sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

i tried out a slightly different formatting style again hm,,anyways add this to your break up playlist 3 no more sad songs, society has progressed past the need for sad songs!! only stone cold vibes allowed!!

ode to the farewells i dreamt about

13

i think i’ll remember you, but i also think you know what i’m going to say next

i think of my hands held in yours, of vanilla embraces and homecoming dances,
    of a happily ever after, and journeys spent together, and a dream that lasts forever, 

but i also think that it’s time to let the fantasies go by.

and i think that fireworks are beautiful, but only because they don’t last, only in the
        encore, only because there’s a fallout of sparks and smoke
and i think that we were brilliant, but in the way that the dying embers of a campfire
    are adored and cherished and burning “brilliant” before they croak into a puff of ash
    and i think we could’ve had a chance, but only in a world where the ocean turns red, where rain falls from the ground, where whales swim in the sky, where i’m better at
        acting like i still think of you at night

and i think that you meant it when you said i was your world, but i also think people
        like you are exceptionally good at letting half-truths tumble into lies that even you believe
    and i think that i could grow to hate the way you’ll close the door, but i don’t think i’ll hate it enough to not let you go
and i think that this will break some bones, call for a couple splints, but i don’t think
        it’ll strike life-threateningly as close to the heart as anybody makes it seem
and i think that i’m sorry, and i am; i am so, so sorry, but i don’t think i’m nearly sorry
    enough

and i think that you loved me, probably. most likely. without a doubt. unwavering, truthful, unbearably steadfast
    but i don’t think that it ever could have been enough to make me stay
-“and when you think of me, am i the best you ever had? / share one more drink with me, smile even though you’re sad” - p!atd’s death of a bachelor
-and then...we/they break up! and live happily ever after :D
-i feel like people tend to explore/write about being dumped/being on the receiving end of a break up! so here’s a piece that goes through the POV of person who calls it off/makes the decision to end things in the first place, instead
-sometimes losing feelings and ending things isn’t nearly as...harsh or mean as fiction tends to make it seem. i tried to convey how bittersweet and soft it really can be :’]

• mia_:)

Wow! So beautiful! "and i think that fireworks are beautiful, but only because they don’t last, only in the encore, only because there’s a fallout of sparks and smoke / and i think that we were brilliant, but in the way that the dying embers of a campfire are adored and cherished and burning “brilliant” before they croak into a puff of ash." This is like the best line ever! Sorry I didn't read this piece earlier (I had it bookmarked so I could come back and give it the attention it deserves!). It is fabulous and you are talented and it's all amazing! *breakdancing ensues*

Replying: Oh gosh, you have no idea how relieved I am. *starts to shake your hand* *hugs you instead*
    Did you unpublish it because of what I said? I mean you really didn't have to do that, but I appreciate the sentiment. If you just made your acceptance (?)(not sure if that's the right word) a little clearer, it would come off better.
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I like this unique point of view! Very insightful, and also beautifully done! It's so poetic and full of lovely symbolism.

• queenie

reply: Cool ;)

• queenie

So pretty, my guy. I loved the formatting of this piece. How long did it take you to do that? (the formatting, I mean.)

one of the nicer break up poems i've read haha. this is exactly what we all needed because you're totally right, because sometimes two halves that fit together so perfectly can break apart cleanly as well.
    "and i think we could’ve had a chance, but only in a world where the ocean turns red, where rain falls from the ground, where whales swim in the sky" loved this segment! it really was bittersweet, just like you were going for! like Anne said, this was so cleverly written <3.

Agh, just so beautiful. "and i think that i could grow to hate the way you’ll close the door, but i don’t think i’ll hate it enough to not let you go" (and literally every other line) is just so cleverly written and impactful and unique!

I really love this."and i think that fireworks are beautiful, but only because they don’t last," this is my favourite line ,its so beautiful