AnnKat

HELLO! I'm currently working on a novel, I love to make art, and listen to music! I've really enjoyed being a part of a writing community, and writing peer reviews! I'd love to do some peer review exchanges and supporting fellow writers! :)

Any feedback is welcome! Constructive criticism! Anything!

On the top of the World

3

It was like being at the very top of the world
You could see hills and the city that stretched beneath you
The hill would curve and we would roll down the steep hill
But it would end where the trees started
You could always hear the sound of birds nearby 
Or see the butterflies and bees that hid in our place
It was a small section of the hill hidden by tall grass
I always felt safe when I was there
Part way up the hill we would lay and watch the clouds
Taking turns saying what we thought each one looked like
Watching the sunset on the ocean
The most vibrant shades I’ve ever seen
Bringing out a quilt when twilight would come
I would shout when I saw the first star
He thought something was wrong and would let me know that actually
That was the first star
 We would tickle each other down the rolling hill
Ending up kicking each other in the face, or in a jumble of limbs
He made me smile and laugh,
Usually when I didn’t feel like smiling or laughing
Of course that’s not the full story. 
To understand, and have a happy ending,
 you have to decide which part of the story to tell
This was for lindsmariebuck contest! She set really interesting prompts (with the designated short story/poetry gives you a really unique way of interpreting them!)

• Wisp

Hi AnnKat! Recently I hit a milestone of 103 followers, and I wanted to give you my thanks. You see, you may not know it, but that single like and follow you gave me spurred me on, and gave me the encouragement to write again. I wish I could give you that feeling as well, but for now, I hope you'll settle for this comment at least. Thank you for coming along my WtW journey with me, it truly means a lot to me and I value it a lot. It's because of your encouragement that I continued to write and post here, and you gave me a gift to be confident in my work. For that, I give you my thanks. I hope that all your future endeavors bring you happiness!
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

• Wisp

Ahh, I really adore the childhood youth and nostalgia you put in this piece. The tie-in with the hill is lovely and I love how you took this because to stand on top of the world can mean anything, and you chose to interpret it with standing on top of a hill. The imagery is exquisite, each detail has so much depth and layers to it and I just adore it so much. And that ending, my heart swooned at that because it shows a change of perspective and it was as if a narrative was being told and it had come to an end. Beautiful piece!

• AnnKat

Oh thanks!! (the person hosting actually said there was no hashtag because she doesn't like them XD) but typically yes there are hashtags!!

• løne wølf

An amazing piece! I love it <3
    If you're submitting to a contest, might I suggest adding the hashtag of the contest in the title? Correct me if I'm wrong, I usually am XD