gosh. You are amazing. It just keeps getting better and better.

I love the opening lines! This is so funny! It's really cool how you portray typical stereotypes in a new way.

BEAUTIFUL

• journal.scribbles

"and if their insurance rates would be affected by this disastrous event." That's hilarious! I love this series so much. Keep writing, please!

• lianhabanana!

Replying: Yes you do get 5 reviews. :)

• spurtsofdarkness

Haha! Thanks for entering!