SunV

(Sweaters & Slippers #holidayvibes)

I can, and I will.

Watch me.

One of WtW's resident Bibliophiles

Profile picture drawn by me, digitally edited through PicsArt

est. 11/10/2019. Active since March 2020

Always.

I was reading a Harry Potter fanfic about the aftermath of the war, so I thought, why not write a Eulogy-ish piece on Harry's POV if he was giving a Eulogy in the funeral/memorial of the deceased after the battle. Read it and weep.

Frankly speaking, I cried when reading or watching almost every death in the series. I was even a little teary when Bellatrix and Voldemort died. I'm not usually a sensitive person, but honestly, when you watch the seventh movie, see Lupin and Tonks just lying there, dead, you are bound to cry.When you see the scene where Tonks comes to help Kingsley and Lupin, they try to hold hands but cannot reach, and even when we just see then lying there, their hands are almost, almost touching.

I honestly believe that Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, Fred, Dobby, Lily, James, Albus, Snape, Colin, Lavender, Burbage (The muggle studies professor) and so many of the other characters deserved a second chance at life. Like, what if there was a prophecy, starting that if the dark lord was to fall, the ones who feel to his prey will rise once more. It should work, right?

I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, I would not be writing these pieces. Instead, I would be changing it so that it is not so heartbreaking.

Comments appreciated!!!

Ode to The Deaths on May 2nd 1998 #dramatize 2

9
        I show my sorrow through this Eulogy, to everyone who died fighting today. Every man, woman and child who died for the greater good. Every life lost in order to save countless more. You didn't deserve death. You deserved a life after the war, a life after the darkness enveloping this world disappeared. To all the students who fought for their school, I am sorry. Sorry that you will never be able to write your finals, to graduate and walk through the castle walls one last time. To all the teachers who died fighting for their home, I am sorry. Sorry, that you will not be able to grade the tests that you took. Sorry that you will not be able to look at the students faces one last time. To all the Order Members who died fighting for the betterment of other lives, I am sorry. Sorry that you will never be able to witness the joy and the mirth of the rest of us, for defeating the darkness. To everyone who died in the war, who died fighting so that others could survive, I am sorry. Sorry that you will not be there to receive your award, sorry that you will not witness the light coming back.

I now speak of specific people. To Teddy, who is barely a few weeks old, but will never see his parents again. To George, who will forever have a hole in his heart. To Parvati, who will miss her partner in crime. To Dennis, who will not have the guidance of his elder brother. To Andy, who has lost almost everything. To Cissy, who was caught on the wrong side. To everyone who will never hear the pleasant laughter of their loved ones again.

I would like to thank them. Them, who helped us defeat him. I would like to thank Remus, Tonks, Lavender, Colin, Sirius, Albus, Severus, Moody, Dobby, Lily, James, and the fallen fifty. 

But today, today we shall honour them. We shall not mourn our losses, but honour what change they have brought. 

They might be gone, but those who love us never really leave us. They stay with us, until the end, buried in our hearts.

Oh the feels...

In Harry's POV

• August 20, 2020 - 8:20pm (Now Viewing)

• EliathRose

Replying: Alright, thank you for your honesty. I’ll ask around sometime.

• EliathRose

Replying: Thank you so much for your explanation and take on things, it honestly cleared things up a lot. I did take a look at the community guidelines at one point, but I must not have read them through carefully enough, because I also got a piece taken down. Just a question: Do you know if putting in a trigger warning can prevent it from being taken down (mine was taken down for mentions of self harm/depression, though I didn’t even realize I was mentioning it all that much)?

Also, I really love this piece. It’s so beautiful.

• Doodleninja

fyi contest results are up!! :D

• Doodleninja

yeah this totally fits the prompt! I loved the sad tone, very fitting for a eulogy
    Thanks for entering my contest :D

• batman_is_a_cracker

Have you completed your 700 words of the story chain? You're two days late for your addition.

oh my god this is incredible. as a longtime HP fan, I could almost see this as Canon.