mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

I am suffering from a terrible block, so the fact that this resulted is a miracle, even though it's not my best work. I'll probably unpublish this soon. I would love feedback, since I'm not really sure what this is ngl . . . :/

toxins and remedies (title ideas and feedback, please! <3)

19
i. acacia
let your acacia wishes run down my arms, soaking my sleeves, tattooing the inside of my wrists with your sonnets. born of air, you blow dust off my altar and light the incense as fragrant tendrils dance between the strands of my hair. flush out my toxins, draw out the memories that i can't bear to relive, spread honey bliss across my blank mind. for only you can make me forget, but your very presence makes me sift through the pile of debris that stacks up between my eyes. i unconsciously unveil your secrets and you are none the wiser.

ii. anise
quilt your dreams in star anise, sabaism ever prevalent in your veins as you kneel before your window, whispering vows and celestial stories. remeniscent of silver coins smacking against countertops, licorice gummies pressed against the roof of my mouth, but never yours (you preferred sour ropes). how we used skip along cracked sidewalk, carefree and ignorant. now you diffuse poison into my hemoglobin and watch as i try to fight the lethargy.

iii. cassia
coat your fingers in cassia and drag them across my temples, letting the antiseptic wash your bacterium from my mind. how i wish i could turn back the clock, before lake days and storms, before treason and treachery. an imposter is what you are, only the finest of noses able to tell you don't belong. you stole her identity, rolled yourself into cinnamon sticks, and slipped yourself into the fatal mortar and pestle. i can never forgive you.

iv. bergamot
sedate me with bergamot, while you muse at the foot of my cot. how things used to be, i hear you whisper as i slip in and out of oblivion. let your lethal salves sluice into my unsuspecting pores. pretend to heal me, then snap me in half while i lay at your feet. cry as you watch me fade. look over your shoulder for sympathy, but receive none from me.

v. clary sage
flick your clary sage digits gently at the corners of my mind. please, you whisper. come back. you rouse me kindly, patient as i get my bearings. you snap my wandering mind to attention and force me to hold your gaze, but this time i don't mind. as i feel the aroma tap at my eyelids, i throw my arms around you. you've pulled me from the ocean i was drowning in (i choose to overlook the fact that you tossed me overboard in the first place) and i've plucked the filter from the your contact lenses. together, untouchable, we're free.
No clue what this is . . . the acacia line popped into my head and I was browsing essential oil types and the rest of this soon followed! I would LOVE feedback!

1

Rereading this and it's still a masterpiece

replying: ah, pop-it’s! interesting...sorry, i’ve just woken up (again). the fireworks were lovely! we could see them clearly from the dining room, but they did get kind of loud and scary haha. what about yours? also: hmmmm, i think talking about what the piece meant to you/inspiration for the piece/what you intended for would be interesting to read about! how’s your other stuff that’s in the works going (i think u said appreciation post and whatnot?) <3 *hugs hugs smorches hugs*

• Eblinn

This is marvelous!
    "born of air, you blow dust off my altar and light the incense as fragrant tendrils dance between the strands of my hair."
    This poem is like caramel melting on my tongue, it's crazy beautiful!

• elliem

Review coming soon! <3

• Mishthi Sharma

Replying- Thank u mia for reading my piece. I will surely check the graphic novel out.

• .amelia.

wow this so so deep and enchanting! well done! :)

i think toxins and remedies works very well! maybe an adjective describing each one, though, if you wanna change it?

• ava09

This is absolutely incredible as everyone else has said. For a tile maybe "Poison Remedies" or "Toxic Antidote?" But obviously it's your piece so up to you what to call it! ;) Also I know how you feel I'm in a bit of a writing slump myself right now too. It'll get better though we got this!
    Replying: Of course it was no problem - I love reading your work! <3 I have never heard of cinnamon jolly ranchers...I will have to look for them for sure though they actually sound really good! :)

• elliem

This is gorgeous, Mia! Again, I'm mind-blown by your sheer talent. I never could've written something like this at thirteen! (Heck, I couldn't write something like this now!) Not sure about titles, but I love how each of these little section seems to come alive with its own personalities. Absolutely stunning <3

• rosemarywisdom

Hi! First off, this piece is beautiful. Second: replying to your comment on my piece: do you use an app to try and teach yourself or do you use Youtube? For me, I used ultimateguitar, and it was so helpful, more so than the tutorial videos. And sometimes you need to play OVER a song, so as to help you get the strumming pattern down. Key changes are annoying, so if you have a capo, you can just move it up one fret and it should give you the same song without you having to delve into the # chords (they're a pain.).

Also: if you have any other Qs for me, I published a Q&A forum for five hundred <3 feel free to ask :)

• A Rose

I don't know anything about essential oils but I adore this

wow, just wow. please don’t take this down !! it’s beautiful!! i could literally SMELL the essential oils from the way you described them. your personification is just *mwah* “ you've pulled me from the ocean i was drowning in (i choose to overlook the fact that you tossed me overboard in the first place)“ how’re you so descriptive??? heck yeah. this is awesome!

yes, i had this on a tab for a long time so i'd be focused when i read this and holy heck that's what this pieces deserves. only the best. the way you use figurative language in this is just....???????? whaa?????? it's the type that's a little uncomfortable, unique and stuff that i love! and you balanced it out perfectly with warmer shades of words. as always, mia, you render me speechless with your versatility and brilliance. <3
    ps. title? i read in the footnotes you wrote this based off of essential oils so...
    oils and ailments? idk.