Emi

American
Right Moderate Social Libertarian
Patriot
Biracial
Diecisiete
Ravenclaw
Lunar
Rider of the Rohirrim
Narnian
Prydain
District 7
Chef
Gardener
Writer
Artist
Seamstress
Homeschooler
Romantic
Nerd
Archer
Rifler

"I choose joy!" (for King and Country).
"Speak Life." (TobyMac).
"I'm gonna fight for what's right." (Skillet)
"Not by might, not by power, by Your Spirit God." (Tasha Cobbs Leonard)
"Wake up." (NF)
"It's the smallest spark that can light the dark." (Newsboys).
"Are you the safest with the world loving you or had enough of you?" (Lecrae)
"He will heal our land but it starts right here." (Casting Crowns)
"I know You fill this aching soul. (Elle Limebear).
"You rescued me." (Jeremy Camp)
"I know a God who can change your life like He changed mine." (SavannaC)
"God makes no sense to humans. If we could understand God, He wouldn't be God anymore." (Me)
Currently reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
JESUS 2020!!!!!

Live In Hope

1
 March 

It's started. I knew it would happen, the quarantine. I'm not going to see my friends for weeks, months. Oh, well. Most of my friends live far anyway; doesn't matter much. I'm not going to worry about it, at any rate. Not for myself, at least I'm healthy and strong. But I'm not even worried for my family. I have trust, faith.

April

My aunt wants me to be in a prayer chain. So I'm waking up at 6 a.m. now to pray for my grandparents' safety, the country, and the safety of health workers. So many are gone. Yet, I'm not afraid. I can only hope they knew where they were going before they died. I pray for the rest...that they would be saved, that they would have more time.

May
I'm tired, stressed, lonelier than I ever thought I'd be. I'm restless, maybe: a wild heart yearning to be let outside, to roam free. But I bide my time with singing as I hoe my lettuce rows, singing alone for joy unexpected and hope unforeseen. My family is safe; I pray others' might be as well.

June
Near freedom! We're in the yellow zone, which doesn't mean much because we still have to wear these cloth masks that make me breathe badly and don't work anyway. But, I could gallop up and down our back hill. We're planning a beach vacation already, and my cousins are coming over, and I got to see him again. I feel, even as the rest of the world holds its breath in fear, that the worst is over.

• June 30, 2020 - 6:43am (Now Viewing)