One Shot

"The ones who stay within the lines don't make change" - Stephenie Porter

Hey hey!

I am an artist at heart! I love creative writing, poetry, spoken word, dance, singing/songwriting, culinary arts, and so much more! I'm a sucker for God, I aspire to lead, and I hope to encourage hundreds (and maybe more;) ) with my writing.

- Keep Being Awesome

What Is Writing to You?

4
As a teenager, I am faced with many challenges far greater than any mind could imagine. Joy, hate, love, peace, family, friends, wars, injustice. All of these things are current in the 21st century, and I as a writer I love to conquer topics like these knowing that they may be challenging, but as my best friend says “God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle.”  and I stand by that whole heartedly.

Weather it be fantasy or fable, I love taking things from my past and present and turning them into messages for the future. I have always found myself enriched in the arts, and writing as a whole. I would consider myself a writer who loves to inform and take risks. While still in school I participate in many performing arts programs that allow me to not only exercise these writing skills, but also put them to the test. Furthermore, while in English class, I have been assigned many writing tasks to show my teachers the extent of my writing skills. And something I have difficulty doing is being more concise. Or to put it in plain terms, I write too much! I have always found that once my pen hits the paper, all of my innermost thoughts spill out onto the white sheet, overflowing into a river of words others can be engrossed in. And while I hate to criticize myself, I think that it is important for me to understand my weaknesses and grow from them in order to become a better writer in the future. And I also find it important that others know these weaknesses so they can help me along the way.

If you look up the definition of writing in the dictionary, it states that writing is “The activity or skill of marking coherent words on paper and composing text.” (Dictionary.com). And of course many people take this statement to be true. It is very simple, very clean cut, and very understandable, but I however, am not. I find writing to be my safe place, my haven, and my road that leads towards home. I find writing to be a place where I can escape to, where I can live, and where I can breath. Through my life I have faced many challenges, and hardships. For me, writing gives me something that I can vacate to, and some place that I can wash all of the memories of bad away, and fill them with good. Writing to me, is not only a wonderful skill that I have been blessed to have, but it is also a path that leads me further and further to my journey in life and I hope to pass this passion on to many young writers like myself.

Simply discirbing myself as a writer, why I love it, and what it means to me.

• Wisp

I know you've been inactive for months now, but I just wanted to extend my gratitude to you One Shot. You see, recently I hit a milestone of 103 followers, and I wanted to give you my thanks. It's because of you and your support that I was able to get here and become the writer I am today. It means so much that you have stuck with me since and I am grateful to you for that. I wasn't the best writer when I started, but you helped me to become better, even if it was just a like and follow to you, it encouraged and propelled me farther to work at improving my writing skills. Thank you for that, it means everything to me.
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

• Wisp

"I find writing to be my safe place, my haven, and my road that leads towards home. I find writing to be a place where I can escape to, where I can live, and where I can breath."
    Oh gosh, I am in love with those lines. Your narrative is so lovely and your tone of voice creates this soft comforting cadence throughout the piece. I really understand what it's like to you as a writer, and how it makes you as a person. There's so much rawness and emotion in this piece, and I especially love the personal touches and experiences you give, it just adds this more meaningful presence in your writing. Lovely piece and I love your view on what writing and being a writer means to you.

• ReaganMarie2024

Which probably means it wasn't very authentic

• ReaganMarie2024

I like this, I can see your heart about writing through this. I have a piece like this I did for a challenge on here, but I don't remember what I wrote.