Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer
Poet
Twin
Disfusive
A bit empathic
A living oxymoron
WTW mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie & everyone
WTW sis to happy butterfly
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ

Joined 1/16/2020

Haha, this is chaotic. Enjoy?

Watercolor Love

We don't care for schedules or clear lines around perfect boxes. Our love is messy, and we always thought watercolors looked better than hyper-realism. Why confine the abstract to a set of rules?
    We decide that starlight is too cliche and instead do jumping jacks in the shallow end of the community swimming pool. The lifeguards stare, but our joy is contagious. Let's start a Zumba party and dance to the music of our laughter!
    Our mailbox fills with promotional material for fancy resorts we can't afford. If we crash someone's public Facebook event, that counts as a vacation. There might even be free food we'll shove into our backpacks to eat in the comfort of our turbulent home.
    It always circles back to brushstrokes, doesn't it? The colors can be so bright it hurts, but we prefer scrubbing stains off the floor of our garage to watching gray seep into our living room. Yes, our love is messy, and watercolors seep out of our memories and into tomorrow.
 I was in a blah mood, so I decided to write about people in love because that makes sense. I decided that they're married. Seriously, this doesn't even make sense to me, so if you guys get it, it'll be a miracle.

• happygiggles

I love this! It's so sweet and well-written!

Man, this is so sweet. My insides are all happy. I love it! Spectacular work! :)

• Ruthh

oh reading this made me so happy!!

Replying: thanks so much! I freak out so much when you comment about my pieces lol.
    Your feedback is not condescending at all.
    Blue means truth,so I said I know why you didn't paint the walls blue.And that's because blue means truth but they weren't being truthful, they were kind of ...they didn't love me though they did all these things that "made me think they did".So I thought it was kind of figuratively explained.Im sorry my explanation sucked,but maybe you understand a bit .Let me know if it still doesn't make sense because I'm looking at it from the writers point.I hope you don't think I explained it in a rude way,I appreciate your feedback immensely. I just thought if I explained maybe it would be a bit more clear.Let me know,again maybe it doesn't make sense from the readers point.<3

• purplepanache

oh my god, this is so sweet. my insides are blushing.

• Karma's_Coming

Y-ello fellow Evan Hansen fan. Or maybe you’re not and someone you know has forced you to listen to such gorgeous music. Not the point but anywho. If you could comment what three pieces you would like reviewed, that would be sweet.

Replying: aw, I'm glad you and your family like my story! I seriously thought nobody would read it and I'm glad you all get to enjoy it.

replying: ah i’m so sorry anne! i didn’t mean to attack you or anything!! i really tried to convey that anyone should dress how they want, and that includes modest dressers too!! i tried to say this when i wrote “modesty is a weapon held delicately, and to each fighter their own” but i’m so sorry it didn’t come off this way to you! i definitely wasn’t condemning you as a bigot or anything if you like to dress modestly, i was just trying to say that no matter how anyone dresses, they should be held in equal respect. that’s completely on me for not making myself clear enough!! agh, i really should’ve added more than just that line...i’m so sorry for being unclear!!

think i got here too late, oh well. the other comments say it way better, but everything here is so... ordinary? joy in the ordinary after all, i think this is one of the most beautiful moments in life. brilliant as always <3

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

I love this -- it's super cute and fun to read! I love the part about doing jumping jacks in the shallow end of a swimming pool! Awesome job! :)

Mwahaha of course I get it,I'm your triplet remember? Lol you're probably so annoyed that I keep saying that.Anyways I love this so much.I love the metaphors and just how care free and joyful it is.Like the happiness in simple living.Such a unique piece*hugs*

ack, I love this! it’s so cute and carefree, i wanna go jump into a pool now! i totally got the married aspect...they’re adorable and domestic. “ We decide that starlight is too cliche and instead do jumping jacks in the shallow end of the community swimming pool.” geez, this couple sounds so fun!! awwww.

• mia_:)

Wow! I love the ending! The voice seems so fun and carefree! I agree with Emi; this gave me some summer vibes! The part about the jumping jacks in the shallow end of the pool? *chef kiss*

I love your voice here; it's funny and fun-loving and full of carelessness that really makes me feel like it's a perfect summer story.

• CactusKid

this is cute!