mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

don't know if this is obvious, but this is about people-pleasing. I tend to be a people pleaser myself and wanted to show it on an extreme level. Seriously, people, helping others is really important, but don't do that particular thing if it hurts you! <3

I'd love feedback on the formatting here :D

reservoir girls

dawn over chain link fences /
we dip our toes in the cool water, breaking the mirror-like surface /
cupped hands, cracked nails, parched throats /
lap up standing water like it's our lifeline /
which it is /
shouts from the other side of our enclosure startle us /
precious water dribbles down the fronts of our grimy shirts /
stones and catcalls batter our faces and hearts /
smother us with your western fabrications /
stamp us flat in your cursed assembly line /
we have no choice but to lay quietly on the conveyor belt /
it's what you want, after all /
and you come, day after day, to claim what isn't yours /
but we can't keep it from you /
we damped your feet, silent, obedient as you jeer /
we watch as you dip goblets into our water, laughing as you drink /
you run our river dry, while we are forced to watch, withering and threatening to fade /
no matter, so long as your throat is quenched /

• ElsaRee

This is simply stunning!

• inanutshell

i think the formatting actually works here! & everyone's alr mentioned it but i thought so too, the last line is astounding & really incorporates the metaphor here (love that title as well!)

Replying: Wait, a BOOK? Sounds awesome, but I've never heard of it. I honestly haven't been on there *that* much. So cool though. *shrugs*

pReAcH!! XD. My praises have already been said better than I can, so I'll just say this is great and DITTO.

“ we watch as you dip goblets into our water, laughing as you drink /you run our river dry, while we are forced to watch” oh my GOSH that’s gorgeous...i’m a huge people pleaser and super nonconfrontational so this was like YES for me. you conveyed it so well i’m like?? wow?? you’re so talented mia :’) i’m def gonna reread this many times

"we watch as you dip goblets into our water, laughing as you drink / you run our river dry, while we are forced to watch, withering and threatening to fade / no matter, so long as your throat is quenched /" wow, the extended metaphor in this is absolutely amazing. "we dip our toes in the cool water, breaking the mirror-like surface /
    cupped hands, cracked nails, parched throats" might just be my favorite lines but this whole piece is just an absolute work of art. people pleasing is definitely shown throughout this poem and you displayed it beautifully.
    you did the formatting very well here! we stan a versatile queen. <3

• naomi ling

hey mia! i love this format. "you run our river dry, while we are forced to watch, withering and threatening to fade." wowww. ur imagery BYE

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Wow! This is beautiful!! "cupped hands, cracked nails, parched throats / lap up standing water like it's our lifeline / which it is /" -- these lines really hit me!! I think you conveyed the idea of people-pleasing very well, and I, too, can relate to this. Wonderful job!! :)